[Informational] Let's Talk About Sex!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I find myself in need of a longer lasting lubricant. She's enjoying everything during sex, but she is experiencing some minor tearing if we go for anything longer than a quickie. Astroglide is our current line.

Any one have suggestions?

Muko Lubricating Jelly. It's medical grade, water based and an ex of mine that's a nurse swore by it.

Water-based is safest and easiest to clean.

In my experience, failing lube is a sign that the water is being dried out too fast. Rehydrating existing lube should slippery it back up again (rather than just piling on more and more), the question is more one of choosing clean water to do so. Do you wet your dick in a glass? Do you mist it on? Do you dribble it from on high? That part's up to you, just don't use water that's been sitting out uncovered with a chance to have things land in it.

You might also want to see if the drying is happening because of too little humidity in the room. A fan pointed at the two (or more?) of you might help keep you cool, but it'll also dry her out sneaky fast. If you must have a fan, you can either aim the fan up more towards head/torso, or you can keep the sheet/body positioned to block the breeze's direct path.

--Patrick

True, but there is a misconception out there that if you need lube for normal sex, something is wrong.

fade

Staff member
I did it. It was quick and painless. I never took any of the pain meds, because it never hurt. There was a mounting pressure for about a week when I was told not to do anything naughty, solo or otherwise. At the end of the week, it was a little like that scene from Scary Movie, though, and the pressure was gone.

You don't need to be backdooring to need lube, shush.
Never said that. Just said I would've given a different product recommendation if I'd known we weren't talking PIV. It would've probably been oil-based, though, so that has other caveats.

--Patrick

I find myself in need of a longer lasting lubricant. She's enjoying everything during sex, but she is experiencing some minor tearing if we go for anything longer than a quickie. Astroglide is our current line.

Any one have suggestions?
Silicone based lubricants last forever.

But they aren't good to use with condoms, so that's an important detail to know.
Some silicone based lubes are fine to use with condoms. Personally, my choice is this. It's a little expensive, that's ten dollars for that small bottle, but it works better than just about anything I've ever used.

My wife and I find that lube is more necessary when using a condom. Luckily my vasectomy is scheduled for the end of next month, so only 4 months until we won't need them anymore.
Just make sure you get the results of the "after" sample test before not using condoms. I've talked about this previously, but Aussie's vasectomy didn't work. The Navy gave him the run around as far as having another procedure done, so I had surgery about two years ago to get my fallopian tubes removed (yes totally removed and I have photos since it was a laparoscopic surgery:eek:).

Just make sure you get the results of the "after" sample test before not using condoms. I've talked about this previously, but Aussie's vasectomy didn't work. The Navy gave him the run around as far as having another procedure done, so I had surgery about two years ago to get my fallopian tubes removed (yes totally removed and I have photos since it was a laparoscopic surgery:eek:).
"I don't want you to just close the roads, I want you to blow the goddamn bridge!"

Double down on the Muko recommendation. If it's good enough for medical professionals sticking shit in you, it's probably good enough for recreational use. Also, it's inexpensive and discreetly packaged.

I forget what the procedure is called, but my wife had a small bit of metal inserted into her abdomen. Makes pregnancy impossible, lasts 10 years, and is removable at any time. This might be useful information for some. I don't usually give the "medicine companies only want profit" conspiracy theories, but I feel like few people have heard of this because there's no profit in a 100% effective treatment that lasts a decade.