Export thread

I keep seeing those "1 rule to a flat belly" ads....

GeneralOrder24

...You know the ones, with the little cartoon blonde chick laying down, that shrinks in size after a few seconds. I keep seeing them and thinking, "man she looks way cuter with the chubby thighs."

General Specific

General Specific

I keep seeing ads for "getting ripped." I saw this one just now and did a double take:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's a Leifield creation brought to life!

Cajungal

Cajungal

...You know the ones, with the little cartoon blonde chick laying down, that shrinks in size after a few seconds. I keep seeing them and thinking, "man she looks way cuter with the chubby thighs."
:hug:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Well... it's true. Wife's terrified that I'll get disgusted when she puts on weight - frankly, I won't care, either way. Personality is everything.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I carry LOTS of personality in my thighs and butt. I'm ok with that. Makes for a more fun pre-shower mirror dance.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I carry LOTS of personality in my thighs and butt. I'm ok with that. Makes for a more fun pre-shower mirror dance.
Hot.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

This stupid trend of "skinny = beauty" is driving me insane.

I like big butts and I cannot lie! :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

*shake-a shake-a*

Gusto

Gusto

I'm frankly more disturbed by the cartoon lady staring at me with her dead soulless eyes.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

This stupid trend of "skinny = beauty" is driving me insane.
:(

I'm not beautiful

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

*shake-a shake-a*
Shake your booty! :p
-----
Allen, I know you aren't beautiful. It's why I secretly hated you all this time.

phil

phil

I like the ones where there's this chubby dude with tattoos and next to him is "the same guy" only ripped like the bastard child of Goku and Bane and it just all looks so ridiculous especially considering that this was supposed to happen in just 4 weeks.

My favorite one though, was one with this cartoon chick with CRAZY fucking eyes. Like she was starring at you with this weird grin like she just drank 10 redbulls in a row. Creeps me out.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Allen, I know you aren't beautiful. It's why I secretly hated you all this time.
Oh.

Anyone else have anything they'd like to tell me about my appearance?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Guess I'm the only one who finds fit, firm, flat tummies sexy? :devil:

Though a girl who's too skinny (ribs showing when she stretches) gets a "Eat a Sammich Bish!" from me.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

You are not, that's the kind of tummy I like.

Also, it's not the kind I personally have.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

SJ, you like them soft.

GeneralOrder24

I like the ones where there's this chubby dude with tattoos and next to him is "the same guy" only ripped like the bastard child of Goku and Bane and it just all looks so ridiculous especially considering that this was supposed to happen in just 4 weeks.

My favorite one though, was one with this cartoon chick with CRAZY fucking eyes. Like she was starring at you with this weird grin like she just drank 10 redbulls in a row. Creeps me out.
Looks like we've found the one rule to a flat stomach. Of course, there's probably a serious risk of death involved there. Maybe that's why you lose the weight?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

SJ, you like them soft.
Whatever my preferences may be, I basically like them.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

women have this extra organ..you know, the uterus. It adds a little pooch to their tummies. There's a whole freaking extra organ in there ;)
Women who have totally flat stomachs have something wrong with them.

GeneralOrder24

I go both ways. I like women with some extra padding, but I also like ones in shape too. I guess it depends on the woman for the most part.

Alot of these ads, though, seem to have the women more attractive in the before picture.

Chazwozel

Though a girl who's too skinny (ribs showing when she stretches) gets a "Eat a Sammich Bish!" from me.

I find fit and firm sexy; not poochy and chubby. Sorry. Don't worry Shegs, it's good to have standards and not fuck everything that simply has a vagina like most here. ;)

And Tin, that organ rests right in the middle above the pelvic bones; there is absolutely no reason there is a pooch other than adipose cells being enlarged due to lots o' fat storage. The only reason a uterus should cause the front to swell is when there's a baby on board, otherwise it's about the size of a small orange.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

women have this extra organ..you know, the uterus. It adds a little pooch to their tummies. There's a whole freaking extra organ in there ;)
You'd be the last one I'd have figured to have that criticism.

Chaz: :uhhuh:-:thumbsup:

Chazwozel

I go both ways. I like women with some extra padding, but I also like ones in shape too. I guess it depends on the woman for the most part.

Alot of these ads, though, seem to have the women more attractive in the before picture.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much anything that will touch your penis, right?

Bowielee

Bowielee

The only thing I think when seeing that banner ad is "This product must really suck to have the creator's 5 year old niece draw the picture for them."

Chazwozel

You'd be the last one I'd have figured to have that criticism.

Chaz: :uhhuh:-:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Oh I could go on about how overweight women are more likely to have pregnancy complications over very fit women too... You're all mammals. It's ALWAYS better to be fit and firm. Always.

GeneralOrder24

Alot of these ads, though, seem to have the women more attractive in the before picture.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much anything that will touch your penis, right?[/QUOTE]

Haha, not quite, I simply have an affinity for cuddly women.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Haha, not quite, I simply have an affinity for cuddly women.[/QUOTE]

Chaz has an affinity for women shaped like young boys.

He and Icarus hang out. They're like bros.

Chazwozel

He and Icarus hang out. They're like bros.[/QUOTE]

No I have an affinity for women shaped like women, not walruses.

View attachment 190

8>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 16

Attachments

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:laugh:

Chaz is on a roll tonight.

Oh, and he's right.

GeneralOrder24

He and Icarus hang out. They're like bros.[/QUOTE]

No I have an affinity for women shaped like women, not walruses.[/QUOTE]

There's a big difference between a woman who has some meat on her bones and a woman shaped like a walrus.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The "before" picture of alot of weightloss sites that some people here are "backing" are pretty walrus-like.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah, that size16 girl is such a fat pig:rolleyes:

GeneralOrder24

Easily the most attractive of the three, with the size 12 being the least.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I like all three! :uhhuh:

GeneralOrder24

I like all three! :uhhuh:
I never said I didn't ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm frankly more disturbed by the cartoon lady staring at me with her dead soulless eyes.
:rofl: I don't know how I missed this before.

