Export thread

HF Secret Santa 2018 - Midterm Madness Edition

Tress

Tress

Hello! It's that time of year again! I thought it be good to make sure I didn't do it at the last minute this year...

What is it?
It's a Secret Santa between your fellow halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • To sign up, send me a PM with your email address, shipping address, and any gift rules/restrictions. Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts). Also, please specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally.
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so when you sign up. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - I'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case. So far we've always been able to match everyone that wanted to participate and meet their shipping requirements.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
  • Who can sign up?
    To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than April 15, 2018 with more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate (for obvious reasons). If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to Dave so there may be exceptions, but his final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you. This goes for those who may be dis-included as well.
  • The deadline for signing up will be November 30th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent an email or PM shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for.
  • Recommended gift value is $10 to $50. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food please).
  • ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS SENT IS DECEMBER 15th! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY DECEMBER 15th WILL BE TIED DOWN AND FORCED TO LISTEN TO NON-STOP POLITICAL ADS UNTIL THEIR HEAD EXPLODES. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not CERTAIN you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
  • Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
  • You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
  • UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS. Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol, so when in doubt, choose another gift.
  • CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping.
  • SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and ship your stuff by Dec 15th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
As people sign up, I will post a list showing their names. When we move on to the next step, I'll be sure to update that too.

Who's In:
  1. Bubble 181
  2. PatrThom
  3. Dave
  4. jwhouk
  5. Sparhawk
  6. Emrys
  7. Wahad
  8. Cog
  9. Chad Sexington
  10. GasBandit
  11. Far
  12. Denbrought
  13. Dirona
  14. Dei
  15. LittleSin
  16. Celt Z
  17. evilmike

Bubble181

Bubble181

Like I said earlier, count me in!

PatrThom

PatrThom

PatrThom votes YES!

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

I'm in or some shit.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm in again.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm in or some shit.
You just want a second chance at that shirt, don’t you.

—Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm in again.

Wait, this isn't the I just had sex thread...

Dave

Dave

Wait, this isn't the I just had sex thread...
No or I wouldn't be here.

Emrys

Emrys

I'm in.

Wahad

Wahad

Yeah, okay, I should probably do this again.

Cog

Cog

I would like to participate.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Yeees I'm in.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm in again.

Tress

Tress

If you opt in but don’t see your name for a bit, don’t worry. I don’t check in as often as I like and it will sometimes be a day or so between updates to the names.

Far

Far

Count me in!

Denbrought

Denbrought

Sure, I'll give it a go.

Dirona

Dirona

Wooo!

Tress

Tress

Does that... does that mean you're in? Or just excited for the holidays?

Dirona

Dirona

Does that... does that mean you're in? Or just excited for the holidays?
Both! You should have a message from me.

Tress

Tress

We’ve got a little less than 2 weeks before the deadline to sign up. The more the merrier!

LittleSin

LittleSin

I am in.

plskthx

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm in!

evilmike

evilmike

I'm in.

Tress

Tress

Final call for anyone wishing to participate this year. Please sign up by the end of today (if you haven’t done so already!).

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

You know, Li'l Z still has the Cap poster above his bed. If I ever get assigned to you, I have to return the favor.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You know, Li'l Z still has the Cap poster above his bed. If I ever get assigned to you, I have to return the favor.
If I get assigned you again, it sounds like I need to send you a second cap poster :p

Tress

Tress

Hi all. I was going to do the big switcheroo last night, but I got sick. I’m trying to shake it off today, but I need to put it off a little longer. I hope you all don’t mind. I’ll get it out by tomorrow night.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hi all. I was going to do the big switcheroo last night, but I got sick. I’m trying to shake it off today, but I need to put it off a little longer. I hope you all don’t mind. I’ll get it out by tomorrow night.
Hey, man. It ain't like I'm gonna ride you about being late.

--Patrick

Tress

Tress

Dear @Chad Sexington , @PatrThom , and @evilmike

Can I assume that your shipping addresses and info have not changed? You three did not send me a PM this year, but I do have old PMs.

Please let me know.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Can I assume that your shipping addresses and info have not changed? You three did not send me a PM this year, but I do have old PMs.

Please let me know.
Oh sorry! No, it has changed. Sending now.

evilmike

evilmike

Please let me know.
Huh. Not sure what happened as I sent one last week. At any rate, my address and preferences are unchanged.

Tress

Tress

Huh. Not sure what happened as I sent one last week. At any rate, my address and preferences are unchanged.
*checks inbox*

Oh, yeah. Sorry. You did send one last week. My apologies.

Tress

Tress

Ah! It was @Far who didn't send a PM. I got it mixed up in my head.

Far

Far

Sorry, sent mine! Totally missed that this was needed and assumed you'd just devine the necessary info from the ether.

PatrThom

PatrThom

@Tress Mine has not changed since last year.

—Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh geez mine HAS changed... but I think I sent you the updated info?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Looks at bank account...

Yeah. That's why I don't go in on these. :(

Tress

Tress

I'm starting to send out PMs now. If you entered into our Secret Santa but don't hear from me in the next hour, send me a PM.

Tress

Tress

LittleSin

LittleSin

I guess it's that time of year where we post our wishlists. :p

Amazon fully reveals my love of pretty books this year.

My Pinterest probably reveals a lot about me as a person as well. :p Apparently I'm a rockabilly dinosaur lover.

Anonymous

@CeltZ - Your Very Efficient Secret Santa has Amazon sending something your way... EVEN AS WE SPEAK!

And as a complete bonus, there is something for Lil' Z as well!!!!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Dang, Santa, I just read mine! Stop making me look bad! :D

Anonymous

@Celt Z - I just get up earlier than everyone else. (And I also have to learn to use the @ sign correctly, it seems.)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dang, Santa, I just read mine! Stop making me look bad! :D
I haven't even read mine yet!

--Patrick

Secret Satan

Secret Satan

@Chad Sexington , is your Amazon wish list up to date and does it show your deepest desires? Are there any further suggestions you might have?

