Intermittent timeouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
Since the switch to new hosting, I've been experiencing intermittent periods of a few minutes where halforums doesn't respond. I'm fairly certain it's not me, as other connections seem fine.

Dave

Staff member
Well. Hmm. Well.

Time to open a ticket to the host and see what he has to say. Can you tell me what kind of error you see? Does it say, "Waiting for..." in the bottom left corner? I'll look at the error logs and see if I can see anything.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, just standard firefox "no response" errors. It's happened maybe a half dozen times that I've noticed since the switch, and it always seems to clear itself up within 5 mins or so.

Dave

Staff member
Nothing in the server logs, so it's not Xenforo. Last time this happened to me it was on the old site and was because of a bad Google ad. I'll still open a ticket, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1363386110][/DOUBLEPOST]Just happened to me as well.

Dave

Staff member
I'm getting an interesting hang message that I'm tracing back to the WoWHead java for WoW items.

Dave

Staff member
xf_search_index shows as crashed. Again. This happened before. You try and post and it gives the error but it does post. I'm trying to repair the thing now.[DOUBLEPOST=1366134136][/DOUBLEPOST]And it looks like it repaired fine. Thanks, Chris, for letting me know!

figmentPez

Staff member
You try and post and it gives the error but it does post.
I tried refreshing the thread, and I couldn't see my post. Even renavigating to the thread didn't have it show up. Then, when I returned later, every single attempt to post showed up as a multi-post spam.

Dave

Staff member
I tried refreshing the thread, and I couldn't see my post. Even renavigating to the thread didn't have it show up. Then, when I returned later, every single attempt to post showed up as a multi-post spam.
Yup. Happened to me last time as well. That table is the search index. When it locks up, it prevents the data from hitting the XF search, so doing anything throws up the error. But the error is about the search, not the post. So the post actually hits, but it doesn't look like it. It's a beautiful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.