Twitch

I can't get the damned ad to appear now.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh: Yeah, I refreshed a couple times, and it won't even come up. Now it's all about laser hair removal.

makare

I haven't seen that particular commercial but the chick in the I think it is Nutrisystem ad is scary! Before she lost the weight she was fat, I don't really have an opinion on whether she was good looking at that point or not. BUT now she looks like one of those skeletal models from biology class that shows the muscle systems. That is not attractive. I don't even think that is fit. It is like she went all the way from fat to freakish skipping any kind of healthy fit on the way. Also, she is way too tanned. Every time I see that commercial it gives me the creeping horrors. Gah.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Though a girl who's too skinny (ribs showing when she stretches) gets a \"Eat a Sammich Bish!\" from me.

I find fit and firm sexy; not poochy and chubby. Sorry. Don't worry Shegs, it's good to have standards and not fuck everything that simply has a vagina like most here. ;)

And Tin, that organ rests right in the middle above the pelvic bones; there is absolutely no reason there is a pooch other than adipose cells being enlarged due to lots o' fat storage. The only reason a uterus should cause the front to swell is when there's a baby on board, otherwise it's about the size of a small orange.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gyncancerdoctor.com/womenscancer/images/stories/clinical/FemaleAnatoon.gif

Right about where I knew it was...

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Fake tans look ridiculous. I don't know why people have them in their "after" pictures.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

for clarification:

This woman is hot. And she has that subtle woman's bump in her tummy. I wasn't talking about fat women.

This woman, on the other hand, looks freakish to me.

Attachments

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

That woman on top looks like she's a distant cousin of an Oompa-loompa. The one on the bottom looks like a sculpture.

GeneralOrder24

I haven't seen that particular commercial but the chick in the I think it is Nutrisystem ad is scary! Before she lost the weight she was fat, I don't really have an opinion on whether she was good looking at that point or not. BUT now she looks like one of those skeletal models from biology class that shows the muscle systems. That is not attractive. I don't even think that is fit. It is like she went all the way from fat to freakish skipping any kind of healthy fit on the way. Also, she is way too tanned. Every time I see that commercial it gives me the creeping horrors. Gah.
Either extreme is disgusting.

Chazwozel

for clarification:

This woman is hot. And she has that subtle woman's bump in her tummy. I wasn't talking about fat women.

This woman, on the other hand, looks freakish to me.
Um, the reason she has a 'slope' in the first picture is because of her developed stomach muscles and no body fat. The second picture girl is just skinny, not buff. A woman's uterus does not cause a bulge any more than your heart, stomach, or liver does unless she's a) pregnant or b) has some thing wrong with her like a tumor.

The bulge area you're talking about is caused by abdominal muscles. In the case of more overweight women, the 'pooch' is caused by fat cells.

Here's a man's abs: View attachment 193

They bulge out too.

Attachments

GeneralOrder24

While you're probably right, Chaz, I'd just like to point out that those man abs seem fairly flat at the belly button, and do not seem to bulge out like the woman's do. Actually, in that pic, it almost looks like she had a 36 pack of hot dogs implanted just under her skin, while the man abs seem to curve outward as they go up past the belly button.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

For those curious, those are Chabz.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Perfect little abs like that on men really freak me out... no offense intended to any sculpted folk. :\

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You should intend some offense for a change, CG. I'm sure it's been intended on the other side...

I'm all prepared to just work out, Hulk out, get all toned like those disgusting old pictures of Ahnold, but the lady likes me toned, not buff. Otherwise I'd have Chabz too.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I am but a humble walrus. I know nothing of being offensive. :p

No, but really, I expect this to happen every time there's a conversation about who's attracted to what body type. People talk in extremes or at least assume that others are. I don't feel a lot of hostility in here, just a lot of very definite opinions about what kind of person we'd all take to bed.

Me, it honestly depends on how much I like a person. A really handsome and fit gets uglier by the minute if I find out he's a jerk. Every physical flaw jumps out at me. On the flip side, I've gotten to know and love men that I thought were a bit homely, and suddenly I notice how pretty their eyes or smile are, how well they carry themselves, or something like that. I cannot remove sex OR attraction from my emotions. That's just me.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I wasn't talking in extremes.

What I am talking about are those "walruses" that refuse to do a damn thing to watch their weight. There are all kinds of medical reasons why some girls can't be a size 0, I know this, I have hypo-thyroid. Those who have "fast food pooches" because they refuse to watch what they eat, never work out and think "I'm sexy, take me the way I am cause I'm beautiful", you're not.

Note that I said "flat, firm tummy" not "deathly supermodel skinny". I've seen plenty of "robust girls" with a flat stomach.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Didn't think you were. :)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

While you're probably right, Chaz, I'd just like to point out that those man abs seem fairly flat at the belly button, and do not seem to bulge out like the woman's do.
I knew I couldn't be the only one who sees it ;)

@Li3n

@Li3n

Easily the most attractive of the three, with the size 12 being the least.[/QUOTE]

The 12 seems not to have any curves... that's always a big minus at any size.

bhamv3

bhamv3

All three are out of my league... :(

Kitty Sinatra

awww. Poor bhmav3 :(

. . . maybe if you build up your abs?

bhamv3

bhamv3

I have magnificent abs. They're just very well hidden under a thick layer of blubber.

Dusty668

I had my abs removed for tax reasons.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I have magnificent abs. They're just very well hidden under a thick layer of blubber.
That's not the only magnificent thing I have hidden under a layer of blubber!

bhamv3

bhamv3

That's not the only magnificent thing I have hidden under a layer of blubber![/QUOTE]

Nod, that pillow is tres magnifique!

@Li3n

@Li3n

While we're on the subject: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8439495.stm

Dating and social network site BeautifulPeople.com has axed some 5,000 members following complaints that they had gained weight.
The members were singled out after posting pictures of themselves that reportedly showed they had put on pounds over the holiday period.
The site allows entry to new members only if existing members vote them as sufficiently attractive to warrant it.
The US, the UK, and Canada topped the list of excluded members.
The site has always been unrepentant about its selection process, calling itself "the largest network of attractive people in the world".
The move was reportedly prompted by members themselves, who police the membership of the site to maintain a high - if highly subjective - standard of attractiveness.
"As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld," said site founder Robert Hintze.
"Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."

How much bloody weight could they have gained.

