hot Topic: Obama to reverse "gag rule" on abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCM

To be fair Zen, at 19 I was sick of religion, doing sex tourism and didnt give a shit about social causes.
JONJONAUG said:
-a)Castrate rapists/make laws sterners to STOP repeat rapists and give financial aid to raise the unwanted rape child.
-b)Put stern laws that considers a husband a rapist should he have sex with a woman when she doesnt want to, and provide shelters for women who are kicked off from home for refusing sex, especially among the lower class, because many lower-class women have no way to get away from these husbands, and shouldnt be relegated to becoming a baby-making factory to please morals of others.
-c)Put a biological father in jail should he run off, have him work a sweatshop to pay alimony, should he be unable to pay for it, because damn there are shitloads of women who are abandoned by the father of the child.
-d)Prohibit anything that usually kills the fetus, like sex the few months after, heavy exercise.
I'm fine with all of those.
So instead of adding to guilt already faced by women at such a decision, why dont we fight for those BEFORE we call women murderers?

JCM said:
To be fair Zen, at 19 I was sick of religion, doing sex tourism and didnt give a shit about social causes.
All I meant was his age sheds some light on his position. (As it does any of us.) I had a whole other idea of where he was coming from. Which doesn't change anything, just clarifies some things for me.

J

JONJONAUG

JCM said:
JONJONAUG said:
-a)Castrate rapists/make laws sterners to STOP repeat rapists and give financial aid to raise the unwanted rape child.
-b)Put stern laws that considers a husband a rapist should he have sex with a woman when she doesnt want to, and provide shelters for women who are kicked off from home for refusing sex, especially among the lower class, because many lower-class women have no way to get away from these husbands, and shouldnt be relegated to becoming a baby-making factory to please morals of others.
-c)Put a biological father in jail should he run off, have him work a sweatshop to pay alimony, should he be unable to pay for it, because damn there are shitloads of women who are abandoned by the father of the child.
-d)Prohibit anything that usually kills the fetus, like sex the few months after, heavy exercise.
So instead of adding to guilt already faced by women at such a decision, why dont we fight for those BEFORE we call women murderers?
Because this thread's about abortion.

zero said:
Amy said:
to be fair i think the fuckhat (...)
Yikes! ... she's still steamed...
Quit crying. go earn some of that moral superiority you claim by going out and adopting a kid, instead of being all like "zomg, that woman's pregnant! Cordon her off and chain her down! Screw her needs! She's just the life support machine! Save the baby! Save the unborn baby! But make sure that once it's born, that I don't have to deal with it."

BlackCrossCrusader said:
I didn't think it would be a possible that a simple phrase of acknowledgement would contain such sarcasm. I'm in awe of it.
Funny, I was just commenting to someone how people will project all kinds of things onto a terse reply. Maybe you didn't bother reading my further explication of that response? No, I guess not.

ZenMonkey said:
BlackCrossCrusader said:
I didn't think it would be a possible that a simple phrase of acknowledgement would contain such sarcasm. I'm in awe of it.
Funny, I was just commenting to someone how people will project all kinds of things onto a terse reply. Maybe you didn't bother reading my further explication of that response? No, I guess not.
Oh, I did. But you guys type faster than I do. You already explained yourself, all the while I was typing with a speed comparable to a sloth. :sadness:

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Oh, I did. But you guys type faster than I do. You already explained yourself, all the while I was typing with a speed comparable to a sloth. :sadness:
Fair enough.

J

JCM

JONJONAUG said:
JCM said:
JONJONAUG said:
Because this thread's about abortion.
And the above are the leading causes of why abortion is legal.

zero said:
A Troll said:
zero said:
Of course I agree a husband can rape his wife, and you surely have seen that I DO defend that a biological runway father should be put in Jail...
:shock:
Heh, nice catch Troll, you got me there.
Rephrasing it: I of course think a husband having unconsensual sex with his wife is guilty of rape, and should be punished as so.
Just to clarify, since my post ended up getting even more miscontrued...

I wasn't saying that's what you meant, it's just how I read it the first time. All on me, not you. Sorry for the confusion.

