Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: Who's sexually harassing? Who's sexually harassed? Let's find out!

figmentPez

Staff member
Hardwick is scheduled to be the moderator for the Doctor Who panel at SDCC. The first panel for the new cast with the first female Doctor. The BBC has one month to wise-up and get a more appropriate moderator.

figmentPez

Staff member
I have since figured out that the media embed Patrick posted has links to at least 3 different pages that can be clicked (pressed, actually, as I'm on a tablet), but my first tries all led to her profile or Medium's home page, never to the article.
Yeah, well regardless of technical difficulties, you know the topic of this thread, and it was kinda inappropriate for you to derail the issue like that.

I’m in a rage about the response people are having to Chloe’s post.

I just saw an article about Chris responding and nearly ALL of the comments are calling Chloe a liar, a bitter whore, jealous, saying things like the relationships wasn’t even abuse??? I’m pissed.

As someone who knows Chloe personally, I am beyond disgusted. This is why victims don’t want to talk about things. Everyone willing to turn a blind eye just because they like the accused - seriously the amount comments mentioning his career and how they love him on whatever show is wild - is genuinely upsetting to me.

I’m so fucking mad.
I forget which Celebrity harasser it was, but when the accusations against him first came out, a group of women he had worked with (I think they were at SNL) put out some some sort of public announcement supporting the guy, saying "he never treated us like that."

Just idiotic.

His response is pretty typical from folks that are like that. There's not just a denial, he just continues to let her know she's nothing.

In the places I have been looking the vast majority of people have been entirely supportive of Chloe. Many saying that Chris should be removed from all of his shows.

But then I have mostly been looking at reddit so I suppose that the comments suggesting otherwise may have already been voted down before I got to them.

figmentPez

Staff member
Last edited:
I would put one at an awkward comment that was unintentional, rather than a clearly intentional attempt to make someone uncomfortable for laughs.
Wait, are you seriously saying we should consider misunderstandings as part of a sexual assault scale?

Maybe it’s just Facebook with all the vitriol because there, all the comments are against her and I don’t understand.

Someone said her story was too specific with examples of things and how she felt and someone else responded with ‘she’s had years to come up with this story. Now that Chris is successful, she wants to take that away from him. It’s clearly made up.’ AND I AM MAD. Like what?? K.

It’s taking all I have to not go after everyone, because I know that won’t help, but I’m upset. I’m glad you all have seen people defending her. :heart:

Wait, are you seriously saying we should consider misunderstandings as part of a sexual assault scale?
What @Dei describes certainly belongs on a scale that measures sexual harassment.

I wouldn't put what she describes on my Franken-Weinstein scale since I specifically marked the low end with Franken pressuring his performing partner into excessive rehearsals involving sexual contact . . . which interestingly enough could actually be the result of misunderstanding, as Franken might have honestly considered the rehearsals reasonable while she didn't (but felt pressured into more because he was the Celebrity).

So, uh, yeah. I'm seriously saying that misunderstandings can be placed on a sexual assault scale.

Someone said her story was too specific with examples of things and how she felt
Oh, of course, she remembers too much...

Heh.

What @Dei describes certainly belongs on a scale that measures sexual harassment.

I wouldn't put what she describes on my Franken-Weinstein scale since I specifically marked the low end with Franken pressuring his performing partner into excessive rehearsals involving sexual contact . . . which interestingly enough could actually be the result of misunderstanding, as Franken might have honestly considered the rehearsals reasonable while she didn't (but felt pressured into more because he was the Celebrity).

So, uh, yeah. I'm seriously saying that misunderstandings can be placed on a sexual assault scale.
Eh... as i recall he changed the script to include a kiss, which was the issue, not rehearsing the scenes.

figmentPez

Staff member
Maybe it’s just Facebook with all the vitriol because there, all the comments are against her and I don’t understand.

Someone said her story was too specific with examples of things and how she felt and someone else responded with ‘she’s had years to come up with this story. Now that Chris is successful, she wants to take that away from him. It’s clearly made up.’ AND I AM MAD. Like what?? K.

It’s taking all I have to not go after everyone, because I know that won’t help, but I’m upset. I’m glad you all have seen people defending her. :heart:
Kags is right. There are people going out of their way to spread hate.

Here is a screenshot from Ms Dykstra's FB page. These are new comments on a post that's over three months old:
Hate on a Facebook post from February.PNG

And that's just what shows up right at the top of an old post.

I’m in a rage about the response people are having to Chloe’s post.

I just saw an article about Chris responding and nearly ALL of the comments are calling Chloe a liar, a bitter whore, jealous, saying things like the relationships wasn’t even abuse??? I’m pissed.

As someone who knows Chloe personally, I am beyond disgusted. This is why victims don’t want to talk about things. Everyone willing to turn a blind eye just because they like the accused - seriously the amount comments mentioning his career and how they love him on whatever show is wild - is genuinely upsetting to me.