Iaculus

Did somebody order... A WALRUS?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Man, everyone has different tastes, everyone has different shit that turns them on, there's no reason to get high and mighty. The people that like skinny girls haven't been brainwashed by the media/society and the people that like curvy girls aren't all desperate slobs that would fuck anything that moves.

fade

fade

For once, we agree. I like thin girls. And, no, it's not because I've allowed the media to warp my fragile little mind. I just like thin girls. I even like skinny girls. A round booty is nice, but you can be skinny and have a full butt.

SeraRelm

For once, we agree. I like thin girls. And, no, it's not because I've allowed the media to warp my fragile little mind. I just like thin girls. I even like skinny girls. A round booty is nice, but you can be skinny and have a full butt.[/QUOTE]
*Looks down, looks behind herself* Yes, yes you can.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Man, everyone has different tastes, everyone has different shit that turns them on, there's no reason to get high and mighty. The people that like skinny girls haven't been brainwashed by the media/society and the people that like curvy girls aren't all desperate slobs that would fuck anything that moves.
LOOK I JUST WANT A SHORT BLONDE AIGHT THATS ALL MAN

Dave

Dave

LOOK I JUST WANT A SHORT BLONDE AIGHT THATS ALL MAN[/QUOTE]

With great boobs, really nice eyes and a new tattoo?

SeraRelm

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Jay

Jay

Add me to the "I like a little junk in the trunk" department. Mind you, that there's a fine line that shouldn't be crossed though.

And those who cross it know what Victoria's Secret is... which is that nobody older than 30 can fit into their stuff.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Ha.

Been there, done that.

KABOOSH

Baerdog

Baerdog

You tried to fit yourself into Victoria's Secret?

Hey man, whatever makes you feel pretty. :tongue:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Where the white women at?

HowDroll

HowDroll

Ha.

Been there, done that.

KABOOSH
Oh, Juski. You will never get the internet recognition you so desperately crave.

Dream Goddess

Dream Goddess

Though a girl who's too skinny (ribs showing when she stretches) gets a \\\"Eat a Sammich Bish!\\\" from me.

And Tin, that organ rests right in the middle above the pelvic bones; there is absolutely no reason there is a pooch other than adipose cells being enlarged due to lots o' fat storage. The only reason a uterus should cause the front to swell is when there's a baby on board, otherwise it's about the size of a small orange.[/QUOTE]

Right about where I knew it was...[/QUOTE]

It's ok, Tin, Chaz doesn't have much experience with women so he naturally wouldn't know about their nether-region anatomy. :3

I completely agree! Well said!

Chazwozel

Though a girl who's too skinny (ribs showing when she stretches) gets a \\\"Eat a Sammich Bish!\\\" from me.

It's ok, Tin, Chaz doesn't have much experience with women so he naturally wouldn't know about their nether-region anatomy. :3

I completely agree! Well said![/QUOTE]

Wow, have you been stalking me and taking notes since High School? Not only do I have the experience, I have the offspring to prove it! Experienced AND fertile, ladies. GRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLL

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I completely agree! Well said![/QUOTE]

Wow, have you been stalking me and taking notes since High School? Not only do I have the experience, I have the offspring to prove it! Experienced AND fertile, ladies. GRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLL[/QUOTE]

Clearly the uterus is hidden beneath a woman's Chabz.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leah8691/1657654436/

I love this woman
The medias portrayal of the ideal woman's stomach is so far from reality its laughable (as are many media portrayals of women). I personally dont find a perfectly flat stomach on a woman realistic. You'll never find me in the gym doing endless crunches to obtain a perfectly taught sixpack. Don't need it. Don't want it. Not gonna use my precious time in pursuit of it. Please don't take that as a slam against women who do obtain such....its their choice. Its just not for me.

I love the slightly rounded form of the female stomach. I think its feminine, beautiful and sexy. I have a slight bulge. At one time in my life I got very skinny and lost it. I felt like a part of me was missing.

I have stretch marks from pregnancy (and weight fluctuations). I used to hate them and think they were ugly. Now I love them (if you don't, no biggie). To me they are signs of the incredible thing my body is capable of....creating life. One very insightful woman I once knew called them \\"badges of honor\\" that all mothers have. I like that description :)

So love your round, soft, marked tummies ladies. They're beautiful :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah, No.

I'm not calling her fat, I'm saying her way of thinking is not for everyone, and she seems to think it is.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Hmm, I like it though.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Like what? The body? Sure. The attitude that a woman doesn't need to take care of herself cause a "womanly shape" should be enough?

Yeah no.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Those are some pitiful Chabz. She's got, like, a one-pack.

makare

Like what? The body? Sure. The attitude that a woman doesn't need to take care of herself cause a "womanly shape" should be enough?

Yeah no.
I don't get where you are finding that attitude. All she is saying is that she doesn't need a six pack because she likes her round tummy. I mean if she was seriously muffin-topping or bulging or something I might see your point. But as is, she is not saying anything about not taking care of herself or that women should not take care of themselves.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah no.
I don't get where you are finding that attitude. All she is saying is that she doesn't need a six pack because she likes her round tummy. I mean if she was seriously muffin-topping or bulging or something I might see your point. But as is, she is not saying anything about not taking care of herself or that women should not take care of themselves.[/QUOTE]

Guess we read different articles. The one I read said that she doesn't need to exercise cause a round tummy is fine. (I'm practically quoting)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah no.
I don't get where you are finding that attitude. All she is saying is that she doesn't need a six pack because she likes her round tummy. I mean if she was seriously muffin-topping or bulging or something I might see your point. But as is, she is not saying anything about not taking care of herself or that women should not take care of themselves.[/QUOTE]

Because she's a walrus, makare. A jiggly walrus who's not getting any. It's going on a year now she ain't had nothing twixt her nethers that weren't run on batteries.

makare

Yeah no.

Guess we read different articles. The one I read said that she doesn't need to exercise cause a round tummy is fine. (I'm practically quoting)[/QUOTE]

She said she didn't need to do "endless crunches". There are many other exercises besides crunches.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

She also said it was a "waste of her precious time". Cause we all know 45mins a day 4x a week is her entire life.

makare

She also said it was a "waste of her precious time". Cause we all know 45mins a day 4x a week is her entire life.
45 minutes of crunches is DEFINITELY a waste of time.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Please don't take that as a slam against women who do obtain such....its their choice. Its just not for me.
^Well, there is that line and the "if you don't agree, no biggie" part. I think part of what she's saying is that having a soft belly doesn't necessarily mean you're in bad shape, just that you don't do a lot of toning in that area--that it's fine for a woman to tone her tummy, but if you don't, it's beautiful.

