[PC Game] Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda : My Face is Tired but the MP isn't

Maybe the multiplayer will be fun. That's the first time I've ever typed that.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for more gameplay footage.

ME3 legacy was its great MP, seriously.
ME3MP is the fucking bomb. I should start playing that again.

BioWare is like that ex that you were really happy with for a while, until their flaws started overwhelming the good parts, so you split up, then like six months or a year later you see them again and immediately fall right back into it. And that happens over and over. Especially since half the problems aren't necessarily them, but their meddling, greedy family (EA).

I may have to invest in a new system to play ME4 at some point.

ME3MP is the fucking bomb. I should start playing that again.

BioWare is like that ex that you were really happy with for a while, until their flaws started overwhelming the good parts, so you split up, then like six months or a year later you see them again and immediately fall right back into it. And that happens over and over. Especially since half the problems aren't necessarily them, but their meddling, greedy family (EA).

I may have to invest in a new system to play ME4 at some point.

They're more like the ex that you were madly in love with until they joined scientology, and then no matter how much you tried to tell yourself everything was the same as before, they kept trying to get you to preorder thetan detectors.

Hopefully I won't be able to slam you for this. But I will if the game sucks
That's fair enough.

Here's a thing to remember: Mass Effect 3 didn't suck; the ending choice sucked and that's tainted people's opinion of the entire game. But like 90% of the game itself was pretty fucking good. The multiplayer's so good people are still playing it.

That's fair enough.

Here's a thing to remember: Mass Effect 3 didn't suck; the ending choice sucked and that's tainted people's opinion of the entire game. But like 90% of the game itself was pretty fucking good. The multiplayer's so good people are still playing it.
Mass Effect 3 didn't suck. But it had WAY more problems than just the ending. The terrible side quests where you eavesdropped on random conversations, the readiness meter that was meaningless, the AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL villain Kai Leng (like, literally the worst), the baffling choice to have you battling Cerebrus through 90% of the game (who are suddenly a galactic super power to rival entire species), etc.

Just looked at the pre-orders for Andromeda. Usual EA pre-order trash. Skins and bonuses for multiplayer. Fuck that shit. I can wait a while.

Mass Effect 3 didn't suck. But it had WAY more problems than just the ending. The terrible side quests where you eavesdropped on random conversations, the readiness meter that was meaningless, the AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL villain Kai Leng (like, literally the worst), the baffling choice to have you battling Cerebrus through 90% of the game (who are suddenly a galactic super power to rival entire species), etc.

Just looked at the pre-orders for Andromeda. Usual EA pre-order trash. Skins and bonuses for multiplayer. Fuck that shit. I can wait a while.
Wait, was there more than one eavesdrop quest? And what was wrong with the readiness meter?

The other points I agree with wholeheartedly. Fucking Kai Leng. Just fuck everything about him. But not literally; I hope he never gets laid, canonically.

Wait, was there more than one eavesdrop quest? And what was wrong with the readiness meter?

The other points I agree with wholeheartedly. Fucking Kai Leng. Just fuck everything about him. But not literally; I hope he never gets laid, canonically.
It didn't do anything.

ME3 personified the illusion of choice. We were told our choices would matter, but every single important choice that was made got overridden. Killed the Rachni Queen?! HERE'S A CLONE! Blew up the Reaper? There were still enough salvageable components. It really pissed me off.

Kai Leng was an asshole. He was supposed to be an asshole. But I'll give you that one.

Cerberus had been a bad-guy organization since game 1 - there were at least 4 or 5 sidequests in ME1 where Shep & Co have to deal with the disastrous aftermaths of one of their projects. Mass Effect 2 was about Shepard and Cerberus using each other towards a common goal when the Alliance and Council wouldn't act, though it was clear that Cerberus was still terrible. By ME3, they've had time to perfect the technology they reverse engineered from The Reapers / Collectors and used it to upgrade all their troops (and it's hinted at Sanctuary that a lot of the conversion wasn't willing). You have to remember that the major galactic powers were preoccupied with The Reapers invading their homeworlds, Earth included. So while Cerberus wasn't really equal to The Alliance or the Turian Hierarchy or even the Asari or Salarian Tactical Group, none of them could spare the forces to deal with Cerberus, while Cerberus could focus on a few strategic places (Omega, the Citadel, Grissom Academy, etc) with a large portion of their forces. For example, the base where Eve and the cure of the genophage were being worked on: STG could only spare a few platoons to protect it, while Cerberus spent a few companies trying to take it.

