• 11+

Votes: 22 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RocketGirl

I really annoyed at people < 50 complaining about their age.
Hell, I'm pretty secure in my age...I'm just really grumpy at the folks who think I shouldn't be an' try to make me feel as old as they do. What's up wi' dat? :suspicious:

T

TotalFusionOne

.... Okay well I'm sorry for feeling like I'm old. I'll try to keep my opinion to myself :)

(However girls age slower than guys so 34 year old girl is like a 19 year old boy imho)

Psh when you're as old as I am (26) they're all girls to ya.
Why does everyone conspire to try to make me feel old? I'm less than eight days from turning 34, and it seems like everyone and their frickin' HAMSTER is all, "Gawds, don't you feel old?"

Or it's people way younger than me goin', "Gawrsh, I feel frickin' ancient! Don't you?"

...an' all I can think is, "Yanno what...? No, I really don't." Izz'ere sumfin' wrong with me, that I don't feel elderly yet, or does the world just have unrealistic expectations for when we're supposed to go all decrepit? :suspicious:[/QUOTE]

I'm turning 34 in December as well, and I feel as young as I ever did. Just a bit creakier in the joints.

I actually think my physical age is starting to catch up to my mental age. I was a pretty mature youngster.

It hit me yesterday that I am a freaking teacher... after working here for almost three years! Only 25, but DAMN I would not be surprised if I found gray hairs.

As appropriate as this is to the topic at hand, I feel very strange mentioning my profession in a thread of this title ^.^

Everyone I work with keep thinking that I am 25 or younger.
I'll walk in and get, "How are you doing?"
"I am doing well for a man my age."
Normally gets a giggle out of people. Then they reply,
"No, really, how old are you?"
"40"
"Oh...."

C

Chazwozel

I'll walk in and get, "How are you doing?"
"I am doing well for a man my age."
Normally gets a giggle out of people. Then they reply,
"No, really, how old are you?"
"40"
"Oh...."

How old are you man? 25?

I'm 40.

Holy shit man, you've got to get on deck.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Wait the person with a flogging molly icon is a girl?

I... I don't know what to believe anymore. But I'm sitting in my bar at the moment and just popped flogging molly on the jukebox before I saw this comment.
I'm more than a mere girl. I am 100% all woman. And I'm a mommy. :D[/QUOTE]

Psh when you're as old as I am (26) they're all girls to ya.

And I'm a daddy. So that would work out. Grue, we might have action.[/QUOTE]
LOL! Age is just a number. I'm 12 years older than you. People think I'm 26 though and I don't bother correcting them.
As for this ménage à trois, I like 'em young (my husband's 6 years younger than me), but I do need to draw the line somewhere. Plus there is that whole marriage thing that puts a damper on it for me. :p

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I get carded for glue at wal-mart. I was cursed with a baby face. It actually hurts in my career. People don't take you seriously unless you look grizzled. Plus, when age finally does catch up to a baby faced person, he tends to look like a deflated balloon.

R

RocketGirl

Yeah, I get that a lot.

I'm turning 34 in December as well, and I feel as young as I ever did. Just a bit creakier in the joints.

I actually think my physical age is starting to catch up to my mental age. I was a pretty mature youngster.
Ah, see, mentally I think I'm still about 9. Tops.

I'm the youngest manager in my company, however it's been noted on many occasions that I act well beyond my years. So much so that my age is an ongoing joke. The CEO calls me "Boy Wonder", my boss calls me "grasshopper", etc.

I gave a talk at a financial symposium in Vancouver on generational marketing and the 'young people' they had on a panel all were a good 5-6 years older than I was. Hell, the Young Leaders group I belong to is defined as "25-40", that's the kind of industry I'm in.
Bleh.

everybody has always thought I'm 5-10 years older than I actually am. Overweight, baldness, beard, beahviour... everything counts.

People generally think I'm either far older or far younger. Like, high school age or mid-late twenties. People ask me all the time if my (babyfaced, very short) 14 year old brother is my son.

S

SeraRelm

I'm 96. People tell me I look very young for my age. My breasts don't sag quite as far as Dave's, but I still accidentally knee them if I get my brittle bones up to a swift walk.

You don't look a day over 80, dear.

RocketGirl; if you're mentally 9, some of our comments towards you becoe quite creepy >_>

Some of us are creepy over the internet. But at least we're not watching you type through your window.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Iaculus is a poster here who we humourously mistake for a former poster named Icarus, who we drove off because we didn't approve of his past relationship with a 14 year old girl when he was like 23 or something.

See, that's exactly the opposite of what I was going for.

And yes, Icarus was a pedo who was surprised at the lack of tolerance for skeezy child molesters.

Huh. I wonder what it says about me that of our three explanations of the Iaculus/Icarus thing, I come off as judging the forum's treatment of Icarus instead of judging Icarus himself as both of you did.[/QUOTE]

You may have a point. Other than his confession, there's no evidence to substantiate that he was indeed involved with an under-aged girl. It wasn't my intent to judge him though, just to report what I've witnessed.

I would say that you have a balanced mind for reporting, you'd probably do well in journalism.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Oh, I think I wrote that poorly. I wasn't trying to get on your case for judging the guy. I think he deserves a fair bit of judging. I just realized it was interesting that I was judging our treatment of him.

I do kinda think we ganged up on him too harshly. Well, "harshly" the way words from anonymous internet forumites can be harsh

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Oh, and your judgment on him was quite minor. It was just the phrase "sad justification"

Status
Not open for further replies.