I don't think PA's Gabe is a Transphobic Bigot.

It's simple, really.

Homosexual relations can't possibly result in progeny, which therefore makes it an unnatural abomination and they should be actively discouraged and persecuted.
Rape, on the other hand...

--Patrick
(Countdown to Charlie in 3...2...1......)

GasBandit

Staff member
It's simple, really.

Homosexual relations can't possibly result in progeny, which therefore makes it an unnatural abomination and they should be actively discouraged and persecuted.
Rape, on the other hand...
... Has precedent in nature?

/bedbugs
/dolphins
/etc

How do you live like this? You have to nitpick and PC analyze everything!
When you are fanatically promoting your cause, then you link your cause to every major news story in the hopes that someone else latches onto it as well.

It's the same reason the WBC gets so much press.

When you are fanatically promoting your cause, then you link your cause to every major news story in the hopes that someone else latches onto it as well.

I simply think it over complicates a relatively simple issue. It's sort of like "that guy" mentioned before, it's a specific sub group of people forcing their definitions down the mainstream's throat.

I'm sorry, this may sound harsh, but the majority of the time for most people their sex at birth reflects their gender. "Boy" will always define males. "Girl" will females. If they didn't, then why do most transsexuals desire gender reassignment surgery? Shouldn't being a girl with male parts suffice under the definition of these tweets?

WBC is probably an example of why groups like the trans community shouldn't be trying to shame public figures and brand them with career destroying labels. Because using those tactics when your minority group is that small is more likely to blow up in your face than it is to cause any real change.

"Identify as" is such a weak sounding phrase. Lacks conviction and commitment. Be decisive! Be forceful! I don't "identify as," I AM!

Dave

Staff member
I'd like to talk to these same people in about 20 years and watch how hard they facepalm about their own youthful stupidity.

There's one tweet in there that doesn't have anything to do with trans-anything, though - it almost seems to have slipped in there by mistake.
"Way to let feminism down - it's a boy again".

I want to critizise that one. I know, it's probably the least idiotic of the bunch, but still. See, I've been hearing that sort of thing a lot lately (in different circumstances), and to me, it seems that's just silly. Saying it should've been a woman (physically :p) isn't feminist. On the contrary - it's quite sexist.
My alma mater just handed out this year's honorary doctorates, and they were all given to women. Now, I don't mind, at all, that they give'm to men, women, transgodknowswhats, for all I care they can givethem to a dog if that dog made a contribution to science.
However, they made a big to-do about it that all five were given to women because they were women.
I can understand women wanting more women than men to get the honors because it's been pretty badly skewed the other way in the past, but naming anyone anything because of their gender is still discrimination. More specifically, 4 of the 5 seemed to me to be perfectly good choices, all h aving done remarkable things in their field of study, one way or another. the fifth, though....Kim Clijsters (retired tennis player) got a doctorate for medical sciences. How? What? Why? Nobody knows, really. Making tennis popular is apparently a reason to get a degree these days.

Here the same: if you care about the gender of the baby, you're being sexist. It's the next third-in-line, period. Male, female, doesn't matter.

And also, all the feminists can comehere - we've got women in spot 2, 3, 5 and 6 of our royal succession ;)

It was a mistake. Clearly. They are paying way too much attention to a vocal minority, and if they decided to ignore them and move forward with their own brand of tasteless and offensive humor they wouldn't be giving these groups such a big spotlight.

I don't see these groups profitably attacking southpark. The don't get the audience and attention there.

But they are making hay out of tycho and gabe's inability to ignore them.

It was a mistake. Clearly. They are paying way too much attention to a vocal minority, and if they decided to ignore them and move forward with their own brand of tasteless and offensive humor they wouldn't be giving these groups such a big spotlight.
I think it's more that they seem to live in their own little world and can't understand why people would not find what they say funny. You can see it in the audience reaction. It's like they're so insulated with yes men they can't fathom the thought that possibly their shit stinks.

I don't see these groups profitably attacking southpark. The don't get the audience and attention there.
South Park is a whole different beast. When they made fun of George Lucas raping Indiana Jones, it was more about pointing out the absurdity of using rape as a description of the film. It's the complete opposite of what PA did.

GasBandit

Staff member
Gabe really needs to run things by his PR guy before he posts them.
It wasn't a post, it was an unscripted moment that his PR guy actually prodded him into. You can see it happen in the link I provided. Khoo is talking about how well the three of them get along, and then makes the mistake of asking Mike (Gabe) if he (Khoo) ever did anything that really ticked him (Mike) off, and Captain Bilateral Lisp spittled his way through the aforementioned grenade-toss.

Added Bonus: Khoo goes on to immediately say "we should have just ignored it and let the whole thing blow over/go away, and that's our policy now."

You know. Except for where you just lit it on fire again onstage.

Necronic

Staff member

But they are making hay out of tycho and gabe's inability to ignore them.

Southpark. Exactly what I was thinking.

Anyone else getting sick of this shit altogether? Both sides. All of it. Self-righteous pricks abound.

I'm just tired of it.

Anyone else getting sick of this shit altogether? Both sides. All of it. Self-righteous pricks abound.

I'm just tired of it.
Hear hear, this may be one of the dumbest internet drama things ever escalated for the silliest of reasons. Both sides are loaded with shit-eating degenerates.

Last edited:
South Park is a whole different beast. When they made fun of George Lucas raping Indiana Jones, it was more about pointing out the absurdity of using rape as a description of the film. It's the complete opposite of what PA did.
The point of bringing up South Park is that they constantly and consistently put out stuff that's ten times more offensive than anything Gabe and Tycho could think up in their wildest dreams. The reason they get away with it and the PA crew can't seem to is that the PA crew feed the PC trolls, often making the situation worse.. Parker and Stone just move on, ignore it, and keep doing what they do.