[Question] If you were forced to choose your demise, how would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a question that was bandied about the scene of a suicide the other day. One of the corporals asked if we were forced to choose our method of death, how would we go about it? This is you, right now, being forced to pick how you die immediately. No I'd wait until I'm old or whatever, there is an urgency to this death.

Me, I would demand a space suit be built and strapped to a rocket that would take me high enough to enter orbit whereupon the helmet would detach and I would circle the earth until my orbit decayed and my corpse burned up in reentry. I'd want to be space garbage.

This is an oddly morbid topic, but I'm in an oddly morbid mood and sleeping is for jerks.

I have been adamant about this subject for the better part of six years now.

I'm going out as a get-away driver while wearing a sombrero and smoking a thirty-foot cigar.

Fiery car crash preferred. Shot repeatedly in the chest is also acceptable.

C

Chibibar

hmmmm. I have thought many different way (I use to be suicidal)

I would love to sexually exhausted and die via the best sex possible, but I would feel bad dying in front of all those women.

dramatic death - I would love to go out in style. I would probably, given the chance, suit up with all kinds of weapon, and charge in killing my enemies and die with honor.

quiet death - I would say probably via freezing to death. I came close a couple of time and it is kinda peaceful. You just feel numb all over and start to drift. It is painless and you hardly feel it.

Execution by firing squad seems to me to be the most noble way to go. If I am going to die, then why not make the most of the theatrics?

Dave

Staff member
Setting myself on fire in front of Congress to become the first Martyr for the Uprising.

I'm only joking a little. I've seriously thought about doing it and the only thing stopping me has been my family.

B

Biannoshufu

burning to death is a horribly painful way to go.

no thank you. barbiturates, breathing stopper, heart stopper. As I've covered in my blog

Dave

Staff member
burning to death is a horribly painful way to go.
There are things you can do ahead of time that would totally mitigate the pain - or at least that's what I've heard. Of course, if it didn't work it would be a terrible way to find out.

C

Chibibar

I don't know man. I guess maybe drugs could numb it out, but once I was in a hot suit and even that you can feel it.

Utop my throne, built on the world brought to it's knees. Instant decapitation, by my successor, whom I groomed to become everything needed to continue my legacy. As she takes the crown I held for 40years, before my body can begin to give way to age.

Continuing the tale that would be told to children every night to attempt to reign them in, but in a world so lost to Chaos and Fear, they'd only succeed to terrify them into either becoming what I'd have wanted or being used by those whom would have gained from the stories.

There can be no other way.

For some reason I thought of you more as a "use the human race, then cause its extinction" rather than "build a legacy" type of person.

Good thing we've got this thread to sort all that out. Now I know I have a chance of surviving your kingdom.

Oh no my dear Steinman, there would be mass genocide, but only in the beginning. After that would come my entertainment. Not much to be had if everyone were wiped out.

How can one be immortal if not by leaving a legacy behind of terror and destruction? If there's noone left to remember you, then you may has well never existed. However if there ever came to be a way for immortality while retaining youth? Now that'd be a completely different answer.

B

Biannoshufu

It's a damn shame I won't live long enough to see how that turns out.

Saving someone from death such as diving in front of a bullet, pulling someone out of the river, pushing someone out of the way of a car/train, etc. Something noble.

doomdragon6

Staff member
In some sort of epic fiery explosion that is enough to kill me and throw my body, but not enough to burn/destroy it. You know, for the loved'ns.

I once thought my second way to die would be the romantic way, on a sinking cruise ship. But someone said "drowning sucks." So I decided a fiery explosion on a sinking cruise ship.

Utop my throne, built on the world brought to it's knees. Instant decapitation, by my successor, whom I groomed to become everything needed to continue my legacy. As she takes the crown I held for 40years, before my body can begin to give way to age.

Continuing the tale that would be told to children every night to attempt to reign them in, but in a world so lost to Chaos and Fear, they'd only succeed to terrify them into either becoming what I'd have wanted or being used by those whom would have gained from the stories.

What about in your brother's basement, while posting things that'll never happen?

Oh no my dear Steinman, there would be mass genocide, but only in the beginning. After that would come my entertainment. Not much to be had if everyone were wiped out.

How can one be immortal if not by leaving a legacy behind of terror and destruction? If there's noone left to remember you, then you may has well never existed. However if there ever came to be a way for immortality while retaining youth? Now that'd be a completely different answer.

GasBandit

Staff member
Fascinating question. I used to think that mere explosion would be enough (because I wanted to make sure I at least inconvenienced someone with a mess as I shuffled off this mortal coil), but over time I think I found even that to not be enough. If I am to go, I think I would like it to be in pursuit of, or as a direct result of, a successful effort to eradicate the human race. Something like a spontaneously generated quantum singularity within my body, that goes on to devour the earth and all upon it... or by releasing something akin to the Blacklight virus. Or, heck, it doesn't need to be a black hole, even just a fist-sized chunk of neutronium would be enough - drop it from shoulder-height and it will fall through the earth like a rock through soup, come out the other side, and come back - with the rotation of the earth moving it a little in reference to the surface each time, until the earth is literally cut in half, one fist-sized tube at a time. Or Ice 9. I think I could go to my grave happy if I could stand in the surf, and touch my lips with a few grains of Ice 9.

Dead center of a nuclear explosion. Alternately, metal rod fired by the biggest railgun in the world from a mile away. I want something spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.