[Question] International Travel

Well, not in moderation...

--Patrick
...How do you "not drink" in moderation? Is that the same as drinking in moderation? Is it only drinking on the weekends? Is it...?

(FTR: my comment was based on the "hilarious" misinderstanding of "drinking" in the other sense - not drinking anything at all is quite unsafe and deadly for humans after just a few weeks, or days if you don't eat either. For a koala, though, it's normal, since they never drink at all, getting all necessary moisture out of their food. I know it wasn't particularly funny, but still)

(FTR: my comment was based on the "hilarious" misinderstanding of "drinking" in the other sense - not drinking anything at all is quite unsafe and deadly for humans after just a few weeks, or days if you don't eat either. For a koala, though, it's normal, since they never drink at all, getting all necessary moisture out of their food. I know it wasn't particularly funny, but still)
Aww, you ruined my joke reaction to your joke by explaining it all.

--Patrick

And I mean...I'll probably try one on at the very least - so you'll see pictures of me in one.

(....There may or may not be a discussion of buying maid outfits while we're there as well.)

doomdragon6

Staff member
We need @doomdragon6 to chime in here. Wasn't he over there for a bit with his girlfriend? Not to dredge that up.
It's all good. So I don't think I can help with anything that people haven't already said, but yeah, I hope you have a blast! Japan's a lot of fun. Best I can say is don't stress it. Sometimes you have to walk a long way, sometimes you get on the train going the wrong way, sometimes you have no idea how to convey what you want, and sometimes you're rude as hell without realizing. As long as you can take all this in stride, keep smiling, and don't stress about it, you'll have a lot of fun.

Eat some convenience store curry for me. So good.

I've long wanted to Gaijin Smash, ever since I started reading that blog back in the day, when it was called "I am a Japanese Schoolteacher."
I can just picture you walking under a turnstile, flustered security guard in tow, while going "yub yub." Chibi Gaijin Smash?

When I'm going to China from home I try to take a flight that leaves in the middle of the night. I find I can sleep most of the plane ride and when I wake up it's morning in my destination anyways. It helps a little with the Jet Lag. I travel from the west coast though so it might not work as well from other places.