Dirona

Dirona

I don't have an amazon wishlist that's up-to-date, but basically if it's vaguely blasphemous, I'm in.
I've got Buddy Christ, wind-up Jesus (with real walking on water action!), WWJ Wear magnets (from a SS from here I believe).
Or anything for kitties or featuring kitties.
And if you can find a kitty-based religious icon, then, well, that just combines my interests now doesn't it.
Or pretty dice for D&D. You can never have too many dice.

Anonymous

I don't have an amazon wishlist that's up-to-date, but basically if it's vaguely blasphemous, I'm in.
I've got Buddy Christ, wind-up Jesus (with real walking on water action!), WWJ Wear magnets (from a SS from here I believe).
Or anything for kitties or featuring kitties.
And if you can find a kitty-based religious icon, then, well, that just combines my interests now doesn't it.
Or pretty dice for D&D. You can never have too many dice.
Santa put your swag in the mail last night. Should be there friday!

Anonymous

@Far, I suck at choosing gifts, so I'm going to need some hints.

Anonymous

@PatrThom HALP! I've skulked through the last two years of Santa-ing, and stalked your recent posts. Do you have any allergies? Any candy-related likes or dislikes? And do you have any time to read these days? And are you still a size L in t-shirts? And is there any particular passion or interest that needs more things? Any suggestions or thoughts you may have would be super appreciated.

Anonymous

@Wahad You got wishlist there, amigo?

Far

Far

@Far, I suck at choosing gifts, so I'm going to need some hints.
Hmmm and I'm just as bad at picking things!

Uhh...I'm not picky. I like Books, sci-fi mostly. Current favourite is the Red Rising series. Graphic novels too and I don't have many, Marvel stuff typically but not solely. Loved things like Maus and Watchmen.

League is my most played game but if you're in the states I don't think I can use your cards they sell in retail locations. I have so many games at this point I'd rather not add to the back log but it may be helpful to get an idea of what I like, genrewise:

Www.steamcommunity.com/id/mazerrack88/games

Food is good too if it's easy to ship and I don't have any restrictions to worry about.

I hope this helps!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Do you have any allergies?
Stupidity.
Any candy-related likes or dislikes?
I have previously expressed a fancy for Marathon/Curly Wurly candy bars, but am trying to cut back on sugary snacks and such.
do you have any time to read these days?
I wish! I mean, I'm not against books, but these days I only average something like 2hrs/day when I'm not obligated to do something for somebody else (or just chores).
are you still a size L in t-shirts?
Yes, and plan to be so forever, if I can manage it.
is there any particular passion or interest that needs more things?
If you were to ask my wife, she would emphatically say, "Hell no!"
Any suggestions or thoughts you may have would be super appreciated.
Hmm. I definitely don't need any more computer stuff at the moment*. I'm good on socks and underwear for now, I already have box sets of Brisco County Jr. and Firefly (complete with Serenity), I already bought myself a new otoscope, and most of the other "Oooh yeah I'd really like one of those!" stuff is well beyond the 2-digit price threshold. I wanted to put up a list of the handful of movies I've actually seen, but that didn't get done in time, sorry. I don't wear jewelry and don't have any piercings (and in no rush to start) and I spend anywhere from 2-3hrs/day behind the wheel of my car on a good day. Also no taxidermied butterflies/moths, please.
That said, there's still plenty of room for things you might want to share, like T-shirts & treats, a novelty towel or bathrobe (even an ordinary one, I don't currently have one). I still haven't acquired any miracle berries, I still drink anywhere from 1qt-1/2gal of (black, usually spiced) tea every day, I don't have any (region 1) Night Court DVDs yet, I'm looking for a new snowbrush/scraper combo since my 5yr old one finally broke, I could use a new day-to-day belt (size 34in), I've been looking for what seems like forever for a small (LED) flashlight that will automatically turn itself off after 30 minutes or so if you forget (or fall asleep) and leave it on, and I will never say no to a generous jug of Grade B er, I mean Grade A Dark/Robust maple syrup.

--Patrick
*technically not true but hey let's move on.

Bubble181

Bubble181

@PatrThom HALP! I've skulked through the last two years of Santa-ing, and stalked your recent posts. Do you have any allergies? Any candy-related likes or dislikes? And do you have any time to read these days? And are you still a size L in t-shirts? And is there any particular passion or interest that needs more things? Any suggestions or thoughts you may have would be super appreciated.
Let me try to answer that for him...

Yes. Yes. No. Don't know but probably. Yes. :awesome:

Wahad

Wahad

@Wahad You got wishlist there, amigo?
If you mean an amazon wishlist, no, as I don't use amazon generally, given that I have no creditcard. I thought I added a list of things I wanted in the pm, but just in case it didn't get through, see below.

Gift restrictions: None, really. Sex themed gifts I don't mind, I guess, but I've no use for 'em so probably not a good use of money. Alcohol is good though.

Wishlist:
- Any local specialty to the gifter (food- or drink-wise, provided it ships well, local craft beers are always good) or something promoting the local town (glasses, knick-knacks, etc.)
- Cool-looking RPG dice (not much use for weird game-specific dice like Fate dice or w/e so standard selections are fine).
- Otherwise, surprise me.
Things I probably should've added in the pm:

Other things I like: books (cookbooks or fantasy/scifi mostly. Recently have been meaning to get around to Norse Mythology by Gaiman but haven't time to order it yet). Webcomics I like: Kill Six Billion Demons, Gunnerkrigg, Rice Boy/Order of Tales/Vattu. Though I have no particular interest in owning hardcopy books of those, other merch is cool. Critical Role merch would also be rad. (Note that I have no real idea how expensive any of that is so it might not be viable). I'm a size L in case shirts are a thing you want to do.

Hopefully this is more clear, Senor Santa Secret?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

@Chad Sexington , is your Amazon wish list up to date and does it show your deepest desires? Are there any further suggestions you might have?
Amazon and whatever I wrote last year is good to go!