I don't care what anyone writes, though.. I'll never *love* my stretch marks. I merely tolerate them.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

45 minutes of crunches is DEFINITELY a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

You know exactly what's implied, but if you'd like to ignore it, that's fine.

Cajun: That's like her saying "If you read a book a week, you're an idiot. That's not a slam on people who wish to enrich their intelligence, that's their choice, it's just not for me. I have better things to do with my time. So be like me and love your stupidty!"

makare

45 minutes of crunches is DEFINITELY a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

You know exactly what's implied, but if you'd like to ignore it, that's fine.

Cajun: That's like her saying "If you read a book a week, you're an idiot. That's not a slam on people who wish to enrich their intelligence, that's their choice, it's just not for me. I have better things to do with my time. So be like me and love your stupidty!"[/QUOTE]

You are the one who honed in on the word crunches and deduced that since she doesn't want to do them she must never exercise EVER in ANY way. So you are the one ignoring not only what is implied but practically stated.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Huh... I don't agree at all. Just because she thinks something is a waste of her time doesn't mean she thinks it's a waste of anyone else's time--to me that's right in there. I don't know... you're a person with some very strong opinions, but I never assume that you think people who don't share them are stupid. This is another one of those situations for me. Ah, well.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Actually I honed in on the fact she knocked on exercising and praised a round body.

Sorry Cajun, this is actually one of the situations where I think someone promoting lazyness and no self-control over a balanced lifestyle is an idiot/stupid.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well, sure, but only one type--core strengthening. Who knows how she feels about cardiovascular exercise, which helps you burn fat but not necessarily sculpt muscles?

fade

fade

I do have to say I can't stand the whole "look how great we are, we can make babies. embrace our godessness" crap. Woopdeedoo. You can do what any female animal can. Not to mention every plant, bacteria, and virus. That doesn't mean you have to eat your placenta and worship your stretch marks. Honestly, though, I also took an immediate dislike to her tone, because her actions seem reactionary more than anything else.

makare

Actually I honed in on the fact she knocked on exercising and praised a round body.
All she said was crunches. She said nothing about exercise. Unless you think crunches are the only form of exercise (in which case you are wrong), then she did not say anything about being against exercise.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I guess Shego missed that part that said "Please don't take that as a slam against women who do obtain such....its their choice. Its just not for me."

Philosopher B.

1 characters.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I do have to say I can't stand the whole "look how great we are, we can make babies. embrace our godessness" crap. Woopdeedoo. You can do what any female animal can. Not to mention every plant, bacteria, and virus. That doesn't mean you have to eat your placenta and worship your stretch marks. Honestly, though, I also took an immediate dislike to her tone, because her actions seem reactionary more than anything else.
Fade hates women, FYI.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I guess Tin missed the part where I explained that's just as insulting.

Just cause she used the word "crunches" doesn't mean shit. She might as well have used any exercise word, she just chose a more popular one.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Yeah, No.

I'm not calling her fat, I'm saying her way of thinking is not for everyone, and she seems to think it is.
Uhm, no.

Leah said:
I hesitate to use the term "real woman". Women that choose to have the "perfect" stomach are real women too. I just think thats not realistic or attainable for alot of us. And I resent when the media or anyone tries to make us feel our stomachs are ugly or repulsive if they are not "perfectly" smooth and flat, and unmarked.
Why do you seem so threatened by this woman?

makare

I guess Tin missed the part where I explained that's just as insulting.

Just cause she used the word "crunches" doesn't mean shit. She might as well have used any exercise word, she just chose a more popular one.
What are you talking about? A crunch is a very specific exercise that targets the abdominal muscles so if someone doesn't want to target those muscles they would not do that specific exercise. Fortunately there is a plethora of other exercises to choose from instead.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I pointed that out too, Tin. This is probably just one of those things--like, every topic here, heheh--we're not going to agree.

I can see Fade's viewpoint as well. When all the goofing around is over, my earnest opinion about my size as it's related to my beauty is this: It is what it is. It doesn't make me special; there are plenty of women who are shaped like me. I'm not under some obligation to praise whatever size group I am. I'll always be myself, no matter how much I might balloon up or shrink down. Softer women vs. more muscular women... they can both be healthy, and that's what matters most.

fade

fade

Hmm, I don't know about that. She used an ab exercise because she was talking about abs, didn't she?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yet she's not promoting those exercises is she?

She slams one type of exercise and then promotes roundness. How you can't understand that goes beyond me just because she didn't say something other than "crunches".

Noone's threatened by her Tin, we're just saying she's an idiot spreading idiot ideals.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

so, according to you, sheg, if you don't want to do crunches and you're a woman, you're an idiot? If you're happy with a softer, rounder female form, you're an idiot?

Just tryin to figure you out.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Lawyers!

makare

She was just happy about her tummy one day and decided to write about it. She isn't the exercise anti-Christ.

Come on.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's kinda how I see it... a little personal affirmation she decided to share. And she can still work out, be healthy, and keep her softer body if she does it right.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

so, according to you, sheg, if you don't want to do crunches and you're a woman, you're an idiot? If you're happy with a softer, rounder female form, you're an idiot?

Just tryin to figure you out.
If you reach out to women, especially those who more than likely aren't in shape and say "Don't worry about exercise, embrace your roundness, it's sexy and beautiful" I'm going to call them an idiot. Yes.

I'm curious what the number difference is between women dying of over-exercise and those who die of obesity. I'm sure they were embracing their last bag of pork rinds from the couch as their heart gave out with one last self-hug.

Yes Cajun, but again, she didn't promote exercise anywhere in that statement did she?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

She isn't the exercise anti-Christ.
Now wait a second. Just because she only expressed a lack of necessity about one exercised doesn't mean she doesn't feel that way about ALL exercises. Wouldn't this be just what an intelligent exercise Anti-Christ would do? "I'm only against this one exercise." If she were all pro exercise, that'd be too obvious. Here, a little in the middle, she falls in with a lot of people. It's the perfect disguise.