Z

zero

Amy said:
zero said:
"those kids would be better of dead" showed up.
who said that, exactly?
I would be tempted to say "you", but I see this leading to another "Why the heck are we fighting?"
Amy said:
zero said:
Their life is miserable beyond imagination... and still they want to live. That's all life imperative...
Proof?
Because without any, you're making general statements based on hypotheticals to support your position. JCM on the other hand, has posted pictoral evidence that people in fact do not all want to live.
You called bullshit and asked for "proof" (seriously?) on my "they want to live", which was quite surprising to me... and then...
Amy said:
Yeah, and you're missing my point, the point being that there are hundreds of thousands of kids we already can't adequately take care of living and breathing on this earth, (you acknowledge that you can't take care of even one,) but you want to stop women from making sure more aren't brought into this world to suffer? Murder or not, there aren't enough people who want to adequately raise and care for the children that ARE here, and you want to add more to that problem?
Well, but so what? You think it is better that those children were never brought to this place to begin with? Perhaps that's when I misunderstood you...

J

JCM

Its been fun, but I gotta go out and drink and mate (no, I wont have kids to abort, but thats a different story), nighty night all

Z

zero

Amy said:
Quit crying. go earn some of that moral superiority you claim by going out and adopting a kid, instead of being all like "zomg, that woman's pregnant! Cordon her off and chain her down! Screw her needs! She's just the life support machine! Save the baby! Save the unborn baby! But make sure that once it's born, that I don't have to deal with it."
Enough of this. Moving to PM (Heck, I was really close to give up and ask for a lock).

zero said:
[]Well, but so what? You think it is better that those children were never brought to this place to begin with? Perhaps that's when I misunderstood you...

Heres how I see it, twat muscle. Take care of the living first. If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, then don't force her because her child might live. Yeah, its that conception life issue, but listen you shitbag on a stick, I've made my peace with that. What really rubs me the wrong fucking way is when assholes like you go parading around saying that those women over there are doing something you find wrong, but then refuse to actually provide a better solution than "Oh don't do that! Who cares if that child has a shitty life full of rape and abuse and no one to love it?"

Its easy for you to do because you'll never have to deal with the consequences of your statements.

So in the end yeah, I think a life full of misery and shit and hell is worse than not being born. It actually seems crueler to me to bring a child into this world when all they are going to look forward to is pain loneliness and shitty days.

zero said:
Amy said:
(...) twat muscle (...) you shitbag on a stick (...) assholes like you (...)
Again, answer in PM.
no. I'll answer you here. For a few reasons. A) fuck you and B) posting my responses here makes it easier for others who agree/disagree to access the points discussed. If some sensitive schmuck can't take it, that's not my problem.

ElJuski

Staff member
I think it's a rule that if I see 'twat muscle' it's time to close down a thread :rofl:. It looks like nothing is going to get accomplished after all, so I'm ready to drop the lock. ZM, NR, Ed--agree?

I won't touch it if you guys still wanna play. But play nice ;)

Cajungal

Staff member
I just wanna say that I understand how anti-abortion people feel. I don't think I could get one, and did have religious upbringing. However... there are definitely circumstances where I believe it's the best route to take. Rape, I guess, is the most popular example, but there are more.

Frankly, there are a lot of people who make the wrong choices when they have sex, I.E., opting out of birth control. It's important to remember that we need to be responsible with our freedom so as not to overpopulate and bring children into unsavory situations.

That said, I support choice, even though sometimes it makes me a little sad. Because I DO believe that a little life is being snuffed out... but one huge thing I took from Christianity is the idea of free will. Life sucks, and it comes with tough decisions. I'm not about to judge women I don't know for taking action in a situation I've never had to deal with (yet).

Ideally, no lives would ever be snuffed out. But man, take a look around. We do NOT live in an underpopulated utopia here. People are dying, some are dying horribly painful deaths, for no real reason. I'm the first proponent to suggest adoption over abortion, but to say that a woman can't make that vital choice for herself?

