I keep seeing those "1 rule to a flat belly" ads....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet she's not promoting those exercises is she?

She slams one type of exercise and then promotes roundness. How you can't understand that goes beyond me just because she didn't say something other than "crunches".

Noone's threatened by her Tin, we're just saying she's an idiot spreading idiot ideals.

so, according to you, sheg, if you don't want to do crunches and you're a woman, you're an idiot? If you're happy with a softer, rounder female form, you're an idiot?

Just tryin to figure you out.

M

makare

She was just happy about her tummy one day and decided to write about it. She isn't the exercise anti-Christ.

Come on.

Cajungal

Staff member
That's kinda how I see it... a little personal affirmation she decided to share. And she can still work out, be healthy, and keep her softer body if she does it right.

so, according to you, sheg, if you don't want to do crunches and you're a woman, you're an idiot? If you're happy with a softer, rounder female form, you're an idiot?

Just tryin to figure you out.
If you reach out to women, especially those who more than likely aren't in shape and say "Don't worry about exercise, embrace your roundness, it's sexy and beautiful" I'm going to call them an idiot. Yes.

I'm curious what the number difference is between women dying of over-exercise and those who die of obesity. I'm sure they were embracing their last bag of pork rinds from the couch as their heart gave out with one last self-hug.

Yes Cajun, but again, she didn't promote exercise anywhere in that statement did she?

She isn't the exercise anti-Christ.
Now wait a second. Just because she only expressed a lack of necessity about one exercised doesn't mean she doesn't feel that way about ALL exercises. Wouldn't this be just what an intelligent exercise Anti-Christ would do? "I'm only against this one exercise." If she were all pro exercise, that'd be too obvious. Here, a little in the middle, she falls in with a lot of people. It's the perfect disguise.

This woman is obviously out to destroy all exercise, healthiness, and Chabz. If Shego doesn't feel threatened, she very well should. This woman probably plans to strap everyone into Warcraft chairs for long sessions without movement as girth expands beyond the boundaries of the seat, and soon beyond the boundaries of sanity. The swelling will be of the un-voweled sounds of the Elder Gods breaching our world.

This woman must be stopped.

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I re-read it twice just now. I can't for the life of me make myself extrapolate from not obsessing over ab bulk to denigrating exercise in general.

And I'm someone who didn't like her tone.

C

callistarya

OMG! Looks to me like someone's monthly visitor may have arrived. hmmmm....or could it be that you (shego) are just maybe a little jealous of her or something?

Bottom line is .......... she's saying she loves herself and is happy with her curves.

A lady without curves is a stick in my opinion.

Oh yeah, the fact that what she's doing is stupid is somehow reflected on some hidden agenda on me?

:rofl: I assure you, I'm below the "man's ideal" on the chart in the other thread. So no, but nice try. I'm just sick of seeing thongs coming out of a size 17 and hearing "I'm fucking sexy!".

Oh and btw, a lady who doesn't exercise and just allows her body to shape itself, is a walrus. With curves if you prefer the term.

Cajungal

Staff member
No, she wasn't, but I guess I don't agree at all that it's fair to assume that crunches = all exercise or that a lack of mentioning other forms of exercise = discouraging other exercises. And a lot of women (yes, probably women with no sense) could read this and use it as an excuse to ignore her health. I wouldn't blame this woman for that, though. Most women who would use some random affirmation as an excuse not to exercise don't need an excuse in the first place.

C

callistarya

No not really directed AT YOU. But you seem to be the only one flipping out about it.

Cajungal

Staff member
Yeah, honestly, this is just another one of those things. We're never gonna agree, probably. It's just fun to discuss.

M

makare

Women can want to be healthy and fit without hating themselves. Some women are just rounded and marked and well, not perfect. Taking some time to love your body is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean you are going to stop exercising in fact it might make you want to take better care of the body you love.

And like I said, there are a few different body types that I would not take that kind of advice from, but her's I will. She is far from unhealthy and she is obviously happy with who she is. I admire that.

Look back at that picture of the girl. Does she look unhealthy? If you think she does, I think you may be suffering from some form of projected anorexia.

Again, you're completely missing the point makare.

She reached out to women, with her "statement". In that statement the only things there are a bash (against one type of exercise), no promotion of any type of exercise or heathly living and a pure embrace for being "naturally round".

You can't possibly not see that. Anythingelse is irrelevant.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HER BODY TYPE, ONLY HER MESSAGE

C

callistarya

OMG! Looks to me like someone's monthly visitor may have arrived.
I knew someone would have to come ruin the fun.

Difference between good-natured ribbing and dismissing someone's opinion as caused by hormones shifting. Put simply, there was no need for that.[/QUOTE]

So you read Shego's comments and say that is good-natured ribbing. I don't think calling someone an idiot for their beliefs is good-natured. Get over yourself.

i think you're wrong, Shego.

What I see is a woman saying "My belly isn't magazine perfect. And that's fine. I love it the way it is. And women might be better off if they quit striving to be like magazine pictures"

Seriously, she did nothing to promote any kind of healthy lifestyle, bashed on one type of healthy living and you get that from it?

To callistarya : I'm bashing her beliefs if it's all about being fat/natrual and no control/exercise.

Cajungal

Staff member
It's not a matter of agreeing Cajun, it's a matter of right or wrong.

Being unhealthy is dangerous and has risks.
Being unhealthy is most certainly dangerous. I don't think anyone would disagree with you there. What we don't agree on is the interpretation, and that's where we won't agree.

C

callistarya

What I see is a woman saying "My belly isn't magazine perfect. And that's fine. I love it the way it is. And women might be better off if they quit striving to be like magazine pictures"
Well said, I agree.

M

makare

Again, you're completely missing the point makare.

She reached out to women, with her "statement". In that statement the only things there are a bash (against one type of exercise), no promotion of any type of exercise or heathly living and a pure embrace for being "naturally round".

You can't possibly not see that. Anythingelse is irrelevant.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HER BODY TYPE, ONLY HER MESSAGE
Her only message is: round tummies are ok and I am happy with mine.

That is it. That is what I see because that is what the message is.

OMG! Looks to me like someone's monthly visitor may have arrived.
I knew someone would have to come ruin the fun.

Difference between good-natured ribbing and dismissing someone's opinion as caused by hormones shifting. Put simply, there was no need for that.[/QUOTE]

So you read Shego's comments and say that is good-natured ribbing. I don't think calling someone an idiot for their beliefs is good-natured. Get over yourself.[/QUOTE]

No, I read our comments as being good-natured. Shego didn't call us an idiot; she called the woman who's never going to read any of this an idiot, whereas you pointed at her and said "Oh, she's just having her period, she doesn't mean it. Heh, you know, them women, am I right?"

C

callistarya

Well said, I agree.[/QUOTE]

It's bad form to agree with me if we're from the same IP address...it's like sock-puppetry ;)[/QUOTE]

btw....could you take your dirty socks off the headboard pleeeeeeeeease!????

Well if you all are fine with letting your bodies take the shape of the couch you eat bon-bons from till you die of cholestrol induced cardiac arrest. Hey, that's your choice. It's still idiotic.

M

makare

Well if you all are fine with letting your bodies take the shape of the couch you eat bon-bons from till you die of cholestrol induced cardiac arrest. Hey, that's your choice. It's still idiotic.
Thus concludes tonight's Hyperbolic Overreaction Theater please join us next week same pissed off time, same pissed off channel.

That would be idiotic, if that were even close to what this lady is promoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.