Anonymous

@PatrThom Your goodies have been ordered. You may have to sign for one... or not. The seller was mysterious about that. There are two separate shipments.
I hope you enjoy them!

Anonymous

@evilmike plz give ideas or amazon wish list

GasBandit

GasBandit

evilmike

evilmike

Anonymous

@Dirona I've been notified your packages might be delayed due to weather in Mirabel, PQ. So one or both of them might not make it on friday.

Anonymous

@Dei , the package is going to be one the way once the elves in the Amazon building get it done. It will possibly be two packages, according to the site, it will be a total of 3 items. Possible delivery between Saturday and Tuesday. I'll post if there in anything that pops up about changes.

Dave

Dave

I just wanted to thank my "Secret" Santa, @Far , for the gift. I can't put a picture up of it since it's one of the things on my Steam wish list. Now, though, I've got to get off my ass & put up my Vive so I can PLAY the game...

Skyrim VR!

FUS ROH THANKS!

Anonymous

@LittleSin : your package should arrive in 6-13 business days. Please excuse the notes. I may have left my sense of humor in my other Santa suit. I'm actually aware of what it's all about. Also, I forgot to put my name on the packing slip, so good luck guessing which Halforumite with a crappy sense of humor was your Santa!

Far

Far

I just wanted to thank my "Secret" Santa, @Far , for the gift. I can't put a picture up of it since it's one of the things on my Steam wish list. Now, though, I've got to get off my ass & put up my Vive so I can PLAY the game...

Skyrim VR!

FUS ROH THANKS!
I'm couldn't figure out how to make Steam send it anonymous, if it's even an option.

It was your most recently added game, on there as of last month, so I hoped you actually did want it. There is something physical on the way too but it's likely going to ship a bit later and I wanted to make sure you got something in time.

Have fun!

LittleSin

LittleSin

@LittleSin : your package should arrive in 6-13 business days. Please excuse the notes. I may have left my sense of humor in my other Santa suit. I'm actually aware of what it's all about. Also, I forgot to put my name on the packing slip, so good luck guessing which Halforumite with a crappy sense of humor was your Santa!
Oh fuck. Everyone on this forum has a crappy sense of humor!

...It can be literally anyone.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oh fuck. Everyone on this forum has a crappy sense of humor!

...It can be literally anyone.
I sincerely doubt it's @Emrys, considering she's still stuck in her bathroom, or @Doomweasel minion since they're all zonked out on chicken treats right now.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I sincerely doubt it's @Emrys, considering she's still stuck in her bathroom, or @Doomweasel minion since they're all zonked out on chicken treats right now.
It can be literally anyone...but Emrys. :p

And Far, I guess.

Anonymous

@Sparhawk - It might not matter, but what size do you wear?

Dirona

Dirona

I got a surprise delivery today! Yay!!

2 very light Amazon boxes, which I don't recall ordering.
SantaBandit1.jpg

Suspicious bags! From Santa Bandit, and judging by the notes (which I didn't take pictures of, but they were all very tasteful), there's a theme.
SantaBandit2.jpg

There is indeed a theme! Two very nice metal d20s (silver and gold as befits the season), and a rolling tower with catching area (which when first used rolled a 20 and a 17)
SantaBandit3.jpg

Thank you Santa Bandit! You did good, I look forward to using them all.

Anonymous

@evilmike Your gift(s) are coming at different times. So you are going to get two and on radically different days. One by the 8th and one by the 19th.

GasBandit

GasBandit

they were all very tasteful
You say that like it's surprising.

Ok, that might be a fair cop :p

Dirona

Dirona

You say that like it's surprising.

Ok, that might be a fair cop :p
It seemed like a reasonable caveat.

Thanks again!

Anonymous

@Celt Z - Amazon states your two packages will be coming sometime next week (the 10th through the 14th). You will likely guess who your SS is upon receiving the one package... (evil laugh)

Dei

Dei

I could say something about the surprised thing, but it would ruin all of Gas's secrets.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I could say something about the surprised thing, but it would ruin all of Gas's secrets.
DON'T TELL THEM

this is all I have

Eriol

Eriol

There is indeed a theme! Two very nice metal d20s (silver and gold as befits the season), and a rolling tower with catching area (which when first used rolled a 20 and a 17)

Thank you Santa Bandit! You did good, I look forward to using them all.
Even though I have a Wyrmwood Katalox one coming in the new year, I'm still mad jealous about the tower.

Dirona

Dirona

Even though I have a Wyrmwood Katalox one coming in the new year, I'm still mad jealous about the tower.
I was just thinking about that. Despite @Eriol having his eye on a rolling tower for some time, I still got one first!

I may share. But I may need to be bribed with homemade cookies first.

Anonymous

It can be literally anyone...but Emrys. :p

And Far, I guess.
The person referred to having a sense of humor, so I'm pretty sure @Dave's out too.:awesome:

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

@Sparhawk - It might not matter, but what size do you wear?
In a t-shirt I tend to go with a 2xlt or a 3xl.

PatrThom

PatrThom

DON'T TELL THEM
this is all I have
LIES

You still have us
And the rest of the forest moon of Endor

—Patrick

Anonymous

@Sparhawk - two boxes are on the way! Keep an eye out!

Dave

Dave

The person referred to having a sense of humor, so I'm pretty sure @Dave's out too.:awesome:
:stfu:

PatrThom

PatrThom

No, no. @Dave definitely has a sense of humor.
It's just that he's not funny, is all.

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Celt Z - Amazon says part one of your order will be on your doorstep TOMORROW!

Celt Z

Celt Z

:aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah:

(Of course it's going to be a day I'm out for a while. I will let Mr. Z know he has to check for it.)

Anonymous

Tomorrow evening, if that helps?

Anonymous

@Celt Z - the other item will arrive on the 14th, according to Amazon. Enjoy!

Anonymous

@Dei , Amazon says that you will be getting everything in one package tomorrow via USPS.

Anonymous

I will keep an eye out Secret Santa!