More than that, though, fighting Cerberus was to have humanity fighting itself - Cerberus representing human supremacists who were willing to consign the rest of the galaxy to the ash heap and become the pawns of the Reapers, while Shepard and company represented the best of The Alliance - humanity choosing to fight to save the rest of the galactic community, to stand together in the face of annihilation. That's a major part of the series.

Personally I thought the "overhearing conversations" method of sidequests was fairly organic and was a way of showing the player the way regular civilians were being affected by the war.

The readiness meter wasn't meaningless. It determined what endings you could access.

Kai Leng wasn't just an asshole, he was a poorly written and introduced writer's baby from the books that no one read, shoehorned into the main game's story "because".

Kai Leng wasn't just an asshole, he was a poorly written and introduced writer's baby from the books that no one read, shoehorned into the main game's story "because".
The "cereal killer" thing from the Dietz novel (that Bioware basically had to retcon out of existence) was kind of hilarious in an awful way.

Agreed. The original ending was a clear slap in the face to Mass Effect fans. The illusion of choice was a huge disappointment. Some DLC that came afterwards helped it but only 1 was "free". Citadel/Leviathan = $$$
Giving Citadel for free would have gone a long way but it didn't, I had to torrent it because fuck EA for nickle and dimiing.

Kai Leng killed parts of the game for me. I hated his "fights" which were constantly staged to be "dangerous" but I literally mopped the floor with him.
Then cinematic, he gets "the upper hand", here comes another chase scene and whatever was designed to happen JUST DIDN"T MATTER.

Best part of ME3 single player wise was the incredible ending to Mordin's story.

Best part of ME3 though was the MP, it was fantastic. Sure, there's DLC shit but it all unlocked for you and playing well rewarded you with more unlocks.

As for the pre-order, I took the cheapest edition. Simply because I wanted to pre-order the game. I can cancel if I'd like. If it is terrible, I can probably get a refund or credit. Origin support is not Steam support and have been great the last year I've been using it. The more expensive editions only had stuff I didn't care about. Soundtrack? Youtube. Art? Fuck your art. Packs that unlock for MP? Interesting but I'm a big boy, I'll do it by myself by playing great MP.

Mass effect 3 wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the same quality as the previous two games. Outside of a few standout moments (someone else might have gotten it wrong) most of the game felt like it was made by committee. We're not going to include any of ME2 crew to your party because they might be dead, but if they aren't, here's the generic moment where they show up once, or will be replaced by a generic NPC that does the same thing.

Shitty sidequests, no branching paths, or if there are branching paths they change maybe a single line of dialogue.

I played it once, fought through to the end, and then vowed to never preorder again as I never played the single player again, opposed to 1 and 2 which I played through several times

Yeah, only have finished the game on one play through. Finished it twice, once the "end" patch was released. Convenient save just before it. Chose all the colors of the rainbow was still disappointed.

One thing ME3 had which was excellent was its score. Truly excellent.

I liked the first game's retro synth score the best. I hated that they shifted away from it.

I liked the first game's retro synth score the best. I hated that they shifted away from it.

Hm. I really liked the first game's score, and I think you just hit the nail on the head as to why. That said, I'm a big fan of some of the third game's pieces as well. I can't think of much memorable from ME2 though.

Cog in 2010 said:
There is one thing I don't like about mass effect. You know that almost every playable character besides Shepperd is not going to do something very important for the story in the sequels because he might be dead depending of the ending. And the more sequels, less important the character is going to be.