[Movies] I'm starting an Amazing Spider-Man 2 thread and no one can stop me

Ehhhh... I think he felt a little more suburban than Queens (which, given the fact he spent most of his life in England, I'll give a pass). If you really went authentic "nerdy kid from Queens", he'd probably be Asian or Hispanic, at least for the past 20 years.
There are occasionally white folks in Queens. Not many, I will grant, but a few.

Agreed. I meant that more as pondering what Peter Parker would be like if he were created today as opposed to the 60's. Peter Parker will always be THE Spider-Man to me, but the introduction of Miles Morales is probably a more accurate representation of an average current Queens kid.

Agreed. I meant that more as pondering what Peter Parker would be like if he were created today as opposed to the 60's. Peter Parker will always be THE Spider-Man to me, but the introduction of Miles Morales is probably a more accurate representation of an average current Queens kid.
Oh, 100% agreed. Unfortunately, Avi Arad is not down with that idea. :mad:

Yep, I can agree with that. It's like the various Batman actors over the years have been better at one role or the other. Clooney may have stunk as Batman, but he was arguably the best Bruce Wayne until Bale.
Really? I thought Clooney was dreadful as Wayne, too. I still have a soft spot for Keaton.

I still think Keaton was the best at both as well. Particularly his Bruce Wayne.

My favorite scene in any Batman movie ever made is still the ballroom scene with Selena Kyle in Batman Returns.

Selena: You know mistletoe is deadly if you eat it.

Bruce: But a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it.

Selena: Oh God, does this mean we have to start fighting?

That hits me right in the feels every time.

Keaton sells it for me, because his Bruce Wayne just seems so improbable as Batman. There's something there, underneath, but he keeps it hidden. He doesn't stalk around and brood... he sits quietly, contemplatively. There's even that great scene in Batman 2, when he pulls the cowl off.

Christopher Walken's character: Bruce Wayne?! ... what are you doing dressed up like Batman?

Selena: Because he is Batman you moron.

What I'm hoping is one of Sony's superhero films bombs. And I mean at a Howard the Duck level. In desperation, Sony sells their rights to all their Marvel properties to Disney.

A female superhero is finally getting her own movie?! :eek:

....oh, it's Sony. :(

(Is it too much to hope for "it doesn't break records but it's enjoyable" like Blade and not another Catwoman?)

A female superhero is finally getting her own movie?! :eek:

....oh, it's Sony. :(

(Is it too much to hope for "it doesn't break records but it's enjoyable" like Blade and not another Catwoman?)
Well maybe black cat, so not a female superhero.

Hey, it's okay guys! Sony has some history with a female lead superhero movie!

Why, just look how well they did with Elekt...

Oh, right.

I thought we were getting a Black Widow movie in 2016, so who cares about what Sony's doing?
I haven't heard any confirmation on a Black Widow movie yet, though she's one of the frontrunners rumored for a Marvel female-led movie along with Captain Marvel.

fade

Staff member
I'd like to see a female superhero who isn't in the shadow of a male hero. No Batgirl, Supergirl, Spiderwoman (even if she isn't directly related to Spidey), Batwoman. If only DC had some incredibly iconic property that everyone is practically ready to throw money at...[DOUBLEPOST=1407247382,1407247029][/DOUBLEPOST]SWORD would be a good choice. It would tie together the SHIELD tv show, Avengers, and GotG nicely.

haters gonna hate, Spider-Man movies are going to keep stacking that paper, and the best superhero ever will continue to not grace Whedon's shitty Avengers 6

I'd like to see a female superhero who isn't in the shadow of a male hero. No Batgirl, Supergirl, Spiderwoman (even if she isn't directly related to Spidey), Batwoman. If only DC had some incredibly iconic property that everyone is practically ready to throw money at...[DOUBLEPOST=1407247382,1407247029][/DOUBLEPOST]SWORD would be a good choice. It would tie together the SHIELD tv show, Avengers, and GotG nicely.
Like Wonder Woman then? I think thats who you are thinking of.

Honestly, if Sony can pull it off I don't care who it is, the assholes who run Marvel and DC need to be shown that a woman lead isn't going to shrink their tiny balls and bank accounts.

I think my only issue is that I can't think of a single female costumed/powered character in the Spider-man line that I would be interested in seeing in a movie. Wait, can we count alternate/possible futures? Because a Spider-girl movie featuring "Mayday" Parker would be amazing.

I think my only issue is that I can't think of a single female costumed/powered character in the Spider-man line that I would be interested in seeing in a movie. Wait, can we count alternate/possible futures? Because a Spider-girl movie featuring "Mayday" Parker would be amazing.
Well, they could have potentially created a Black Cat film.

...if they hadn't wasted Felicia Hardy by just throwing her into Amazing Spider-Man 2 as Harry Osborn's assistant, who then disappears from the film after her exposition reveal.

Fourth rate Catwoman who's far more crazy, and most notable for trying to "kill" Peter Parker by destroying his life and attempting to murder Aunt May. Like I said, not interested.

Fourth rate Catwoman who's far more crazy, and most notable for trying to "kill" Peter Parker by destroying his life and attempting to murder Aunt May. Like I said, not interested.
Oh and don't forget she wants to kill him again because SpOck punched her and sent her to jail for, you know, stealing shit again. She knows it's Peter again but her "street cred" is ruined by SM and so she has to ruin his life now. It's fucking stupid and Slott is a hack.

Y'know, I wonder if Sony also owns the rights to Spider-Woman. I think it would be a great fuck you to sony to include her in the Avengers if she's not part of the Spider-man deal, which I'm pretty sure she isn't.

I'd say the weirder part is that they want a female superhero. Not Spider-Woman, not Black Cat, just a female superhero. Makes it feel like they don't really care.

That being said, I do love Spider-Man and should probably check out the new movies.

Y'know, I wonder if Sony also owns the rights to Spider-Woman. I think it would be a great fuck you to sony to include her in the Avengers if she's not part of the Spider-man deal, which I'm pretty sure she isn't.
I don't think they do. I just saw a big list of each of the film companies characters they have the rights to and Spider-Woman is not mentioned under Sony.

At least not Jessica Drew or Julia Carpenter anyway.

They probably have May "Day" Parker though (she wasn't listed either).

I don't think they do. I just saw a big list of each of the film companies characters they have the rights to and Spider-Woman is not mentioned under Sony.

At least not Jessica Drew or Julia Carpenter anyway.

They probably have May "Day" Parker though (she wasn't listed either).
Well, and as it is in the comics, both Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter are far more tied to the Avengers than they ever were to Spider-Man. Hell, Jessica Drew has been a double triple quadruple agent bouncing between SHIELD and Hydra.