PatrThom

PatrThom

@PatrThom Your goodies have been ordered. You may have to sign for one... or not. The seller was mysterious about that. There are two separate shipments.
I hope you enjoy them!
Thanks. I have a feeling I will!

--Patrick

Far

Far

This might help too, whomever is my Santa.

20181207_202408.jpg

Anonymous

@Cog your gifts have been sent...
...but you knew this because you already accepted them during our chat!
Hope you enjoy them!

Secret Satan

Secret Satan

@Chad Sexington , a package of infernal torment holiday cheer is heading your way, arriving perhaps on the 12th.

PatrThom

PatrThom

@Chad Sexington , a package of infernal torment holiday cheer
He'll sacrifice your innocence
With the blade of secrecy
And you can never get it back
'Cuz there isn't a receipt!

--Patrick

Cog

Cog

@Cog your gifts have been sent...
...but you knew this because you already accepted them during our chat!
Hope you enjoy them!
Gaby certainly will!

evilmike

evilmike

Thank you, Santa!
gift 2018-12-08-01.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

oooOOOooo. Lego™ AND Marvel™.
The only way it could be more complete is if it had birds and outer space.

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Far, your gifts will arrive between December 14th and 17th.

Anonymous

@Sparhawk - Amazon says your gifts are arriving today.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

A wild package appears!

What could be inside!

Packing bubbles!!! Woohoo! Useful!

What’s this under the bubbles?! A Christmas Deadpool Pop, a pair of Boba Fett/Vader socks and the first collected Immortal Hulk tpb!

Also a couple of gift messages from my secret Santa.... @Celt Z !

Thank you very much! Renea (my wife) laughed at the “f*ck cancer” message.

Jeff (Sparhawk)

Celt Z

Celt Z

A wild package appears!

What could be inside!

Packing bubbles!!! Woohoo! Useful!

What’s this under the bubbles?! A Christmas Deadpool Pop, a pair of Boba Fett/Vader socks and the first collected Immortal Hulk tpb!

Also a couple of gift messages from my secret Santa.... @Celt Z !

Thank you very much! Renea (my wife) laughed at the “f*ck cancer” message.

Jeff (Sparhawk)
I actually had a Deadpool official "F*ck Cancer" t-shirt picked out for you, but when I went to order it, I was informed it wouldn't arrive until well after Christmas. (That, and I hoped it would make both you and your awesome wife laugh.)
But I'm so glad you like it! Enjoy!

Denbrought

Denbrought

Did my Secret Santa have an Amazon package delivered to me containing a cool keyboard and an interesting book? Trying to figure out if I should thank them (and post a picture) or try to figure out which friend or family member sent it, since there's no note :)

Anonymous

Dear @jwhouk,

After some discussions with mr. Bezos, I have finally sent your gift on its way. It will arrive in the form of two packages, one with a note, and one without. The first package (with note) will arrive between Dec 17 and Dec 20, and the second one (without a note) will arrive between Dec 18 and Dec 21.

- Santa

jwhouk

jwhouk

I will be expecting it!

evilmike

evilmike

oooOOOooo. Lego™ AND Marvel™.
The only way it could be more complete is if it had cameras and outer space.

--Patrick
Are you saying that I'm only a quadruple threat? :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Are you saying that I'm only a quadruple threat? :)
1) oh I’m sure you keep some surprises in reserve.
2) how long did you sit on this? I changed that from “cameras” to “birds” over 24hrs ago!

—Patrick

Tress

Tress

Hey @GasBandit, this is from your Secret Santa:

"Gas, I'm still waiting for a couple of things to get to my house so I can consolidate and send it all in one box, but it should be getting sent out on Wednesday or Thursday. There is also a package coming from Singapore which will probably still take another week or two, but it is definitely NSFW and should not be opened in front of anyone you don't want to know about your weird fetishes."

GasBandit

GasBandit

"Gas, I'm still waiting for a couple of things to get to my house so I can consolidate and send it all in one box, but it should be getting sent out on Wednesday or Thursday. There is also a package coming from Singapore which will probably still take another week or two, but it is definitely NSFW and should not be opened in front of anyone you don't want to know about your weird fetishes."
Ooooh goodie! Singaporean smut!

evilmike

evilmike

1) oh I’m sure you keep some surprises in reserve.
2) how long did you sit on this? I changed that from “cameras” to “birds” over 24hrs ago!

—Patrick
1) That would be telling.
2) I was concerned that my original joke was slightly throwing shade at the Secret Santa so I didn't post until I came up with something better.

Anonymous

@Far, Amazon is saying your gift may be delayed but you should get it before Christmas. I'll keep you posted.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Hey, Secret Santa! A second package arrived for me today with no note. I'm assuming it's from you? If that's the case, I'll post the pics after I get Li'l Z from school.

(And if it's not you, then I don't know why I'm receiving anonymous gifts, but they have good taste!)

Far

Far

Our postal service is in the throws being forced back to work after striking for a month so that's not surprising. I ordered a few things myself recently and was meet with this reasoning for a week before it finally arrived.

Screenshot_20181211-100929_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm travelling from the 21st to the 28th too which may complicate things a bit but we'll see. Thanks for keeping me updated.

@Dave Is Skyrim VR still able to be used on your account? I got a credit to my credit card after authorization failed for a similar amount from Steam and that's the only thing I can think of that I bought from them recently for that much. Just wanna make sure your gift is still usable.

Dave

Dave

Aw crap! I have to go to my laptop to accept the thing! I'm so sorry!

Far

Far

Aw crap! I have to go to my laptop to accept the thing! I'm so sorry!
No worries! Let me know if it still works, if not I can send it again Friday.

When a random credit showed up, I might have used it to buy Smash before thinking what it was from lol

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hey, Secret Santa! A second package arrived for me today with no note. I'm assuming it's from you? If that's the case, I'll post the pics after I get Li'l Z from school.

