Introduce Yourself!

A

Amebix

I'm a lot further south than where the show is filmed. The state could be split into two, north and south, considering the differences in local culture. North is a trainwreck, like a certain mile marker on the parkway changes the accents and ability to engage other people in a conversation using their inside voice etc.

Not to say they're not charming up the road or that we're any better, we're more of a suburb of Philadelphia so we have their wonders and such coursing through our veins.

A

Amebix

No, fuck that noise. Any team whose fans rallying cry is spelling out their name is...lost my train of thought but really obnoxious. Being in the city on the night of a game and running into spreads of fans after last call is like the zombie apocalypse if every zombie was also an asshole.

No, fuck that noise. Any team whose fans rallying cry is spelling out their name is...lost my train of thought but really obnoxious. Being in the city on the night of a game and running into spreads of fans after last call is like the zombie apocalypse if every zombie was also an asshole.
I thought he meant the band.

Dave

Staff member
Looking at the links I think it was the same picture 3 times. 2 of them just didn't work.

Either that or I just erased 2 of his pictures by mistake.

I still think Day of the Dead is my favorite of all the Romero movies.

BTW, NEVER EVER EVER watch the remake of Day of the Dead. HOLY SHIT is that bad.

Bub is changed into a zombie who doesn't eat people because he was a vegetarian when he was alive.... I really, really wish I were joking.

I still think Day of the Dead is my favorite of all the Romero movies.

BTW, NEVER EVER EVER watch the remake of Day of the Dead. HOLY SHIT is that bad.

Bub is changed into a zombie who doesn't eat people because he was a vegetarian when he was alive.... I really, really wish I were joking.
Is the Day of the Dead remake as terrible as Diary or Survival of the Dead? Because they were both rancid.

I'd say worse, simply due to the fact that it is a remake that strays SOOOOO far from the source material. In fact, it's even sillier than either of those two movies.

I can't believe Survival of the Dead was made by Romero. I refuse to believe it. Even after listening to his commentary on it. I refuse to believe it.

Day of the Dead is the best Romero dead movie. Agreed.

I love Day of the Dead because it straight up drops the allegory of "humans are really the monsters" and flat out makes the humans despicable and the zombies just doing what they're supposed to do.

S

SeraRelm

"No ma'am, are you? I just said I'd have you shot if you didn't sit down, and you're still standing."

I am so happy to find others who agree Day> Dawn. Most people disagree with me on that.

I didn't think Diary of the Dead was quite that bad. It wasn't as good as the original trilogy, obviously, but it was hella better than Land of the Dead. I haven't seen Survival.
And sure it was a lazy allegory and terribly passive-agressive, but so was Dawn. Romero is not one for subtlety.

And I didn't think the new Day of the Dead was really even a remake. From what I saw in the trailer, the only thing they took was the name. It didn't even take place in a bunker.

Day Original and Day Remake do not have a single thing in common except for the name.

Also, yes, Diary > Land > Survival for sure.

Especially in an already established universe where shit like that doesn't happen. Romero was part of this film from the ground up. Don't know what the hell happened to his genius but it's gone.

I totally forgot about that in Survival. I do have to say that while it was far from being a great movie, Diary wasn't that bad. I was able to enjoy it to an extent.

Also, part of the Day of the Dead remake does take place in a bunker and it involves a super zombie who can basically move at super-speed.

I also didn't think that Land of the Dead was horrible, it just doesn't come close to capturing the magic the original movies had. It was just to "Mad Max-ish".

So, basically, I agree with Shego's order of quality of the newer Romero movies.

S

SeraRelm

Not even the best(worst) part.
Gunmen vs live targets! Can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Gunmen vs zombies! Elite military crack-shots.