This woman is obviously out to destroy all exercise, healthiness, and Chabz. If Shego doesn't feel threatened, she very well should. This woman probably plans to strap everyone into Warcraft chairs for long sessions without movement as girth expands beyond the boundaries of the seat, and soon beyond the boundaries of sanity. The swelling will be of the un-voweled sounds of the Elder Gods breaching our world.

This woman must be stopped.

fade

fade

Yeah, I re-read it twice just now. I can't for the life of me make myself extrapolate from not obsessing over ab bulk to denigrating exercise in general.

And I'm someone who didn't like her tone.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

She was just happy about her tummy one day and decided to write about it. She isn't the exercise anti-Christ.

Come on.
I dunno..shego's kind of rabid on this one. I'm wondering if we didn't uncover some kind of personal issue...

callistarya

OMG! Looks to me like someone's monthly visitor may have arrived. hmmmm....or could it be that you (shego) are just maybe a little jealous of her or something?

Bottom line is .......... she's saying she loves herself and is happy with her curves.

A lady without curves is a stick in my opinion.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oh yeah, the fact that what she's doing is stupid is somehow reflected on some hidden agenda on me?

:rofl: I assure you, I'm below the "man's ideal" on the chart in the other thread. So no, but nice try. I'm just sick of seeing thongs coming out of a size 17 and hearing "I'm fucking sexy!".

Oh and btw, a lady who doesn't exercise and just allows her body to shape itself, is a walrus. With curves if you prefer the term.

Cajungal

Cajungal

No, she wasn't, but I guess I don't agree at all that it's fair to assume that crunches = all exercise or that a lack of mentioning other forms of exercise = discouraging other exercises. And a lot of women (yes, probably women with no sense) could read this and use it as an excuse to ignore her health. I wouldn't blame this woman for that, though. Most women who would use some random affirmation as an excuse not to exercise don't need an excuse in the first place.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

OMG! Looks to me like someone's monthly visitor may have arrived.
I knew someone would have to come ruin the fun.

Difference between good-natured ribbing and dismissing someone's opinion as caused by hormones shifting. Put simply, there was no need for that.

callistarya

No not really directed AT YOU. But you seem to be the only one flipping out about it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, honestly, this is just another one of those things. We're never gonna agree, probably. It's just fun to discuss.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's not a matter of agreeing Cajun, it's a matter of right or wrong.

Being unhealthy is dangerous and has risks.

makare

Women can want to be healthy and fit without hating themselves. Some women are just rounded and marked and well, not perfect. Taking some time to love your body is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean you are going to stop exercising in fact it might make you want to take better care of the body you love.

And like I said, there are a few different body types that I would not take that kind of advice from, but her's I will. She is far from unhealthy and she is obviously happy with who she is. I admire that.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Look back at that picture of the girl. Does she look unhealthy? If you think she does, I think you may be suffering from some form of projected anorexia.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Again, you're completely missing the point makare.

She reached out to women, with her "statement". In that statement the only things there are a bash (against one type of exercise), no promotion of any type of exercise or heathly living and a pure embrace for being "naturally round".

You can't possibly not see that. Anythingelse is irrelevant.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HER BODY TYPE, ONLY HER MESSAGE

callistarya

Difference between good-natured ribbing and dismissing someone's opinion as caused by hormones shifting. Put simply, there was no need for that.[/QUOTE]

So you read Shego's comments and say that is good-natured ribbing. I don't think calling someone an idiot for their beliefs is good-natured. Get over yourself.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

i think you're wrong, Shego.

What I see is a woman saying "My belly isn't magazine perfect. And that's fine. I love it the way it is. And women might be better off if they quit striving to be like magazine pictures"

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Seriously, she did nothing to promote any kind of healthy lifestyle, bashed on one type of healthy living and you get that from it?

To callistarya : I'm bashing her beliefs if it's all about being fat/natrual and no control/exercise.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's not a matter of agreeing Cajun, it's a matter of right or wrong.

Being unhealthy is dangerous and has risks.
Being unhealthy is most certainly dangerous. I don't think anyone would disagree with you there. What we don't agree on is the interpretation, and that's where we won't agree.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

considering that's what she said..yes.

callistarya

What I see is a woman saying "My belly isn't magazine perfect. And that's fine. I love it the way it is. And women might be better off if they quit striving to be like magazine pictures"
Well said, I agree.

makare

Again, you're completely missing the point makare.

She reached out to women, with her "statement". In that statement the only things there are a bash (against one type of exercise), no promotion of any type of exercise or heathly living and a pure embrace for being "naturally round".

You can't possibly not see that. Anythingelse is irrelevant.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HER BODY TYPE, ONLY HER MESSAGE
Her only message is: round tummies are ok and I am happy with mine.

That is it. That is what I see because that is what the message is.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Well said, I agree.[/QUOTE]

It's bad form to agree with me if we're from the same IP address...it's like sock-puppetry ;)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Difference between good-natured ribbing and dismissing someone's opinion as caused by hormones shifting. Put simply, there was no need for that.[/QUOTE]

So you read Shego's comments and say that is good-natured ribbing. I don't think calling someone an idiot for their beliefs is good-natured. Get over yourself.[/QUOTE]

No, I read our comments as being good-natured. Shego didn't call us an idiot; she called the woman who's never going to read any of this an idiot, whereas you pointed at her and said "Oh, she's just having her period, she doesn't mean it. Heh, you know, them women, am I right?"

callistarya

Well said, I agree.[/QUOTE]

It's bad form to agree with me if we're from the same IP address...it's like sock-puppetry ;)[/QUOTE]

btw....could you take your dirty socks off the headboard pleeeeeeeeease!????

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

That'd be "us women" escushion...callistarya's a chick.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Well if you all are fine with letting your bodies take the shape of the couch you eat bon-bons from till you die of cholestrol induced cardiac arrest. Hey, that's your choice. It's still idiotic.

Cajungal

Cajungal

AND PUT THE SEAT DOWN, KARATE BOY!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That'd be "us women" escushion...callistarya's a chick.
Ohhhh... nevermind. Sorry, cal.

makare

Well if you all are fine with letting your bodies take the shape of the couch you eat bon-bons from till you die of cholestrol induced cardiac arrest. Hey, that's your choice. It's still idiotic.
Thus concludes tonight's Hyperbolic Overreaction Theater please join us next week same pissed off time, same pissed off channel.