I’m so fucking mad.
Your response seems VERY typical of people that run in similar social circles as her. Unanimously believing her. People that know them both seem to be on her side 100%

The internet just sucks so bad.

Kinda sounds like both sides had some problems in this relationship. Unfortunately, we can't have something like that happening in this world today, so we have what we have.

Just normal problematic break-up stuff, like blacklisting a career.
Sadly.

I was going to dredge up something about a former senator from a former state where I formerly lived, but that would probably put me on some sort of blacklist.

That's just weird. WTF is wrong with celebrities? If you knew Weinstein was scum why not just snub him or ignore him? Did he piss on his hand and then offered a piss-dripping hand to Weinstein? Really? I doubt it. Besides, if you've shook hands with 10 guys, you've probably shook at least 7 piss hands.
BTW, this isn't in defense of Weinstein. It's just pointing out how childish and dumb that story from Perlman is.

Dave

Staff member
And how fake it probably is.

The problem is that Weinwtein had the power over people's careers. People who crossed him were blacklisted and lost their gigs. Snubbing was probably not something he was in a position to do.

It sounds too stupid to be made up imo.

And really sad, since his only avenue of "revenge" was a school yard prank....

figmentPez

Staff member
Not Hollywood, but a STEM conference on herpetology:
Risque photos cause controversy at turtle and fish conference

A scientist, who is reported to be known as pervy, gave a presentation as part of accepting the Herpetologists' League annual award for Distinguished Herpetologist. His presentation slides included photos of research assistants that were so racy they were censored by staff setting up the presentation. He also included lots of innuendo in his speech, and photos of turtles having sex, despite the fact that he was not speaking about turtle reproduction.

Not Hollywood, but a STEM conference on herpetology:
Risque photos cause controversy at turtle and fish conference

A scientist, who is reported to be known as pervy, gave a presentation as part of accepting the Herpetologists' League annual award for Distinguished Herpetologist. His presentation slides included photos of research assistants that were so racy they were censored by staff setting up the presentation. He also included lots of innuendo in his speech, and photos of turtles having sex, despite the fact that he was not speaking about turtle reproduction.
Ok, I can't speak on the research assistants because they're not shown, but the slides with random pictures of turtles humping is hilarious.

figmentPez

Staff member
This shouldn't come as a surprise, but Papa John's founder John Schattner isn't just a racist asshole, he's a sexually harassing racist asshole.

The Inside Story Of Papa John's Toxic Culture

"Based on interviews with 37 current and former Papa John’s employees—including numerous executives and board members—Schnatter’s alleged behavior ranges from spying on his workers to sexually inappropriate conduct, which has resulted in at least two confidential settlements. "

This shouldn't come as a surprise, but Papa John's founder John Schattner isn't just a racist asshole, he's a sexually harassing racist asshole.

The Inside Story Of Papa John's Toxic Culture

"Based on interviews with 37 current and former Papa John’s employees—including numerous executives and board members—Schnatter’s alleged behavior ranges from spying on his workers to sexually inappropriate conduct, which has resulted in at least two confidential settlements. "
The local store is trying to distance themselves from corporate. Their sign out front says "We are independently owned," in big letters now.

figmentPez

Staff member
Rumor has it that Papa John's and Wendy's were planning a merger before all this went down. You've got to screw up big time if Wendy's doesn't want to deal with your bad image problems.

I've been watching the Uber catastrophe unfold - now there's a company that's got some image problems, and more.

Rumor has it that Papa John's and Wendy's were planning a merger before all this went down. You've got to screw up big time if Wendy's doesn't want to deal with your bad image problems.
I guess I haven’t been paying attention, what ‘s the deal with Wendy’s?

figmentPez

Staff member
I guess I haven’t been paying attention, what ‘s the deal with Wendy’s?
They got rid of spicy chicken nuggets!

But seriously, I think it's mostly standard fast food franchise underhandedness. Non-compete agreements to avoid paying higher wages, cutting hours in order to avoid paying benefits, etc. The exception is that they're one of the major holdout restaurants refusing to join the Fair Food Program, which is supposed to help fight sexual violence suffered by female produce harvesters, the poster vegetable being tomatoes. They've changed suppliers rather than deal with growers who are part of the program.

Non-compete agreements to avoid paying higher wages
For anyone who hasn't heard about this:
Regulators Investigate Fast-Food Chains' Limits On Whom They Hire
Basically it's not the workers who sign the noncompete agreements, but the franchisees, with the net effect that if you leave one restaurant, you won't be hired by any of the others...and they won't be obligated to tell you that it's because they have signed noncompete agreements between themselves rather than trying to coerce you into signing one.

--Patrick