I love this song and I am not ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this song and I'm not ashamed!

Especially 2:25 into it when the fucking song actually begins.

I used to love All Star until it was played everywhere AND appeared in half of the movies around that time. Mystery Men, Shrek, and Rat Race to name a few.

Also, if it's wrong to unironically love this song, then I don't wanna know what's right:

Yeah I like it too, the song of a freakin' era!

And people like "The Touch" ironically? Who are these people so I may punish them?

I had no idea there was so much support for All Star. I'm often criticised for my love of it. I'm pleased to know this is a safe space.

GasBandit

Staff member
So many near misses in this thread - you like All Star, I like Then the Morning Comes. You like Dr. Jones, I like Barbie Girl. You like Born This Way, I got hooked on Bad Romance for a couple months. You like Sweet Dreams, I liked Be My Lover. You like Best Friend, I liked Tarzan and Jane.

These were the songs played at cosmic bowling, after midnight when the lights went down, the blacklights went up, and 90's dance music went on the PA system. Ahh, a simpler time.

But I'll throw a new one out there, too.

I love this song and I am not ashamed!

If you are in the car with me and this comes on the radio, you will be subjected to me belting it out full force.

I had no idea there was so much support for All Star. I'm often criticised for my love of it. I'm pleased to know this is a safe space.
All Star was the first pop song I can remember being popular. It will always have a special place in my heart. I don't think I have ever not been in the mood for some all star.

Incidentally, I'm loving the nostalgia from this thread. I don't think I had heard or thought of Dr. Jones since the 90s, and until now I didn't know that was its name.

All Star was the first pop song I can remember being popular. It will always have a special place in my heart. I don't think I have ever not been in the mood for some all star.

Incidentally, I'm loving the nostalgia from this thread. I don't think I had heard or thought of Dr. Jones since the 90s, and until now I didn't know that was its name.
Fun Fact: All Star was the very first song I downloaded on Napster, in the computer lab of my highschool. Which is where my friends and I would go to avoid pep rallies and play Jedi Outcast deathmatch.

Memories...

Though that is an awesome song, so no real shame there.

As opposed to this...

I love Smashmouth, I don't see how anyone would be ashamed of loving their music.
I'm not happy about the casual destruction of classic cars, but I have nothing against the music.
Also:
I love these songs and I am not ashamed:

--Patrick

I kind of feel like people are missing the point of the thread. It's supposed to be music that you SHOULD be ashamed of, but aren't, not good music :p

I kind of feel like people are missing the point of the thread. It's supposed to be music that you SHOULD be ashamed of, but aren't, not good music :p
Hey, I posted a Europop video!

I also like

and

and

Everyone born after 1993 apparently ;).
Queen is one of the most sucessful, influental, prolific, and talented bands in the history of rock and roll. I don't think many people would dispute that. If they do, I fear for the youth of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.