Bowielee

Bowielee

That would be idiotic, if that were even close to what this lady is promoting.

callistarya

AND PUT THE SEAT DOWN, KARATE BOY!
He's very good about that, I must say. teeheehee

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Truth hurts. What can I say.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Thus concludes tonight's Hyperbolic Overreaction Theater please join us next week same pissed of time, same pissed of channel.[/QUOTE]

You're gonna get me in trouble for laughing too loud while Julie's asleep a wall away.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

:D

Krisken

Krisken

callistarya

Thus concludes tonight's Hyperbolic Overreaction Theater please join us next week same pissed of time, same pissed of channel.[/QUOTE]

You're gonna get me in trouble for laughing too loud while Julie's asleep a wall away.[/QUOTE]

I hadda chuckle too.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah, I'm overreacting to someone saying "live natrually, don't try and better yourself".

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Well, hopefully by now everyone's gotten onto CG's train of thought in which, no matter how carefully or bluntly worded, Shego's not going to differentiate between the woman's little article, the people here expressing that different body types are okay and you can be healthy and not toned, and the Wal-mart aisle-sized thong-wearers dragging a wagon of Twinkies and saying she's fabulous.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

(sigh)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I can differienciate just fine escushion. My problem with her is that she slammed a type of exercise while not promoting anything healthy in return. Which is exactly what leads to the "Twinkie Brigade"

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, if I thought for a moment that this woman was trying to communicate what Shego thinks she is, I'd switch sides in a second. But what the hell, never the two shall meet. What's important is I think we all agree that it's good to be healthy.

More importantly, I hope that we all, in this community at least, have the sense not to take a non-professional blurb about soft bellies vs. firm bellies too seriously. She's not a doctor or a trainer after all, just a chick who doesn't dig abs. And yeah, anyone who would take her message to be medical advice, rather than a personal affirmation, would be acting foolish.

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, I'm overreacting to someone saying "live natrually, don't try and better yourself".
Or, you know, don't have an emotional conniption because you don't have the perfect body being sold to you by magazines.

That's how I read it, anyways. Not that young girls don't have medical problems associated with under eating and over exertion.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It just kinda seems like "What? Someone said ___insert something__?! NOT IN MY TOWN."

The Key of J

Well I think we all learned a very valuable lesson here:

Regardless of what's been said, Shego will still only hear what she wants to and assign a bunch of fictitious and malicious intents to the person that said it.

This is how racism stars.

And rumors...

but the racism is more important.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Supersize vs. Superskinny is a British show about both sides of the spectrum that some people need to give a watch to. The nutritionist fella that hosts the show and helps the people on it (who looks an awful lot like Julian Sands in Warlock) is a fucking genius.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Weighed self (which I do daily in the morning): 36.5kg/80.3lbs
HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?! Are you like hollow on the inside?!

Do you have to anchor yourself to something when the wind blows?!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'm fat, but luckly I'm not a woman! My round belly and stretch marks are perfectly fine as long as I drunkenly punch people in the face while smoking cigars and cussing loudly! Fuck yeah!

Chazwozel

Her stomach is sticking out because there is a layer of fat on top of her developed muscles underneath, not because her uterus is pushing on her abdominal cavity to bulge it out. If she were to tone down to 6% body fat, you wouldn't see that, you'd see only muscles. She's fine. She's not unhealthy nor overweight, but the reason her stomach pooch is there is because of adipose tissue, NOT uterine pressure. If anything a woman's bladder will cause bloating.

Chazwozel

Oh yeah, the fact that what she's doing is stupid is somehow reflected on some hidden agenda on me?

:rofl: I assure you, I'm below the "man's ideal" on the chart in the other thread. So no, but nice try. I'm just sick of seeing thongs coming out of a size 17 and hearing "I'm fucking sexy!".

Oh and btw, a lady who doesn't exercise and just allows her body to shape itself, is a walrus. With curves if you prefer the term.
I... I don't exercise... I AM A WALRUS!!!

*goes off to cry in the corner*

I never read the article btw, I honestly don't care. Personality comes first for me, sure I have a preference when it comes to the female physique, but it's broad and a lot is also said for presentation. If this lady in question is who Shego says she is, then yeah, screw her! lol[/QUOTE]

You're not a walrus, but I bet you're not healthy either.

JCM

I never read the article btw, I honestly don't care. Personality comes first for me, sure I have a preference when it comes to the female physique, but it's broad and a lot is also said for presentation. If this lady in question is who Shego says she is, then yeah, screw her! lol[/QUOTE]

You're not a walrus, but I bet you're not healthy either.[/QUOTE]You're a Gerard Butler

RealBigNuke

I... I don't exercise... I AM A WALRUS!!![/SIZE]

goo goo gachoob? >>

Ah, seriously though, you can still be chubby and cute and healthy. Aerobic exorcise doesn't build much muscle, and a little bit of fat can easily mask what little it does.

Although seriously for the love of god get some simple exorcise into your life, skinny or no, or you're going to die. Not to alarm you or anything.

Gusto

Gusto

Is there some kind of Godwin's Law equivalent for when, in a thread discussing feminine issues, someone claims someone else is on their period?

Hmm...

Dave

Dave

Not at all.

Gusto, are you on your period?

Gusto

Gusto

Clearly.

JCM

The only period in my book-
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20041103h.jpg

BTW, WTF is this I found searching for Mr Period-

Dave

Dave

I think it's funny the last time I was in this thread it was 2 pages. This adds another item to the list of Halforums Hotbutton Issues.

The List:

Women's Health
Guns
Roman Polanski
Naked Wizards
Slang about Genitalia
Steak

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Naked wizards and slang about genitalia? Wow, I missed THOSE?!

JCM

Slang about Genitalia
Steak
Damn.... I travel a bit and I miss this.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Be glad you missed the steak discussion. It turned nasty overnight, with pictures of raw steak that were described as "dog vaginas" or something.

Now, let's all get back to discussing the cranberry days...

@Li3n

@Li3n

Naked wizards and slang about genitalia? Wow, I missed THOSE?!
I put on my robe and wizard hat...

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Also: sitting or standing when you wipe.