(And if it's not you, then I don't know why I'm receiving anonymous gifts, but they have good taste!)
If it's a beanie hat, it's your other gift. And yes, the watch is for Lil' Z.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Yay! Well then, my not-Secret-anymore Santa, @jwhouk did a great job!

20181212_153845.jpg Love the Wonder Woman satchel! Great as a smaller bag or if I'm carrying my art stuff!
20181212_153901.jpg20181212_162632.jpg

The watch is great, and it was so sweet of you to think of Li'l Z! He was so excited, as you can see. (Never can go wrong with Lighting.)

And last, but certainly not least...
20181212_154306sm.jpg A Steven Universe beanie! Love it! And Mr. Z will be happy that I'll stop stealing his beanies.

Thank you, Santa!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Wasn't sure on the size of the bag, but glad you like it! :)

Anonymous

Dear @Emrys , your gifts should be on their way to you soon, if Lord Bezos deems us worthy. Estimated delivery is by the 24th.

No loose teeth, as requested.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Did my Secret Santa have an Amazon package delivered to me containing a cool keyboard and an interesting book? Trying to figure out if I should thank them (and post a picture) or try to figure out which friend or family member sent it, since there's no note :)
Ok, t'is confirmed! Thank you so much @Cog ! I was considering getting a new keyboard for when I have someone not adapted to Workman using one of machines (surprisingly frequent occurrence), and the book looks really interesting! It'll be my first read of 2019 :D
IMG_20181209_175844595.jpg

Anonymous

Mr. @Wahad your gift should arrive between the 15th and the 19th. Be vigilant!

Wahad

Wahad

o7 Aye-aye!

Wahad

Wahad

Turns out "between the 15th and the 19th" means "on the 15th."

"All about me there are angles--strange angles that have no counterparts on the earth. I am desperately afraid." Thanks LittleSin!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Turns out "between the 15th and the 19th" means "on the 15th."

"All about me there are angles--strange angles that have no counterparts on the earth. I am desperately afraid." Thanks LittleSin!

YAY!!

Tress

Tress

A message for @GasBandit from your Secret Santa:

“Gas, I got your other package shipped today, but according to the post office you gave the wrong zip code, so that might end up delaying the other package that was sent to you directly.”

GasBandit

GasBandit

Huh, that's odd.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Huh, that's odd.
ZIP Codes change from time to time.
Getting rid of my house took almost an extra month because the current ZIP no longer matched the ZIP on the original paperwork and so they repeatedly kept sending it back to me with, “please correct this error” I CAN’T, REALLY THAT’S WHAT IT IS NOW.

—Patrick

Dei

Dei

That or you typo'ed or something.

Anonymous

@Far, Amazon is saying your gift may be delayed but you should get it before Christmas. I'll keep you posted.
@Far, your package is now in Richmond, BC and the new delivery date is December 17th. Canada Post tracking number is 4010465010728538. Hopefully, you'll get it before December 20th.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I didn't change anything from last year, just said "same info as last year" in my PM to Tress, so maybe something DID change like Pat said.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Also for about 3-4yrs after the ZIP change, whenever I ordered something online, this is what would happen:
Me: [Enters new ZIP into online form]
Website: ERROR Invalid ZIP “You must correct the error(s) before continuing.”
Me: (sighing) [Enters old ZIP into form] [Goes over to “Special shipping instructions” box] “Hey I know this is going to sound weird but because your order form’s database must be at least 2yrs out of date, I can’t enter my actual ZIP Code. Please make sure you use <NEWZIP> because if you don’t I guarantee this order WILL NOT make it to me. Thank you.”

—Patrick

Dei

Dei

Also for about 3-4yrs after the ZIP change, whenever I ordered something online, this is what would happen:
Me: [Enters new ZIP into online form]
Website: ERROR Invalid ZIP “You must correct the error(s) before continuing.”
Me: (sighing) [Enters old ZIP into form] [Goes over to “Special shipping instructions” box] “Hey I know this is going to sound weird but because your order form’s database must be at least 2yrs out of date, I can’t enter my actual ZIP Code. Please make sure you use <NEWZIP> because if you don’t I guarantee this order WILL NOT make it to me. Thank you.”

—Patrick
So my zip code is actually for the city next to me because the local post office is tiny can't handle all of the local mail. I've lived in this house for 11-12 years, and some websites STILL try to tell me I put my city in wrong.

PatrThom

PatrThom

some websites STILL try to tell me I put my city in wrong.
Most forms will autocorrect your city once you enter your ZIP, but in my case, it was that the form software would just up and say, “Ha ha funny joke no really now enter a REAL ZIP Code” making it so I literally could not enter my correct address, and the letter I got from the USPS explicitly told me that any mail after a certain date still using the old ZIP would run the risk of being misrouted.

—Patrick

Anonymous

@Dei , just checking to see if you got the package last weekend as the delivery info says.

Anonymous

@Far, your package is now in Richmond, BC and the new delivery date is December 17th. Canada Post tracking number is 4010465010728538. Hopefully, you'll get it before December 20th.
@Far, is this true or is Canada Post messing with me?

Delivery Attempted
Canada Post tried to deliver your package
Please look for a notice of attempted delivery or contact the carrier for the next steps.

Far

Far

@Far, is this true or is Canada Post messing with me?

Delivery Attempted
Canada Post tried to deliver your package
Please look for a notice of attempted delivery or contact the carrier for the next steps.
No notice left.

They've been doing this a lot lately. It typically shows up the next day with the original date written on it. They don't ever actually attempt delivery either initially, just say they left the notice then it doesn't show until the next day. Will see after work today.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, I went back and looked, and apparently I put the wrong zip code on LAST year too. But stuff found its way to me, so it should be all good. I fixed it for next year.

(I accidentally swapped my home zip code for my work zip code, and I have the stuff delivered to work)

Dei

Dei

@Dei , just checking to see if you got the package last weekend as the delivery info says.
I did, I even played one of the games with my daughter already, I just keep forgetting to post pics.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well, I went back and looked, and apparently I put the wrong zip code on LAST year too. But stuff found its way to me, so it should be all good. I fixed it for next year.

