Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: Who's sexually harassing? Who's sexually harassed? Let's find out!

Ok, i re-watched it just to make sure... there's no mention of the "creeper" being a stranger. She just wasn't into him.
It didn't seem to establish she knew him either, so I took it as she didn't.

I'm not arguing your point in the general sense, just that I said stranger because the video seemed like he was a guy she didn't know.

It didn't seem to establish she knew him either, so I took it as she didn't.

I'm not arguing your point in the general sense, just that I said stranger because the video seemed like he was a guy she didn't know.
Dude... under what circumstances would you not get the cops involved if someone you didn't know got the keys to your car to leave stuff in it?

Dude... under what circumstances would you not get the cops involved if someone you didn't know got the keys to your car to leave stuff in it?
I'm not going to argue what is and isn't canon in a short video's fictional universe. I already explained my wording. I also said I wasn't arguing against your point. At the core of it, liked/didn't like is the difference. I called him a stranger because that is how it appeared to me. Your wording applies to general scenarios, including real life. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

Last edited:
That your logic is flawed in that regard? I mean the video didn't really establish she knew the guy she liked either.

Proper logic is, like, super important...

I'm trying to think of which celebrity would be the most surprising that they're actually an asshole or a monster. Joss Whedon was a disappointment, but somehow not surprising.

I think Tom Hanks or Morgan Freeman would be ones for me.

Mario Batali - facing accusations that he repeatedly sexually harassed and assaulted women in the restaurant industry, and recently fired by ABC from their show "The Chew" - has made his apology. To all of his fans, his friends, and his family. Those he truly let down. Not to the victims, of course. Oh, and he threw in a totally bitchin' recipe for some cinnamon rolls. Yeah... apparently Batali decided that United and Marriott needed some company on the PR Disaster list for 2017.

Peter Jackson has admitted that he (unintentionally) took part in the blacklisting of Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd. Back when casting was still being considered for LOTR Jackson suggested both of them as possible cast members. Weinstein shot both of them down claiming that when he'd worked with them before they were both absolute nightmares.

Weinstein has denied this pointing out that the casting for LOTR was done under New Line not Miramax so he had no influence over it. Jackson has responded that the movies were under the Miramax umbrella for 18 months & casting was considered during this time. When the movies were switched to New Line he had already been warned off Sorvino & Judd (& because he had no reason to doubt the allegations made) so they were not suggested to New Line as possible cast members.

figmentPez

Staff member
Peter Jackson has admitted that he (unintentionally) took part in the blacklisting of Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd. Back when casting was still being considered for LOTR Jackson suggested both of them as possible cast members. Weinstein shot both of them down claiming that when he'd worked with them before they were both absolute nightmares.

Weinstein has denied this pointing out that the casting for LOTR was done under New Line not Miramax so he had no influence over it. Jackson has responded that the movies were under the Miramax umbrella for 18 months & casting was considered during this time. When the movies were switched to New Line he had already been warned off Sorvino & Judd (& because he had no reason to doubt the allegations made) so they were not suggested to New Line as possible cast members.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...star-tj-miller-accused-of-sexual-assault.html

There as well. Interesting that both he and his wife deny it, and say this is a vindictive-ex type thing, as they all knew each other in college and all did a comedy thing together (and current wife is relationship immediately after the accuser). But then there are others quoted in your story Frank about how they also knew everybody at the time, and believe the victim.

Basically: who to believe? I really have no idea.

(I had to look up who this guy was)

Because there are a lot of crimes committed on college campuses.
My question contained some hyperbole. That student court isn't actually a criminal court. It's not even a civil court. It's some silly process internal to the University.

Why the fuck were they handling an assault case?

GasBandit

Staff member
My question contained some hyperbole. That student court isn't actually a criminal court. It's not even a civil court. It's some silly process internal to the University.

Why the fuck were they handling an assault case?
As it said in the article I linked you, because often times prosecutors don't think they can get a conviction in "real" court based on the nature of how these things generally happen on campuses, and the campus courts have lower standards of guilt (they usually go by preponderance of evidence instead of "beyond any reasonable doubt"). I don't really necessarily agree with them, but that's one of the arguments they make. Local law enforcement is also usually happy to have the university share some of the load out of their own pocket instead of the city's budget.

Many schools have "binding arbitration" that allows, if both parties agree to use it and abide by its ruling, for a different set of rules to apply. This is helpful for cases where something bad happens but the evidence is weak or the law is weak, as well as reducing costs, and shortening the timeline for resolution for "minor" cases. Lots of petty theft, roommate disagreements, etc are processed through such groups.

It's not meant to replace the criminal process, and technically the parties shouldn't be using it for criminal matters.

But if neither party provides evidence to the police and choose to engage in this sort of service, there's not a lot the law can do.

http://www.creepsheet.com/
Bills itself as "The most complete list of public figures accused of sexual harassment or assault"
I would start referring to it as "Jenny McCarthyism," but that would unfortunately bring more attention to Jenny McCarthy.
Oh, and re: my original assertion, Mick Jagger is not on this list.

--Patrick

Eliza Dushku Says She Was Molested on True Lies Set When She Was 12
In a post on her Facebook account Saturday, Dushku also alleged that Joel Kramer, then 36, caused her to be injured on the set as payback for disclosing the alleged misconduct to a friend. Kramer denied the accusations as “lies” in trade publication interviews.
James Cameron has said he didn't know, and "Had I known about it, there would have been no mercy" according to the article. Interesting difference in this one is that she said she DID tell 3 people (her parents & 1 other) back then, and the "other" has confirmed such. I don't understand why they didn't come forward back then, but I also understand the "environment" of "who do you trust" and thus the difficulties as well.

That story is turbo hideous.

She was 12 and she got very badly hurt under his care after he was confronted about it.