[Brazelton] Malcolm Young of AC/DC has passed.

It is with deepest sorrow that we inform you of the death of Malcolm Young, beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother. Malcolm had been suffering from Dementia for several years and passed away peacefully with his family by his bedside.
Renowned for his musical prowess Malcolm was a songwriter, guitarist, performer, producer and visionary who inspired many. From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took to the world stage giving their all at every show. Nothing less would do for their fans.
Malcolm is survived by his loving wife O'Linda, children Cara and Ross, son-in-law Josh, three grandchildren, sister and brother.
While thanking all for their overwhelming support and heartfelt condolences, the family ask that you respect their privacy during this time of heartbreak and grief.
For those wishing to send messages to the family please visit the Sydney Morning Herald Malcolm Young Memorial website which will be available next week.
The family have asked instead of flowers to send donations to The Salvation Army.
Another of the musical legends has left us too soon.

Dave

Staff member
You know, I have a different take on this. Yeah, it's sad, but the dude had dementia. That is so god damned hard on everyone around them that I'm certain they have sadness mixed with guilty relief. And Malcolm probably would not have wanted to live the way he did the last few years.

So it's sad in a way, but in another way it's easier to celebrate the life this guy led and his achievements.

It was hard seeing him retire in 2014. I love ACDC and Malcom was essentially the heart of ACDC. I realize they're all getting old, and the lineup essentially just plays the huge discography with no need for new material, but Malcom will still be missed as one of the fathers of hard rock.[DOUBLEPOST=1511140440,1511140391][/DOUBLEPOST]Also: