[Movies] Let us rank series of movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the Future > Back to the Future II = Back to the Future III

Are the sequels as good as the first? No, definitely not. But it's damn close. They continue the story seamlessly (minus one actress change), include lots of clever callbacks to one another, and while they continue some running jokes (manure!), there's a lot of great, new, and equally memorable stuff to enjoy.
I agree with your sentiment. Speaking as someone whose favorite film is Back to the Future, the sequels aren't bad, it's just that I feel you need to watch them together while the first one you can watch by itself.

Shinsei Godzilla movies(cos their the only Godzilla series I have all of)

Godzilla Final Wars=Godzilla 2000> Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla>Godzilla Tokyo SOS>Godzilla giant monsters all out attack> Godzilla vs Megaguirus.

I put Godzilla Final Wars and Godzilla 2000 as equals because they both have the same level of AWESOME! Godzilla 2000 was pretty much one of Toho's many apologies for allowing Tristar to create that which shall not be named. And when I saw this when I was ten-I FREAKED OUT! The fight was awesome, the fact that they gave a hokey sci-fi explanation as to how Godzilla survives so many fights(shut up, I like hokey explanations) it was just great.
And Godzilla Final Wars I love because it just a fun freaking film that I always enjoy watching. Also-THIS SCENE!

Almost all is forgiven Toho, almost all is forgiven.

As for why I put Megaguirus at the bottom, let me say I don't hate this movie I just felt the fight between Goji-baby and the monster just wasn't that impressive compared to most fights in the series. Once again, not a bad flick but I was expecting more fight wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.