Legend of Korra

@Gusto
Weird, because one airbending child, avatar or not, was able to evade them by flying for a very long time, while destroying the temples might have lost them men and resources, but they got it done pretty fast considering...

@mr_thehun

Would it? Or would someone manage to make even the fight scenes boring?

And you'd expect nomads to actually be nomadic to at least some degree, even if they have 2 temples to meet up in... having all of them be at the temples when they where attacked is a bit too convenient.
They actually went into this a bit with the comics. Not all of the Air Nomads were at the temples at the time of attack. They still managed to get them all over the next 100 years, mainly through trickery.

Apparently the Fire Nation set up small little "safe houses" with Air Nomad decor in various parts of the world, then hid people in the populace who would tell wild stories about how they met an Air Nomad one night in a nearby location. They'd hide some troops nearby and they'd keep a watch on them, then when an Air Nomad showed up they'd just kill them. This only worked because Air Nomads are loathed to kill anyone, but Fire Nations soldiers have no such problem.

Aang actually gets caught up in one of these by Admiral Zhao in the comics, but managed to escape.

You'd still think some of them would have taken refuge at Ba Sing Se or with the northern Water Tribe... especially those that couldn't bend, as they could hide in plain sight very easily.

Would have been nice if some showed up after the Fire Lord got defeated... because otherwise the Avatar cycle will end the next time Air is next.

You'd still think some of them would have taken refuge at Ba Sing Se or with the northern Water Tribe... especially those that couldn't bend, as they could hide in plain sight very easily.

Would have been nice if some showed up after the Fire Lord got defeated... because otherwise the Avatar cycle will end the next time Air is next.
Your assuming Tenzin doesn't have a kid or has one between now and then.

They actually went into this a bit with the comics. Not all of the Air Nomads were at the temples at the time of attack. They still managed to get them all over the next 100 years, mainly through trickery.

Apparently the Fire Nation set up small little "safe houses" with Air Nomad decor in various parts of the world, then hid people in the populace who would tell wild stories about how they met an Air Nomad one night in a nearby location. They'd hide some troops nearby and they'd keep a watch on them, then when an Air Nomad showed up they'd just kill them. This only worked because Air Nomads are loathed to kill anyone, but Fire Nations soldiers have no such problem.

Aang actually gets caught up in one of these by Admiral Zhao in the comics, but managed to escape.
Free Comic Book Day! I was going to mention that comic too.

I actually liked Indiana Jones 4. :(
Added at: 21:57
But oh man, you know what would be awesome? Now, sit down when you read this....A Green Lantern live-action movie. OH FUCK, would that not be off-the-hook awesome?!

Your assuming Tenzin doesn't have a kid or has one between now and then.
If he did he'd be easier to find i'd wager... especially since to have an airbending heir who would only be 1/4th air nomad he'd pretty much have to go through a few tries at it...

But i guess a small air bending dynasty always getting the avatar when it's Air's turn would work...

Can't wait... I fell in love with this show. Any recent news?

Meanwhile, this will tide me over.

Can't wait... I fell in love with this show. Any recent news?

Meanwhile, this will tide me over.

It's supposed to be out sometime in 2012, but other than a few plot details that's all we know. They did reveal Korra's two companions, who are apparently brothers: Ones a Firebender and the Other is an Earthbender. Also, Tenzin apparently has kids, so it's pretty much assured that one will join up.

That's doubtful, since Korra, Mako and Bolin are all in the 16-18 range and Tenzin's kids are anywhere from 8-12.

I don't see an issue there. The characters in the original series ranged from 12-16. Whats a few more years of age difference?
Basically this. They need an Airbender in the group and Toph bucked the age thing last time, so it's probably going to be the oldest child (whom I'm guessing will be a girl, just to keep the same vibe as last time).

Since we know that Tenzin will be teaching Korra, I just have my doubts that he will let his kids go off on a dangerous journey with a bunch of cocky teenagers.

I thought that she was seeking him out so he could teach her but I didn't think it was official that Tenzin was going to be the one teaching airbending to the new Avatar.

I hope the show has the good balance of Serious storytelling and fun playfulness the original had, cause from what I've seen so far its leaning towards the "gritty" drama side. Avatar worked on both levels and that's what made it so great.

I really want to see that movie, just to see how bad it really is. I don't want to watch it on my own though. I think the appropriate way to watch it would be with friends so we can MST3K our way through it.