[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the guy, but it doesn't matter because Bioware is so fully integrated into EA (they're one of the 3 main labels of the company now) that it's hopeless to think that anything can be done.

So... why is Bioware "firmly committed to the artistic integrity of it's writers" when all but two writers were thrown out of the process and the rest of the writers repeatedly told them that what they were making was awful? It really sounds like founder of the company is protecting his friend's bad writing.

I'm honestly wondering how many people have gotten the axe over the bad reception of this game.

I just finished a Renegade run of ME3. I chose the
synthesis ending
. I get the rage of the "choose your ending" thing, but actually, I think you guys may have improved things for me. I expected something so horrendous that I expected to cry in sheer terror at it. Instead I was like "Ah, well, that's interesting. Huh."

Well, after watching the Angry Joe video, I get the anger now. Damn.

However, I will say while the ending is a bit shitty, the core of ME3 was fun and I enjoyed the storyline for the most part.

So, no one saw my video? :(
I watched it, and it makes a lot of good points, especially about how EA would be influencing Bioware even if the execs just left them alone and never bothered them and how, with things like Kickstarter, the Bioware team could easily abandon ship, set up anew, and make the games they want.

Seems like Bioware is going to take to summer on this thing not to create good alternative endings, but to try to write their way out of the hole Casey Hudson created. I do not envy them having to take the time to make sense of this shit. I hate how defensive the whole "not going to change the ending" thing is.

First of all, it was two guys. Not the team. Two guys. There's no reason to defend their shit.
Secondly, they don't have to scrap those endings. Those can still be there. Just give the players other alternatives to the red-blue-green choice, stuff outside of that. How can more options be considered a bad thing?

Do they not understand that part of why people are pissed is that their actions and choices don't affect the ending situation? Partly because it was promised and partly because to do it this way, the ending has nothing to do with the rest of the game. I'm avoiding every scene and spoiler for earlier in the trilogy that I can, but I don't mind knowing this ending so well because it's detached from all those other actions and character moments. It's just slapped onto the tail end of everything.

I've read the ending online (cos I ain't buyin it cos I'm broke and didn't care for the first one) and .....yeah I understand why people are mad. I mean...wow. Way to just piss on the entire concept of the game. Just...wow. Well, I'm gonna go rewatch the original Star Wars trilogy. At least that ending satisfies.

So we are going to get a bunch of "clarifications" to the ending... but basically all the galaxy breaking nonsense that pissed us off in the first place is going to remain? Awesome... totally awesome...

:mad:

So this chart is about as accurate as it gets. I've talked to a few friends who finished the game and they are, "it's OK, not great" and I immediately follow up with specific questions about the mass effect universe and only get wrong answers in return. I then feel validated.

wiuyu.jpg

You know Jay, that chart seems pretty much the case from what I've experienced from people as well. The less invested they are in the universe... the less vitriolic they were about the ending.

By the way, Scythe, Frankie and Raven... get your asses online sometime so I can have some team mates that actually know what the hell they are doing in multiplayer. Stupid random quick games... I've never seen people with such good equipment suck so hard.

I may be up for a few games before the end of the week, then I have a trip.

As for the topic at hand, I gave up. They don't want to treat the fans with the respect they deserve, so I in turn will not respect them back enough to buy their games from this point out. Hope that "Artistic Integrity" worked out for you, Casey.

So this chart is about as accurate as it gets. I've talked to a few friends who finished the game and they are, "it's OK, not great" and I immediately follow up with specific questions about the mass effect universe and only get wrong answers in return. I then feel validated.

View attachment 5408
Is it okay if I barely know anything about it and it pisses me off from a logical, basic rules of story-telling, value of choice-making, and lying to your damn customers angle? I may not know all the ins and outs of Mass Effect, but this crap is honestly so bad that it violates things on an objective narrative level, a cause-and-effect level, and a false advertising level.

Status
Not open for further replies.