List your oddball quirks/habits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also judge buildings and vehicles based on their ability to be defended during the Zombie apocalypse.
I do that, too. But since my current lodgings are next to a major hospital, I have concluded I might as well lather myself with barbecue sauce and serve lunch. Unless I get an assault rifle, then it's a different story.[/QUOTE]

This past year I bought a gun... and I have to admit that one of the deciding factors (not the only one, but it was in there) on which gun I bought was be "effectiveness of use during zombie apocalypse." Ended up with an 18.5" barrel pump action 12 gauge with a 5 shell magazine.[/QUOTE]

All hail the mighty turkey shotgun!

GasBandit

Staff member
I also judge buildings and vehicles based on their ability to be defended during the Zombie apocalypse.
I do that, too. But since my current lodgings are next to a major hospital, I have concluded I might as well lather myself with barbecue sauce and serve lunch. Unless I get an assault rifle, then it's a different story.[/QUOTE]

This past year I bought a gun... and I have to admit that one of the deciding factors (not the only one, but it was in there) on which gun I bought was be "effectiveness of use during zombie apocalypse." Ended up with an 18.5" barrel pump action 12 gauge with a 5 shell magazine.[/QUOTE]

All hail the mighty turkey shotgun![/QUOTE]

Barrel's really too short for any kind of serious hunting. Any shorter than 18 inches and they call it a sawed-off (and illegal). Most would use a 28 inch or so barrel for hunting, for tighter grouping. This one's a real scattergun.

Mine:

for hunting:

C

Chazwozel

I never put my clothes in the hamper. I will drop them right next to it, but never into it. It doesn't have a lid.

Things out of place do not bother me at all. My wife tested this the other day. She left the vaccuum cleaner in the middle of the living room with the cord extended out around the middle of the room. It took me three days to give enough of a shit to move it out of the way.

Ooo, I have that problem. If something gets left out long enough, my brain will just accept that this is its new location and not see any need to put it away unless someone else (Kati) mentions it OR until we get ready to have people over and I look around the place with the critical 'People will see our house like this!' eyes.

--Patrick

For me it depends on what it is and where it is at. But for the most part once something hits the ground/table/dresser/etc it will stay there until I get bored enough to straighten it or it starts to get in my way for whatever specific task I am working on.

fade

Staff member
Not me, I'm a neat freak. Someone once asked me if my kids had any toys. Yeah, I just obsessively clean them up (after I make them start).

I sometimes mix up words in a sentence just because it sounds funny to me.
For example: She gives me the creeps
turns into: She creeps me the gives.
They're going to a photoshoot = They're going to a shotophoot.
It's very stupid. I do it in my head sometimes when other people are talking, most of the time it's funnier in spanish.

I also count the steps I am allowed to take per tile, of course most of the time it just ends up frustrating me but it's not a big deal.

I'm always looking for spelling/grammar mistakes on everything I read. 98% of the time I find them, especially in spanish.

I always translate songs, sometimes it sounds very very funny when trying to sing in spanish a song that's originally in english, (or vice versa) literal translation can have very ridiculous outcomes.

P

Philosopher B.

I will be watching a movie and I'll hear a word or a phrase and I'll think 'that would make a rad-ass sample!' and imagine what it would sound like to a beat. This sometimes occurs in meatspace, as well, especially when I catch a random snippet of conversation from someone sitting behind me in a class or something.

I check the time on my cellphone constantly out of nervous habit; often, directly after I've checked, I can't even remember what the figgidy-fuck the time is.

I sometimes bite the shit out of the inside of my cheek. Luckily, I have almost completely kicked this habit.

I like to make my knees jiggle like a couple of grapefruits in a blustery gale.

I crack my knuckles/fingers/neck far more often that I ought to.

I constantly bounce my leg while sitting.

I do that all the time and it drives my family insane[/QUOTE]

Me too. If I force myself to stop, I'll start drumming my fingers on something instead.

The one time that I got incredibly high (followed by getting incredibly sick), my bouncing leg could not consciously be stopped by me, even if I lifted my foot off the ground. It bounced much slower and kept perfect time, like a metronome. It was eerie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I'm sitting down, chances are my feet/legs are going to be doing something down there.

- I like the doors in the room I am inside to be closed.

- Is finding dirty jokes in everything an odball quirk?
Also, these.

Status
Not open for further replies.