Cajungal said:
Frankly, there are a lot of people who make the wrong choices when they have sex, I.E., opting out of birth control. It's important to remember that we need to be responsible with our freedom so as not to overpopulate and bring children into unsavory situations.
The downside to being pro-choice is the ones who make it look bad via using abortion as a contraceptive. Obviously those folks are such a small minority of cases out there, but that's also part of the reason they get so much attention. It's still worth it, IMO, to make sure people have the freedom to make their own choices in this matter, even if it means a few people make bad choices.

There are downsides like this to every freedom in the US. They are never compelling enough to take those freedoms away.

Cajungal

Staff member
Amy said:
Ideally, no lives would ever be snuffed out. But man, take a look around. We do NOT live in an underpopulated utopia here. People are dying, some are dying horribly painful deaths, for no real reason. I'm the first proponent to suggest adoption over abortion, but to say that a woman can't make that vital choice for herself?
Absolutely, I agree. Like I said, free will. I try to keep my personal feelings out of it, because I hope that others would do the same for me if it ever came to that. There are so many children already born who need love. Maybe that's why I don't want kids of my own. That's always kind of tugged at my heart.

And yeah, Troll, you pretty much said outright what I was getting at. I don't like the idea of abortion as a common contraceptive. But it doesn't seem like that's the norm.

ElJuski

Staff member
Amy, I wish I had you around all those times I needed to come up with a snappy insult. I usually just add (cunt) + (inanimate object). Can you teach me your ways?

ElJuski said:
Amy, I wish I had you around all those times I needed to come up with a snappy insult. I usually just add (cunt) + (inanimate object). Can you teach me your ways?
swear word/body part/slur + inanimate object or adverb

Tard cup.
Shit diamond.
Piss box
ass drinker.

Z

zero

Ah! Well, if not even the mods have issue with how the conversation between me and Amy was turning, then I'll quit annoying her with PM's and do it here... (English isn't my first language (more like 4th), so perhaps she sounded more serious to me than intended).

Z

zero

Amy said:
Ok, here's the deal:

I am really sorry I went "are you for real?" on you. That WAS rude and uncalled for. That's the third time I apologize for it. I truly believe it is enough.

I won't point that I don't see woman as baby machines nor that I do not condemn women who have abortions. There are plenty of posts of mine stating that.

I will though, vehemently object to any argument that claim that it is worse for a child to be brought into this world unwanted than be aborted. Perhaps it is a personal matter for me, since I have worked with such children, but I'm saying it from personal experience. Those children are very grateful for their awfully miserable life.

That's about it.

ElJuski

Staff member
No; Amy's insults are always a lighthearted delight. For the most part. But either way I think from the PMs I've gotten the best thing to do is to shut this baby down. See you all next time on ABORTION 2: ELECTRIC THREAD BOOGALOO

Z

zero

Amy said:
zero said:
[]Well, but so what? You think it is better that those children were never brought to this place to begin with? Perhaps that's when I misunderstood you...
Heres how I see it, twat muscle. Take care of the living first. If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, then don't force her because her child might live. Yeah, its that conception life issue, but listen you shitbag on a stick, I've made my peace with that. What really rubs me the wrong fucking way is when assholes like you go parading around saying that those women over there are doing something you find wrong (...)
Now, first of all... is there a point to all those insults? That leads to nowhere and it is just plainly annoying...
Moving on...
Amy said:
but then refuse to actually provide a better solution than "Oh don't do that! Who cares if that child has a shitty life full of rape and abuse and no one to love it?"
Well, see there's precisely where you and I disagree. I don't think "never being born in the first place" is a better solution for the child.
Amy said:
Its easy for you to do because you'll never have to deal with the consequences of your statements.
No, I don't, but the child do, and I'm telling you the child chose to live
Amy said:
So in the end yeah, I think a life full of misery and shit and hell is worse than not being born. It actually seems crueler to me to bring a child into this world when all they are going to look forward to is pain loneliness and shitty days.
Now we're getting somewhere... If you think so, I won't try to change your mind... but if you're feeling curious, go and try to meet abandoned children. I think you will be surprised of how much they value their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.