if you think Paul Ryan won that debate, you're a fucking idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love listening to the GoP:

Obama vs Romney Debate: Obama just stood there with his head down and didn't bother attacking, he lost this debate! He could have at least put up a fight!
Biden vs Ryan Debate: All Biden did was attack Ryan. How rude and inconsiderate. What a condescending jerk! Ryan wins because he was a nice guy.

I don't think an idiot is mentally capable to perform the mental gymnastics needed to convince themselves Biden didn't tear Ryan a new one.. even Faux News went with "Biden was an asshole".

VP candidates putting up their case to people who don't pick them for why they are best for most inconsequential job in Washington, assassination insurance. Yea why would I waste time watching that?

GasBandit

Staff member
VP candidates putting up their case to people who don't pick them for why they are best for most inconsequential job in Washington, assassination insurance. Yea why would I waste time watching that?
It's cute how desperate the sycophants are to fellate their messiah, even by proxy.

Hey now, VP's have a very important job, going to state funerals of second rate world leaders. Bush was probably the best at it...

GasBandit

Staff member
I just got through a week of hearing how the presidential debates don't mean or change anything, and now the vice presidential debate I'm supposed to pay attention to? Sheesh.

Hey now, VP's have a very important job, going to state funerals of second rate world leaders. Bush was probably the best at it...
I miss Dan Quayle jokes. Those were fun.

No, it's saying "I'm right, you're wrong, and I'm not listening to what you have to say" that is killing the country.

Necronic

Staff member
After the first debate I kind of wrote the debates off since I was blown away to the point of being disgusted to see how much Romney was able to improve his polling by lying and blatantly changing his platform. I'm watching this one now and I kind of feel bad for Ryan. He didn't have much chance against Biden. Was like walking into a buzzsaw.

I thought the whole thing was entertaining, but a VP debate really wouldn't affect my decision on who to vote for. Debates in general don't.

GasBandit

Staff member
No, it's saying "I'm right, you're wrong, and I'm not listening to what you have to say" that is killing the country.
... which is sort of the definition of partisan bickering, isn't it? Just with "... because you're an asshole" added on to your quote.

Zappit

Staff member
Huh, Biden called Ryan on the falsehoods, and that qualifies as an epic shit-kicking? Huh. Okay, Obama, now you know what to do.

GasBandit

Staff member
That, and disowned the wars he also voted for. "Nuh uh! That guy! His fault! That guy right there! I was there! I saw him!" Yeah, you saw him vote same way as you.

GasBandit

Staff member
To be fair, I've often characterized those who identify as "independents" this late in the game without naming another party (IE, Green, Libertarian, etc) as merely trying to avoid the stigma of the term "undecided," which is tantamount to saying "windsock."

To be fair, I've often characterized those who identify as "independents" this late in the game without naming another party (IE, Green, Libertarian, etc) as merely trying to avoid the stigma of the term "undecided," which is tantamount to saying "windsock."
And I think people that identify with their politics by party affiliation are confused that this is a football game.

GasBandit

Staff member
And I think people that identify with their politics by party affiliation are confused that this is a football game.
Much as I don't like it, the fact of the matter is American politics is driven by the party system. While there are certainly lots of people who don't perfectly fit into any party, you still end up having to back one, and over time a pattern evolves. If you're over 25 and still consider yourself unaffiliated with any party, you're either wishy washy, have impossible compatibility standards, or are fooling yourself.

Much as I don't like it, the fact of the matter is American politics is driven by the party system. While there are certainly lots of people who don't perfectly fit into any party, you still end up having to back one, and over time a pattern evolves. If you're over 25 and still consider yourself unaffiliated with any party, you're either wishy washy, have impossible compatibility standards, or are fooling yourself.
I am willing to be won over by either party, which is the only way to partake in the party system. The instant I identify with a party, then I award my vote without any consideration of the candidates or their ideas. The democrats typically get my vote, but I agree with Republicans (and Libertarians) on many issues too. I can know my voting history but without throwing my lot in wholesale. Any voter should be willing to vote across party lines.

I would have called myself a blind democrat in 2008. I voted for Obama with minimal knowledge of the system.

Since then I've really expanded my political spectrum. I listen/watch information from all sides. I would very much be willing to vote for a fantastic third party if they had any strength in the system, which sadly they don't. So what I'm left with is judging the two candidates that there are to choose from and seeing which one's policies affect me the most. If Romney had come out and been -for- instead of -against- most of the things that affect my life, I'd have honestly been leaning his way. Sadly he's actually against the things in my life and my family's life so he's just not my choice on those reasons. I'm glad to say it's not because -I AM A DEMOCRAT!! RARGABABLALA!- but because I've been informed, in detail by both sides in multiple different wants on the finer details of the candidates.

"Third parties have no influence on the system so I have to vote Republican or Democrat" - independents, lol

You could you know, don't vote! I'm not saying stay at home November 2nd. I'm saying show up, and not check any name. You throw away your vote when you select a R or D you're not a fan of for any reason, party affiliation or no party affiliation.

"Third parties have no influence on the system so I have to vote Republican or Democrat" - independents, lol

You could you know, don't vote! I'm not saying stay at home November 2nd. I'm saying show up, and not check any name. You throw away your vote when you select a R or D you're not a fan of for any reason, party affiliation or no party affiliation.
I don't know if you have this in the USA, but in Canada you can officially "decline" your ballot. You go up to the booth, get your ticket that you're supposed to mark which one you want, and then return it to them un-marked and tell them that you wish to officially decline it, and it is recorded that way. That is different than "spoiled" ballots which some do to express a similar sentiment, but this way you are really saying "nothing there is worth voting for" and/or "I think this system is invalid/corrupt/etc" without looking possibly like an idiot, because most of the "spoiled" ballots is of people just not following instructions, not an actual "protest" vote. It's never added up to anything significant, but it is officially recorded, rather than just not showing up, which could mean anything.

I've said before that if you don't vote, don't complain, but I would accept somebody complaining if they said they officially declined their ballot, rather than saying "oh I just didn't vote." If they go through the effort to decline it, I know they're not just being a lazy ass.

Nobody said that. I specifically mentioned a third party that I sometimes agree with. This is about throwing your hat in completely with a party versus 1.) voting for multiple parties come election day and 2.) choosing a candidate that I do like, no matter the party affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.