(I accidentally swapped my home zip code for my work zip code, and I have the stuff delivered to work)
I checked the USPS site all the way back to Aug 2017 but didn’t see any changes. Thanks for clearing that up.

—Patrick

Anonymous

@jwhouk Got a message that your package without a note will arrive on the 21st. Curiously, I have not received a message regarding the package with a note. Will update when I get one.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Nothing has appeared on my porch, so let me know.

Far

Far

Notice is there now, I'll be able to get it tomorrow after work!

Anonymous

@LittleSin : I just received the message that your package was sent and should arrive January 3rd. Don't ask me where this sudden delay comes from..n

Dave

Dave

Merry Christmas New Years!

LittleSin

LittleSin

@LittleSin : I just received the message that your package was sent and should arrive January 3rd. Don't ask me where this sudden delay comes from..n
Aw! At least now I know not to wait with baited breath. :p

Dave

Dave

baited breath
When I was a kid I used to think this meant that you ate worms. And when used in context it never failed to confuse me.

I was not a smart child.

GasBandit

GasBandit

When I was a kid I used to think this meant that you ate worms. And when used in context it never failed to confuse me.

I was not a smart child.
Probably also confusing because the correct term is a homonym, bated breath. As in "abated." Apparently it's another one of those fanciful phrases Shakespeare pulled out of his ass and the English Language just said "YEP THAT'S A THING."

Dave

Dave

Oh I know all about it NOW, but then I did not. Of course, until I was 4 I wanted to be a cat when I grew up. You said I could be anything I wanted, mom! You lied to me!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Of course, until I was 4 I wanted to be a cat when I grew up. You said I could be anything I wanted, mom! You lied to me!
Did she, though?

Did she?

Dave

Dave

That deserves more.

:Leyla::Leyla::Leyla::Leyla::Leyla::Leyla::Leyla:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Probably also confusing because the correct term is a homonym, bated breath. As in "abated." Apparently it's another one of those fanciful phrases Shakespeare pulled out of his ass and the English Language just said "YEP THAT'S A THING."
Look, if @Dave was (mis)using it in his youth, it was clearly already a thing before Shakespeare's time. So that's clearly nonsense.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I was not a smart child.
It was probably made more difficult because it’s also one of the more famous Mork & Mindy quotes:
Mork: [Eugene has just said that he needs to tell him something important] “Well, come on, I'm waiting here with a worm on my tongue.”
Eugene: “Huh?”
Mork: “Baited breath.”
—Patrick

Anonymous

@jwhouk Your package with a note is en route and will arrive on Thursday the 20th.

Dave

Dave

It was probably made more difficult because it’s also one of the more famous Mork & Mindy quotes:

—Patrick
By the time M&M rolled around, I was past that phase, TYVM.

Bubble181

Bubble181

By the time M&M rolled around, I was past that phase, TYVM.
Well, yes, you were of retirement age :p

...fine, fine, I'll give it a rest again.

Emrys

Emrys

@Denbrought, I got my Secret Santa package. They are all so wonderful! I was having teeth races in the kitchen.

I'll post pictures and/or videos very, very soon.

You are awesome! Thank you so much. <hugs>

Emrys

Emrys

Well, yes, you were of retirement age :p

...fine, fine, I'll give it a rest again.
You. Corner. Now.

Far

Far

"For me?"
20181218_200757.jpg

I'd been meaning to pick those copies of Scott Pilgrim for so long! Honestly, thank you! I've only just cracked open the Marvel Encyclopedia but I am definitely gonna to spend hours pouring over it. Thanks!!
20181218_184615.jpg

Ezra approves too. Thank you so much again @Emrys
20181218_200859.jpg

Bubble181

Bubble181

You. Corner. Now.
Hey, I didn't claim he predated the English language! I thought I was being good!

jwhouk

jwhouk

A package appeared on my doorstep this afternoon with note! I will try to post pics when part two arrives!

jwhouk

jwhouk

And the other gift has arrived via Snail Mail!

Lindt Truffles and Star Trek Command Socks! Thanks @Wahad !

PatrThom

PatrThom

Lindt for now, lint for later.

--Patrick

Wahad

Wahad

Glad you like it! The socks only came in one size, so I hope they fit.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The package from singapore got here today. I'll hold off opening it till the other one gets here.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Aaand the other package got here. I am anxious to get home, now!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Aaand the other package got here. I am anxious to get home, now!
Isn't that every Friday, though?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Isn't that every Friday, though?

--Patrick
Even moreso this time, for sure.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Screw it, I live dangerously and I open NSFW gifts at work!

Yes, indeedy, I immediately recognized the return address as somewhere I'd been before :D

First up in the big box was this tasty little cupcake plushy from Pit People (complete with frosting flinging backpack), ready to give of himself to keep me and anyone else on my team alive.

Nibbles will surely enjoy this. Merry Christmas ya filthy animal.

And the final item in the box was this cute framed SD-artwork of Albedo from Overlord. After all, every evil mastermind needs to have an adoring (and dangerous) sycophant, right?

And that brings us to the tube, postmarked from Singapore, which I was specifically warned NOT to open whilst at work. But as I said, I live dangerously (and when do I ever listen to anything Dei tells me, right?).

First shook out was this D.Va and Mei postcard...

Well, now I am REALLY interested, so here....

Whup, ok, yep, that's... That's going home in the tube. But here's as much as I can show outside the NSFW forum!

Mercy, Mercy, Me. :D

Thanks much for the swag, Santa Dei! Well chosen.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Whup, ok, yep, that's... That's going home in the tube. But here's as much as I can show outside the NSFW forum!

Mercy, Mercy, Me. :D

Thanks much for the swag, Santa Dei! Well chosen.

He says, not posting anything in the NSFW forum. Pfeh!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yeah, “Not afraid to NSFW at work,” my sweet patoot!

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Before I take a picture of the whole thing, I need to put it under something heavy and flat for a while. Its time in the tube means I can't keep it uncurled with only one hand (the other hand being on the camera).

