Larchmont. And NY in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, not really for Dave or Jay but for all you forumites who live in the NY area or have been there or know or anything.

What can you tell me about Larchmont?
Is it really just a small nice village filled with soccer moms?
What about schools?
Does it have easy access to the rest of NY's attractive spots?
There's an opportunity for me to go live there for a year and well... google's a good friend but I thought it'd be helpful to ask you guys too about it.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Staff member
I know nothing that can not be found on the internet. Where's our New York Halforumites?!?

I know pretty much nothing about Larchmont (closest I've been to there is Scarsdale), but a lot of that area is pretty nice.

You'd be an hour Metro North train ride from Grand Central Station/42nd st/Time Square, similar to Museum Mile, Central Park, and Yankee Stadium (it's the same length because you would need to get off at different points and take the subway). Add 15-20 min from there to get to Union Square, Chinatown or Tribeca. Add 30 to get to Brooklyn or Queens via the MTA (though if you want to go there from Larchmont, you're probably much better off driving).

What sort of things do you consider "attractive"?

Spent a lot of time in NY, NY, but never anywhere else in the state, sorry.
Added at: 17:32
I moved it for you but it could just be that no one knows anything about it. :(

Well, why exactly would you be going? Is it something you want to do? Have you ever lived that far from home for that long before?

Status
Not open for further replies.