If you have an Android phone and don't have Cerberus yet check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
It was a money thing now it's a "I don't want to be able to be reached by everyone 24/7" thing.

So, what is Cerberus?
It is a powerful security for Android that allows you to setup all kind of different measures to protect your phone including logging in from their website and remotely wiping your data or even using your GPS function to track your device down.

GasBandit

Staff member
I already have Lookout, and I don't like the idea of installing an app to get me other apps for free.... feels too grayware-ish.

You can always uninstall the AppGratis as soon you download Cerberus for free.
And you can keep the apps you get through AppGratis? I had the Amazon app store on a previous phone and if I uninstalled the Amazon app, I lost all the free apps I got through them.

And you can keep the apps you get through AppGratis? I had the Amazon app store on a previous phone and if I uninstalled the Amazon app, I lost all the free apps I got through them.
When you "buy" the app from AppGratis it takes you to the Play store to download it. But just to make sure I just uninstalled AppGratis and Cerberus is still working just fine.

I just looked up Cerberus on the app store and it's free?

What you are downloading is a two week free trial membership (after that you have to pay) that every new member gets but with the AppGratis it makes it a permanent subscription without you having to pay.

GasBandit

Staff member
Makes me wish I had a phone.
Well, do you or don't you want one? Your next remark confuses me.

It was a money thing now it's a "I don't want to be able to be reached by everyone 24/7" thing.
Heh, if you want, I have my old T-Mobile sidekick still in working condition that I could send you. Not a lot of "apps" for it but it does natively support yahoo instant messenger (but not Gtalk, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Skype or for that matter, Cerberus)

What you are downloading is a two week free trial membership (after that you have to pay) that every new member gets but with the AppGratis it makes it a permanent subscription without you having to pay.
I went through the appgratis website, clicked the download button it took me to the play store I installed it from there and signed up then it sent me an e-mail saying it was subscribed for life through appgratis. I didn't have to download their app

Status
Not open for further replies.