Dei

Dei

Yeah, “Not afraid to NSFW at work,” my sweet patoot!

—Patrick
Here's a bigger (still censored) preview +probably still NSFW

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I can't keep it uncurled with only one hand (the other hand being
This is as far as I read.

Dei

Dei

So I got really distracted and never got around to posting my secret Santa gifts, but here they are!

IMG_20181221_191625.jpg

My daughter and I have been playing a bunch of Unstable Unicorns already. Thanks secret Santa!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Pharmacy FTW!

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Pharmacy FTW!

--Patrick
It does not escape me that the characters depicted were Dei and Terrik's mains when we were playing Overwatch.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

So I got really distracted and never got around to posting my secret Santa gifts, but here they are!

View attachment 28297

My daughter and I have been playing a bunch of Unstable Unicorns already. Thanks secret Santa!
Glad you liked them! I just went off reviews of Unstable Unicorns when I picked it, sounded fun.
Phase 10 has a long history in our family, many, many decks have been purchased. Usually after a losing streak by someone and the current deck being destroyed in some manner, usually burning.
Mille Borne is a game we were introduced to while I was in the Military, lots of fun has been had while playing.

Merry Christmas! (now I gotta get back to packing boxes for the move)

Dei

Dei

It does not escape me that the characters depicted were Dei and Terrik's mains when we were playing Overwatch.
You know, I told @Terrik about it after I bought it, and I am AMAZED he did not ruin the surprise when he met up with you.

The other thing that amuses me somewhat is that the USPS package was actually 2 days late getting delivered, but it seemed to work out perfectly, so good job with the accidental perfect timing USPS. :p

Terrik

Terrik

You know, I told @Terrik about it after I bought it, and I am AMAZED he did not ruin the surprise when he met up with you.
I almost did, and I can't believe he didn't put 2 + 2 together.

We were actually talking about the secret santa, and he said his was on the way, and without thinking, I offhandedly said I already knew what it was. Well *I* was AMAZED his follow up question was not "And you know this, how?"

Dei

Dei

We were actually talking about the secret santa, and he said his was on the way, and without thinking, I offhandedly said I already knew what it was. Well *I* was AMAZED his follow up question was not "And you know this, how?"
:ninja:

GasBandit

GasBandit

I thought you were just being your usual smartass self.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I thought you were just being your usual smartass self.
Given the history of smugness(?), I would’ve thought the same!

—Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Not at all wanting to rush people or being pushy, I am sort of wondering if my SS could give an update, if things have been sent and are somewhere in transit or whatever? I know international shipping means I might not get it any time soon, but I'm curious ☺

Tress

Tress

Not at all wanting to rush people or being pushy, I am sort of wondering if my SS could give an update, if things have been sent and are somewhere in transit or whatever? I know international shipping means I might not get it any time soon, but I'm curious ☺
I’ve sent a PM to your SS. Hopefully they will either update you anonymously or send me info.

Anyone else not get their gift, or not get a status update?

LittleSin

LittleSin

I was told mine would get here on the third but I'm wondering, now that Canada Post kinda has their shit together, if there's any change to that? :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

I was told mine would get here on the third but I'm wondering, now that Canada Post kinda has their shit together, if there's any change to that? :)
If the status of my gift is any indication, I wouldn't hold your breath.

--Patrick

LittleSin

LittleSin

If the status of my gift is any indication, I wouldn't hold your breath.

--Patrick
Aw poop.

Anonymous

Tracking claims it was delivered to your door the 24th! Canada post tracking id 4007693288061460

LittleSin

LittleSin

So, December 24th is apparently the same as December 30th according to canada post. :p

This may seem boring to some but it was super exciting to me. Leather bound, beautiful copies of choice books for my collection!

I couldn't identify by Secret Santa by their humor but I could identify them by their Belgium-ness. :p So, unless I am mistaken, thanks @Bubble181 !!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hope you enjoy them! Sorry I wasn't in a position to do something more original or Cthulhu-related

LittleSin

LittleSin

Hope you enjoy them! Sorry I wasn't in a position to do something more original or Cthulhu-related
I mean, books are always good. The delight I feel in getting books is indescribable.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Looking at the list so far, we're still waiting on:
Gifts sent to PatrThom, Cog, Chad, CeltZ and me
Gifts sent from PatrThom, Dave, jwhouk, Chad, Dirona, and evilmike.

With the caveat that evilmike did say he received things, but not who from, and that I might have missed a post or two somewhere.
I'm sure PatrThom's just been working 26 hours a day again, and simply hasn't posted if he's received something...But has anyone heard from Chad Sexington in the last days/weeks? It's a bad time of year and his not posting around here at all has me somewhat worried.

jwhouk

jwhouk

@Celt Z already posted her pics of her gift from me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

.But has anyone heard from Chad Sexington in the last days/weeks? It's a bad time of year and his not posting around here at all has me somewhat worried.
At the very least, he logged in yesterday at 10:21 am.

Dave

Dave

One of my gifts had been received. Was the second not?

edit: According to package tracking mine were both delivered.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Looking at the list so far, we're still waiting on:
Gifts sent to PatrThom, Cog, Chad, CeltZ and me
Gifts sent from PatrThom, Dave, jwhouk, Chad, Dirona, and evilmike.
[...]
I'm sure PatrThom's just been working 26 hours a day again, and simply hasn't posted if he's received something
I have so far received 1 of 2. The US->US one arrived quite a while ago, I am just waiting on the second to arrive (Thanks, Canada Post!) OR for that vendor to respond to my query with an explanation or a tracking number. I WAS going to post what I have, but the day I was going to do that ended up being the day I had to shop with my son for > 4 straight hours.
Gifts sent FROM me have already been received and acknowledged in this thread.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

Thank you, Santa, part 2!
halforums secret santa-02.jpg

Anonymous

You're welcome!

I mean, Ho ho ho!

evilmike

evilmike

I'm sure PatrThom's just been working 26 hours a day again, and simply hasn't posted if he's received something
Not to mention that killer commute to Bajor and back every day.

