[Question] How would you like your own online storefront?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, there's a mod coming out soon that will allow anyone (with the right permissions) to open an online storefront on your Xenforo. So if (for example) Bumble wanted to sell artwork, he'd ask to be put into the special group and he could open his own storefront from which he could sell the items. Each item would be up to him to ship, he'd set the prices and he'd be the owner - the money would go directly to him. You put pictures of your products on the page and we go from there. You even have the ability to have an RSS feed let people know when a new product is added or an existing product is changed.

To read more specifics, go here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/microcart.27461/

Note that this will also allow you to do things like coding for sale. So if you write an addon for Xenforo you can set it up to have people pay you for it and download it.

I know we have some artsy people here. Is this something the community would be interested in me getting?

5mainpage.png

On one hand, this looks pretty interesting. On the other hand, I'm a lazyass. I like the idea, but to be honest I probably wouldn't use it. And even if I were heavily motivated, I wonder if something like Etsy or Zazzle wouldn't make more sense?

Then again, the possibility of having Bean-tan shirts for sale makes me giggle. Curse my lack of screenprinting knowledge!

Also, what about the Halforums store? I thought people could set up stuff there already?

Dave

Staff member
I can set up stuff there, but it's only associated with my account. And you can only do the products in the Printfection store. Plus people have to go offsite to do it. This way I could link the Printfection items into the Halforums store, people could browse right here without leaving and then place their orders.

As to Etsy or Zazzle...I know nothing about them or how hard it would be to get them fully integrated with XF.

Dave

Staff member
Sorry, Bumble, gonna have to wait a few days more. From the dev:

Im sorting out the payment gateways now and they are taking longer than i had hopped.
I have google checkout done am working on paypal now then i will be adding in paygate 2co auth.net ccbill to the payment system.

I think as for a time frame i cannot say now as its run over what i wanted and i still have the multi-vender system to sort out within this cart as well.
Im working as quickly as i can as i want this out as soon as i can as well for you all to have a complete shopping system on this great forum system.

Sometimes you can say its going to take x time to get this working but then you find there are things that take longer than you thought and this puts you behind on time.

Im sorry for this but i dont want to release something thats going to have alot of problems once its released and i would prefure to get it right from the start.
Spelling/grammar errors are all his. So it's going to be a bit past the April 1 date.

Dave

Staff member
Finally got an update from the dev. By the way, English is not his primary language...

have almost finished the Moderate products part then just the multi-vender system to sort out.
Im deffently hopping the beta testers will get the script by friday then a week later the release fingers crossed.

Dave

Staff member
I still have to get my PayPal unlocked. Once I do shit will start falling into place finally.

And it's $60, but I'm not asking for donations for it. This is something I have wanted to do for our artists for some time but were unable to. Plus I know there have been some wives who have sold stuff and they could post it here as well. My wife is going to start putting up some craft stuff to sell as well.

Dave - Is there a way for you to CYA so you don't have Jimbob Joe coming to you personally because he didn't like something he bought or there was a problem with the transaction?

Dave

Staff member
Putting in the files now. Will be loading the software in a bit which will slow the whole site down. Then I'll be working on permissions. You guys may not see it at first but it's there.

Eeee! I'm positively giddy!

Dave

Staff member
I'm looking at the storefront information right now. It's loaded and ready to be revealed (if I get the stuff worked out like spelling/grammar errors and the like).

If you want to sell something on the Store, please let me know! I'm going to be opening a PM with all the interested parties to discuss some stuff.

I don't have the time to do it now due to work but later on if people are interested I may be interested in selling some bleach stencil shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.