[Brazelton] John Glenn

Godspeed John Glenn.

I had a student who's parents took her out of class for a week to go watch Glenn's last spaceflight.

Last edited:
I didn't get to watch any launches, but I did get to visit Kennedy Space Center back in '90. It was fascinating.

God speed, good sir. May your memory live on in the joy and wonder of everyone who ever dreams of traveling to space.

Astronaut. Senator. That's a life well lived.

In addition: dropped out of college to enlist in WWII as a Navy pilot, also flew in Korea and was highly decorated with 149 combat missions under his belt . Then went on as a test pilot completing the first supersonic transcontinental flight. Then went on to be one of the founding members of NASA as an astronaut. Then had his political career during which he pushed the nculear non - proliferation act. Then went BACK into space in his 70's to be the oldest person to travel to space.

The guy was the definition of the "Greatest Generation" He was like the 20th century's Teddy Roosevelt.

John Glenn, space pioneer and senator, laid to rest at Arlington

Though Glenn died in December at age 95, the family scheduled the service for what would have been John and Annie Glenn’s 74th wedding anniversary. (News13)