JCM

Espy

Espy

I don't know who that kid is but he's HELLA cool.

Jay

Jay

I never read the article btw, I honestly don't care. Personality comes first for me, sure I have a preference when it comes to the female physique, but it's broad and a lot is also said for presentation. If this lady in question is who Shego says she is, then yeah, screw her! lol
With all due respect, I've eaten bigger steaks than you.

Gusto

Gusto

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Isn't their natural body so beautiful? So glad they don't spend hours doing crunches and instead use their precious time on better pursuits.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Crunches will not make those guys less fat. They will have a flat stomach wall with 100lbs. of fat on top. They need diet first, aerobic exercise next, then start on the crunches after their BMI is below average.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:facepalm:

Gusto

Gusto

I loled.

ElJuski

ElJuski

ME TOO, GOOSE!

Gusto

Gusto

SKA DOOSH

Dave

Dave

I would rather have a chubby girl with personality than a skinny girl with attitude.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Note to self: don't send those naked pictures to Shego.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

ME TOO, GOOSE!
SKA DOOSH

?

Droll - You of all people I figured would have understood what I was saying. :sigh:

HowDroll

HowDroll

Dude, Shego, I'm a size 10-12. I hit the gym once in awhile, and I'm on my feet running around all day at work, but by no means am I in good shape. In fact, there are a lot of people out there--possibly yourself included--that would probably call me chubby.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Where, in any part of this entire thread did I ever say I found those sizes unattractive?

That's the problem this entire thread, somewhere, someone thought I said that anyone larger than a size 8 are hideous.

I called on a very specific type of woman I find unattractive and if you're saying your in that category, you're very mistaken.

makare

Where, in any part of this entire thread did I ever say I found those sizes unattractive?

That's the problem this entire thread, somewhere, someone thought I said that anyone larger than a size 8 are hideous.

I called on a very specific type of woman I find unattractive and if you're saying your in that category, you're very mistaken.
She's size 10 and rarely exercises. i think that fits pretty much what you have been bitching about in this entire thread.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You're freakin blind makare, you must be. I can't imagine you're that stupid. You contradict your own words with what you quoted.

makare

You're freakin blind makare, you must be. I can't imagine you're that stupid. You contradict your own words with what you quoted.
Explain what you mean by that because you lost me.... yet again.

Dave

Dave

:pop2:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Ladies, ladies... Do I need to go and get the lock and chains again?

Dave

Dave

No! It's 2 women! We might see clothes ripping!

makare

Not for me. I am not upset. But shego seems to be.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If a woman is willing to take care of herself, she can have a very attractive body at almost any "size number". I've dated all shapes and sizes, I've slept with them, I've caressed them, I've loved their body from head to toe. Because they take care of themselves, it shows in their "form". A "skinny" girl can be "fatish" if she doesn't. I've seen plenty of girls with arms for twigs and muffin tops. Whoever thought I was "obsessed with size number" is sadly mistaken.

My "bitch" here, was to anyone who is whatever "size number" but doesn't take care of themselves in the slightest, yet proclaims to the world that "it's natural, therefore it's beautiful and I don't have to workout or eat right, ever".

A large number of people here put words in my mouth I never said. Then rallyed around those false claims against me as if they had any water to hold.

makare

My "bitch" here, was to anyone who is whatever "size number" but doesn't take care of themselves in the slightest, yet proclaims to the world that "it's natural, therefore it's beautiful and I don't have to workout or eat right, ever".
Your problem is no one has said that in this thread.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

A large number of people here put words in my mouth I never said. Then rallyed around those false claims against me as if they had any water to hold.

I am so tempted... to make an Obama joke, that is.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm with Shego on this one, mostly on the broader issue of "I'm making an excuse to feel better about my laziness regarding issue x."

Dave

Dave

We're not going to see clothes ripping are we?

Gusto

Gusto

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Noone but the article in question, in not so many words

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I am so tempted... to make an Obama joke, that is.[/QUOTE]

do it

makare

We're not going to see clothes ripping are we?
Take it off Dave. Hulk style.

Noone but the article in question, in not so many words[/QUOTE]

Not in any words or even vague implication. Not on this planet anyway.

Gusto

Gusto

And yet I understood Shego's point 2-3 pages ago.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yet you cannot deny, that the article DID bash a type of exercise, offered no promotion of exercise in it's place and promoted a "round/natural figure".

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

it bashed crunches?

citation please. Please be prepared to deconstruct your citation and show it it says that crunches are 'bad'.

makare

Yet you cannot deny, that the article DID bash a type of exercise, offered no promotion of exercise in it's place and promoted a "round/natural figure".[/QUOTE]

She showed distaste for the one type of exercise that would change her tummy from what she wanted and liked. That's it.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm with Shego on this one, mostly on the broader issue of "I'm making an excuse to feel better about my laziness regarding issue x."
Upon rethinking this a bit, I'm more upset with the person making excuses about their laziness somehow getting an article out of it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

it bashed crunches?

citation please. Please be prepared to deconstruct your citation and show it it says that crunches are 'bad'.
You'll never find me in the gym doing endless crunches to obtain a perfectly taught sixpack. Don't need it. Don't want it. Not gonna use my precious time in pursuit of it.
Didn't think that was necessary but there you go.

She showed distaste for the one type of exercise that would change her tummy from what she wanted and liked. That's it.
You have to be purposely blocking out the obvious, I can't find any other explanation.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I read your citation as "I don't want to do crunches."

Please show how your citation "bashes" crunches.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Please show how she says they're good or that they have benefits, or that anywhere in the article she says that exercise is better than letting yourself "be natural"?

I'm very sure you're aware of "indirectly speaking".

Gusto

Gusto

This is getting a little too obtuse for me.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Upon rethinking this a bit, I'm more upset with the person making excuses about their laziness somehow getting an article out of it.[/QUOTE]

Is it an article? I thought it was just a photo with a caption of Flickr.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

This is getting a little too obtuse for me.
They're trying to find ways to defend it and think it has to be "literal" for there to be implications.

makare

it bashed crunches?

You'll never find me in the gym doing endless crunches to obtain a perfectly taught sixpack. Don't need it. Don't want it. Not gonna use my precious time in pursuit of it.
Didn't think that was necessary but there you go.