Dirona

Dirona

I mailed mine out fairly early, but... Canada Post and international shipping don't necessarily mix well.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I mailed mine out fairly early, but... Canada Post and international shipping don't necessarily mix well.
Once again, your avatar is so fitting.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Not to mention that killer commute to Bajor and back every day.
Or Mars plus* the one-hour commute time.

—Patrick
*autocorrect actually tried to make this “Mars Plus” and this makes me happy that autocorrect must know who Frederik Pohl is.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey, so, a month later....Still missing some pictures of some gifts, folks :p

Also, at least one name of a board member to be tied down and forced to listen to political ads until their heads explodes, since I didn't get anything this year....Admittedly, maybe I've just been bad this year?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Just as an update, gift 1/2 sits aging, waiting for its companion to arrive.
Gift 2/2 says it is coming from Canada, where their post office has been on strike, our weather here halted all deliveries for almost a week, and when the shipper finally responded to queries it was to reply that the temp crew they hired on to handle the holiday deliveries basically didn’t show up, and so the entire holiday load sat unshipped until the owner returned in early January.

I still hold out hope that the second gift will arrive in time for me to open them both together, and not have to two-stage it, though yes we are coming up on the 60-day mark since the order was placed.

—Patrick

Tress

Tress

Hey, so, a month later....Still missing some pictures of some gifts, folks :p

Also, at least one name of a board member to be tied down and forced to listen to political ads until their heads explodes, since I didn't get anything this year....Admittedly, maybe I've just been bad this year?
Your Secret Santa was @Chad Sexington . He hasn't shown up since signing up to do this. I have sent him numerous PMs and gotten nothing. Unless @Dave has any other ideas, I don't know how to get a hold of him.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Your Secret Santa was @Chad Sexington . He hasn't shown up since signing up to do this. I have sent him numerous PMs and gotten nothing. Unless @Dave has any other ideas, I don't know how to get a hold of him.
I have his phone number, e-mail, and real name as part of the Emergency Contact initiative that came about last year. Should I PM them to you?

Bubble181

Bubble181

I figured he was, which is why I asked after him, and was glad he'd signed in since, even if it was as a lurker.

Tress

Tress

I have his phone number, e-mail, and real name as part of the Emergency Contact initiative that came about last year. Should I PM them to you?
I have most of that as well. I wasn't sure if I would be overstepping my bounds. I will try his personal email, but I think calling him would be crossing a line.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I have most of that as well. I wasn't sure if I would be overstepping my bounds. I will try his personal email, but I think calling him would be crossing a line.
Well, yeah. I'm not that bothered to not have gotten a gift that I want you to go stalk/bother someone IRL :p
We might have to make him listen to the whole Superbowl halftime show, though.

Dave

Dave

Maybe he had an economic issue. Shit happens.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Eh that's no excuse to not give a quick "sorry I can't do it because..."

I just hope he's ok given his past issues.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I just hope he's ok given his past issues.
This. I'm kinda wondering if it might not be time for a "wellness check" or something of the sort.

Bubble181

Bubble181

This. I'm kinda wondering if it might not be time for a "wellness check" or something of the sort.
Which is what I intended my earlier question to be, but you confirmed he still logged on. I really do care more for his well-being than for some random gift, I assure you ;)

Emrys

Emrys

Which is what I intended my earlier question to be, but you confirmed he still logged on. I really do care more for his well-being than for some random gift, I assure you ;)
I'll send you a gift! Mwahahahahahaha!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Emrys

Emrys

Bubble181

Bubble181

...I'm sure an angry Doomweasel is way over the recommended budget. Also, that they'd be somewhat miffed after six weeks at sea to get here.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Eh that's no excuse to not give a quick "sorry I can't do it because..."
Pride has made people do stuff that’s even harder to believe. As someone who has suffered from that malady plenty of times, I assure you that the “I’ll just not say anything at all until I’m ready” option can be very appealing, even in the face of logic.

Also re: my 2/2, it is listed as having shipped Jan20, but due to weather/customs I’m more than willing to extend the waiting period.

—Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

WELL...

First of all, this would've been up a lot sooner if gift #2 hadn't waited until MARCH to actually arrive. But here they are! (were? The pics were all taken Mar 1st)
001.jpg

Since it's been nearly 3 months on top of that, let's just Escher our way right into the first one (the one that came on time), shall we?
002.jpg

Hmm, well at least it looks like it came to the right place.
003.jpg

That's...a lot of "unimportant" words on a very mauve piece of paper to tell me about my new...Klein Bottle!
Yes, this definitely qualifies as a “geeky” gift, and it’s something I’ve debated adding to my knick-knack cabinet off and on since college. But wait, there’s more papers...
004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

I tellya, this gift’s got layers...but only one surface! Ha! Little bit of topological humor, there.
007.jpg

At least half the gift is these papers and the history behind this object. Even the Wikipedia page for the clearly insane passionate proprietor of the Klein bottle store is all kinds of geekery. I mean, look at this:
He stores his [Klein bottle] inventory in the crawlspace underneath his home and accesses it when needed with a homemade miniature robotic forklift.
See? This is obviously a guy I can look up to as a role model.

...but what about the other package? The one that took forever to finally arrive? It appears to be... Tea!
008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

A close-up of the two packets:
011.jpg

Let’s load up my teacup diffuser (heh) with the spiced one and give it a snort, shall we?
012.jpg

013b.jpg

And then of course that classic tea pose. Also beard, because it was still February when this photo was taken.
Also eyes and color balance askew because it's hard to take a good picture in your bathroom mirror.
014.jpg

Gotta say the Wolfe's flavor is not as aggressively spiced as I had hoped, but it's still tasty. The Moriartea one, though? Its taste really does evoke upholstered chairs, books, and a brick fireplace surrounded by various mechanical brass curiosities.

Well there ya go, secret Santa (and all you viewers at home), sorry to keep y'all waiting so long.

--Patrick