Export thread

How we view posts.

Dave

Dave

Okay, so there's a mod out there that I've already downloaded (since I paid for it as a bundle) that would change the way we view threads. I've had it a while but never pulled the trigger.

Essentially it makes threads look more like Reddit where you have top level comments then nested under that. The reason I bring this up is our various picture threads like the political picture thread where someone commented that we used to have actual pictures instead of one picture followed by pages of comments. I'm not sure if this addon can be forum-specific but if it can I might set it up for a few.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea, bad idea, or please don't change things, Dave!

Dei

Dei

No no no no no

Dave

Dave

So that's a no then? :rofl:

Bubble181

Bubble181

No no no no no
This. This. Also, this.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

This. This. Also, this.
Seconded, thirded, fourthed and fifthed.

evilmike

evilmike

I vote "no" as well.

Wahad

Wahad

PatrThom

PatrThom

—Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

All of this...

And just in case you don't get it: NO.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Anyone saying Yes in this thread might get lynched harder than if they admitted voting for Trump.

MindDetective

MindDetective

You couldn't have mega-threads with that style and you might even need to make those mega-threads into their own forums. I think things are fine as they are, although I also am "squishy brained" enough (as we urge our kids to be) to try something new.

jwhouk

jwhouk

NO.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Anyone saying Yes in this thread might get lynched harder than if they admitted voting for Trump.
I would rather you vote for trump, because here your vote might matter.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Actually, I wouldn't mind reddit-style nested threads.

(where's the troll face icon when you need it...)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Actually, I wouldn't mind reddit-style nested threads.

(where's the troll face icon when you need it...)
Burn the heretic! Burn!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

:aaah:

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nested comments seems like it would make it much harder to quickly go through new posts.

Dei

Dei

Unless we want to make every post it's own thread, I'm pretty sure we don't want to become reddit.

Dave

Dave

No worries. I lose nothing by not adding it.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Threaded forums (as opposed to flat ones like ours) are much harder for me to participate in--they crank my lurking instincts a ton, and make it really hard to stay up to date on a conversation. If it were a per-thread toggle, I could theoretically see it being useful for like 2-3 threads (the picture ones, like you said) but that doesn't seem worth the maintenance/trouble.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Change frightens me. I still have a piece of the linoleum from my parents' kitchen, snagged when they were renovating it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Change frightens me. I still have a piece of the linoleum from my parents' kitchen, snagged when they were renovating it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm late to the party but

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

No thank you.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hey ho it's no!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Okay, so there's a mod out there that I've already downloaded (since I paid for it as a bundle) that would change the way we view threads. I've had it a while but never pulled the trigger.

Essentially it makes threads look more like Reddit where you have top level comments then nested under that. The reason I bring this up is our various picture threads like the political picture thread where someone commented that we used to have actual pictures instead of one picture followed by pages of comments. I'm not sure if this addon can be forum-specific but if it can I might set it up for a few.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea, bad idea, or please don't change things, Dave!
gJ5YNQZ3zK700NJYNh9M2FrpSRM=.gif

Celt Z

Celt Z

Yeah, I'm going to go with "no" as well.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Due to some very serious gerrymandering, 51% of representatives who will vote in our name is now in favor of "yes". Maybe the system needs work.

Dave

Dave

I GET IT!!

:rofl:

GasBandit

GasBandit

He upgrade
He dismayed
But most importantly, he not change manner in which posts are displayed.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

bhamv3

bhamv3

I vote yes.

(My actual choice is really "no", but safe in the knowledge that the "no" vote is winning by a landslide, I can be edgy and contrary just to be a rascal)

MindDetective

MindDetective

Didn't Dave say the 32nd reply would decide? I know, I thought it was weird too.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Didn't Dave say the 32nd reply would decide? I know, I thought it was weird too.
What no wait

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Shakey

Shakey

Frank

Frank

No?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Zappit

Zappit

NO

jwhouk

jwhouk

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Tress

Tress

General Specific

General Specific

3KQPXF.gif

Simfers

Simfers

I vote yes.

(My actual choice is really "no", but safe in the knowledge that the "no" vote is winning by a landslide, I can be edgy and contrary just to be a rascal)
This is how Brexit happened, you fool!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

No, senpai...

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

This is how Brexit happened, you fool!
Well, while in Rome . . .

Er, while in London . . .

Or at least, while in England, do as the Englanders do.

grub

grub

200.gif

Dave

Dave

Covar

Covar

blotsfan

blotsfan

Did we ever reach a verdict?

MindDetective

MindDetective