[Mar 25, 2012] TF2 Stress Test (Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Today we will be attempting to get all 16 slots filled on the new TF2 server to see how or if it affects lag or playability.
If interested in helping out by blowing shit up, please RSVP.

Dave

Staff member
-heh- We had 5 on earlier with no issues. If we want we can open it on non-event days to not have a password so random strangers might come in.

I'm sorry I missed it. I ended up sleeping most of the day, then re-downloading all my steam games (new hard drive).

On non event days I would agree. It would keep people in the room and give halforumites more people to play with on the server, rather than going elsewhere. I know there's servers with priority to donors out there, so there's probably some way to setup a whitelist of priority for halforumites.

I'm sorry I missed it. I ended up sleeping most of the day, then re-downloading all my steam games (new hard drive).
Pssst... did you know you can copy them over from your existing drive without the need to re-download them all?

On topic... I'll try and be around for the stress test... no promises though... having young kids will do that.

figmentPez

Staff member
We had six people on at one point, fighting melee-only. Not exactly a stress-test, but it's pretty fun to see melee go on for as long as it did.

Dave

Staff member
Are you kidding me?!? I set the fucking day and I showed up on the wrong one?!? I thought yesterday was the 25th! I was bitching on Saturday at noon about how nobody cared or bothered to show up! I'm a fucking moron.

Are you kidding me?!? I set the fucking day and I showed up on the wrong one?!? I thought yesterday was the 25th! I was bitching on Saturday at noon about how nobody cared or bothered to show up! I'm a fucking moron.
Yes... yes you are.

Dave

Staff member
I talked about it online yesterday to pretty much everyone. NOBODY corrected me! Ash even complained about nobody being there for the stress test.

No, Sunday WAS the 25th, which is the day you scheduled. I showed up on the 24th (saturday) because I thought it WAS the 25th.

Unless you meant to schedule it for Saturday and didn't.

Dave

Staff member
No, Sunday WAS the 25th, which is the day you scheduled. I showed up on the 24th (saturday) because I thought it WAS the 25th.

Unless you meant to schedule it for Saturday and didn't.
So basically both server admins had the wrong day.

Man did we fail hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.