You have to be purposely blocking out the obvious, I can't find any other explanation.[/QUOTE]

Have you heard of the psychological term of transference? It is where you redirect your emotions to something that does not warrant that emotion. That is the only explanation for what you are doing here because the conclusions you draw are in now way supported by the text. You can condemn me all you want but you have not adequately defended any of your conclusions.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Have you heard of the psychological term of transference? It is where you redirect your emotions to something that does not warrant that emotion. That is the only explanation for what you are doing here because the conclusions you draw are in now way supported by the text
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you're doing. It makes sense.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Please show how she says they're good or that they have benefits, or that anywhere in the article she says that exercise is better than letting yourself "be natural"?

I'm very sure you're aware of "indirectly speaking".
She clearly says that doing crunches will lead to six-pack abs. That is a clear benefit. She then goes on to say that she, personally, is not interested in having them, and doesn't feel she needs them.

Now that I've answered your question, please return to mine: Which words does she use to "bash" crunches?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Which she directly says is a waste of her time. Therefore bad.

HowDroll

HowDroll

makare

Have you heard of the psychological term of transference? It is where you redirect your emotions to something that does not warrant that emotion. That is the only explanation for what you are doing here because the conclusions you draw are in now way supported by the text
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you're doing. It makes sense.
Everything I have said, and pretty much everything everyone else has said, has been supported by the text.

Now you are just being childish.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Which she directly says is a waste of her time.
I've highlighted a little something for you, dear. :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Highlight all you want, it helps my argument.

Everything I have said, and pretty much everything everyone else has said, has been supported by the text.

So since you can't or refuse to comprehend the obvious, you sling insults. Figures.

makare

Highlight all you want, it helps my argument.

So since you can't or refuse to comprehend the obvious, you sling insults. Figures.
Sorry, I have been taught in my life to value evidence and fact. That kind of thinking doesn't lend itself well to broad extrapolations.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Srsly makare, if you're going to sling insults, at least be passive aggressive about it so you have deniability.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I've also learned not to take everything at face value. To think in place of being told what to think.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

:D

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah pretty much Tin. Some people just don't want to listen.

Dave

Dave

Who's arguing what now? I need a scorecard. I'm confused.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Pretty sad when something so simple has to become so complicated.

Gusto

Gusto

I only know my own point completely but I think Shego and I are on the same page.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yes Gusto. Being fat and lazy is bad.

makare

I only know my own point completely but I think Shego and I are on the same page.
Your argument is that people shouldn't justify laziness by saying being fat is natural.

Unless you are also saying that the woman in the picture is saying that being lazy is OK because being fat is natural, then no you are not on the same page.

Gusto

Gusto

I'd say having [negative issue/condition] and being lazy is bad. :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Sorry let me clarify:

Fat according to the Health Board of America not the Victoria Secret/Beautifulpeople.com standard.

Gusto

Gusto

Your argument is that people shouldn't justify laziness by saying being fat is natural.

Unless you are also saying that the woman in the picture is saying that being lazy is OK because being fat is natural, then no you are not on the same page.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure she ISN'T saying that. Granted, I can't highlight text or whatever but reading between the lines a bit, it seems that yeah she's happy with her weight/shape, but it seems to be that she's relented in the face of the time/effort it might take her to change.

Gusto

Gusto

Sorry let me clarify:

Fat according to the Health Board of America not the Victoria Secret/Beautifulpeople.com standard.
Well yeah.

makare

I think justifying laziness by saying "love my curves" or "it's natural" is not just wrong, it is stupid. But that woman in her picture post did not even address the issue because that isn't what it was about. Taking anything more from what she said, beyond her liking her round tummy, is ludicrous

Chippy

Chippy

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Not seeing the obvious, that's ludicrous.

Gusto

Gusto

Fair enough, and yeah, I can't prove anything in her specific case, but IN MY OPINION this seems to be another case of someone making excuses to justify their failing in a field, and being unable to admit it to themselves.

makare

Not seeing the obvious, that's ludicrous.
I was told that if you have to state something is obvious that means it probably isn't.

In this case your obvious= not obvious because it is wrong.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You're not allowed that opinion Gusto, cause it didn't say that in EXACT WORDING. "See above post"

Gusto

Gusto

You're not allowed that opinion Gusto, cause it didn't say that in EXACT WORDING. "See above post"
Then I respectfully rescind. ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Is there some kind of Godwin's Law equivalent for when, in a thread discussing feminine issues, someone claims someone else is on their period?

Hmm...
If there isn't, there should be. Well, we could name it after you since you brought it up.

"This thread has been Gusto'd." Wouldja like that? :p

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Flo's Law, I'd assume.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Should name it after the person who used it, imo.

Gusto

Gusto

Hmm...
If there isn't, there should be. Well, we could name it after you since you brought it up.

"This thread has been Gusto'd." Wouldja like that? :p[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not be associated with discussing menstruation in an internet argument.

And I've already coined an internet law, seldom used though it may be. :)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I guess most of the confusion comes from the implication that a woman with an outstanding figure, who is obviously taking good care of herself, is being treated like a walrus.

Cajungal

Cajungal

YES!

Someone Flo'd the thread.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I guess most of the confusion comes from the implication that a woman with an outstanding figure, who is obviously taking good care of herself, is being treated like a walrus.
Who was treating her that way?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

YES!

I missed it. Who Flo'd it?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Och aye! This thread is goon be LOCH'ED! Git outta here, ye eejits!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Who was treating her that way?[/QUOTE]

You. Any woman with that attitude...

Just taking you off on the same tangents you are to the woman with a blurb under her Flikr photo.

Cajungal

Cajungal

YES!

I missed it. Who Flo'd it?[/QUOTE]

No one.. or at least not for a while now. I think there was one a few pages back. I was just trying it out.

Chippy

Chippy

Och aye! This thread is goon be LOCH'ED! Git outta here, ye eejits!
It's not even that bad...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Sorry but no. I never even implied that I find that body type disgusting, I promoted all body types and didn't slam anything other than being unhealthy.

So nice try. She on the other hand did nothing to promote anything but her view/lifestyle and left out anything that would have implied it being anything but unhealthy.

Gusto

Gusto

I must say how awesome it is that walrus is the new term for fattie.