Export thread

HF Secret Santa 2017 - Fashionably Late Edition

Tress

Tress

Hello everyone! I have been busy with work and personal life so much that I literally forgot to set all this up. For that, I am very sorry. I think we still have enough time to pull it off, so let's give it a go!

What is it?
It's a Secret Santa between your fellow halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • To sign up, send me a PM with your email address, shipping address, and any gift rules/restrictions. Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts). Also, please specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally.
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so when you sign up. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - I'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case. So far we've always been able to match everyone that wanted to participate and meet their shipping requirements.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
  • Who can sign up?
    To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than April 15, 2017 with more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate (for obvious reasons). If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to Dave so there may be exceptions, but his final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you. This goes for those who may be disincluded as well.
  • The deadline for signing up will be November 30th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent an email or PM shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for.
  • Recommended gift value is $5 to $25. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food please).
  • ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS SENT IS DECEMBER 15th! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY DECEMBER 15th WILL BE TIED DOWN AND LEFT TO BURN IN THE FIRE-RAVAGED CALIFORNIA COUNTRYSIDE. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not CERTAIN you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
  • Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
  • You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
  • UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS. Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol, so when in doubt, choose another gift.
  • CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping.
  • SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and ship your stuff by Dec 15th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
As people sign up, I will post a list showing their names. When we move on to the next step, I'll be sure to update that too.

The names so far...
  1. Tinwhistler
  2. steinman
  3. Dei
  4. Dave
  5. blotsfan
  6. GasBandit
  7. Hylian
  8. Emrys
  9. Chad Sexington
  10. klew
  11. Bubble181
  12. LittleSin
  13. Officer_Charon
  14. Dirona
  15. PatrThom
  16. evilmike
  17. Celt Z

strawman

strawman

:minionhappy:

Terrik

Terrik

Was wondering about this.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sure.

Dave

Dave

I'm in, but I'll be spending considerably less this year thanks to moving expenses. So if I get matched with you...sorry.

LittleSin

LittleSin

...am I allowed to join? I've missed doing this.

Cog

Cog

I've already received the greatest gift from all of you this year. Thank you again. Money is still tight so I won't be able to participate this year.

Dave

Dave

I've already received the greatest gift from all of you this year. Thank you again. Money is still tight so I won't be able to participate this year.
No worries, man. We completely understand.[DOUBLEPOST=1511360758,1511360738][/DOUBLEPOST]
...am I allowed to join? I've missed doing this.
And of course you're allowed. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

LittleSin

LittleSin

And of course you're allowed. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
Wooooooo!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm in.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Man, I would so love to participate this year but it's going to be tough enough to afford presents for family so I will have to bow out. Been hanging out here for more than 10 years so just know that I love you guys and everybody gets the present of my continued participation in our shared corner of the interwebs.

Hylian

Hylian

I am in :)

Emrys

Emrys

Everyone gets weasels from me this year.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I'm in.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm in.

So long as I don't get Blotsfan again. I'm out of ideas for him ;)

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Also, whoever gets a gift from me had better post pics. I think 2/3 times I've participated, the person hasn't posted :(

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm going to have to bow out this year. I'm not going to be home for Christmas, and 'net connecting might be spotty.

klew

klew

I'm in, and already have the gift ready, since it is an awesome one.

strawman

strawman

I'm in, and already have the gift ready, since it is an awesome one.
Any amazon product with the review, "As UPS discretely unloaded my 55 gallon drum, the driver accidentally spilled it into my driveway. Any amount of cars can now fit into the garage." is bound to please its recipient.

Who doesn't need more garage space?

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm in.

So long as I don't get Blotsfan again. I'm out of ideas for him ;)
Seriously. 2/3 years I've done it and you've given me my gift (and I don't know the other year so that might be you too).

Tress

Tress

Remember, you’re not really “in” until you send me a PM with your info. If you’ve sent it before in previous years, please just copy & paste it into a new PM. It helps me stay organized if I can get a PM from each participant.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Remember, you’re not really “in” until you send me a PM with your info. If you’ve sent it before in previous years, please just copy & paste it into a new PM. It helps me stay organized if I can get a PM from each participant.
What info do you need?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

What info do you need?
Name, address, gift-spirational ideas, blood of a virgin orphan no older than 12 years, 4 months.

The usual.

strawman

strawman

What info do you need?
Send a PM to tress with the following:

• email address
  • shipping address
  • any gift rules/restrictions (specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts))
  • specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally

Bubble181

Bubble181

Name, address, gift-spirational ideas, blood of a virgin orphan no older than 12 years, 4 months.

The usual.
FOUR months?! Are you sure? Well nuts, off by a month. Now where am I going to find another one this short notice?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

FYI to everyone, there's a good chance UPS workers will be going on strike sometime next month, so get your shipping in ASAP once Tress sends out the info.

Dirona

Dirona

Squeee! PM sent!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'm on this, too.

Emrys

Emrys

As always, I'm damn easy to shop for. Just answer "yes" to one of the following questions:

Does it have anything to do with ferrets/weasels/Mustelidae in general?
Does it have anything to do with Lovecraft?
Does it have anything to do with MST3K?
Does it have anything to do with Shakespeare?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above, I will love you forever and you will be spared from The Scampering.

strawman

strawman

So what you want is a lovecraftian version of a Shakespeare play with ferrets playing the main parts set as a torture for the mst3k crew?

Emrys

Emrys

So what you want is a lovecraftian version of a Shakespeare play with ferrets playing the main parts set as a torture for the mst3k crew?
<squeee!> Are you my secret Santa?! :heart:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm not, but the perfect gift did immediately come to mind. :D

strawman

strawman

Assignments haven't been made, but I already know what I'm getting for my recipient:

:rofl:

Tress

Tress

The deadline for signing up is 11:59 PST on Thursday. We've got 14, and we would love to have more!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Assignments haven't been made, but I already know what I'm getting for my recipient:

:rofl:
I'm bald and couldn't use that, so please don't send me that.

strawman

strawman

I'm bald and couldn't use that, so please don't send me that.
I’ll throw in a bonus superglue, just for you!

GasBandit

GasBandit

It would serve as a Merkin, if absolutely necessary.

Emrys

Emrys

I'm not, but the perfect gift did immediately come to mind. :D
Do tell. :unibrow:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Blu Ray of Ian McKellen's Richard III. :oops:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Squeaking in under the deadline, but now that I've finally posted last year's pics, I'd like to participate again.
...if you'll have me.

--Patrick

Tress

Tress

That’s 15. Anyone else? We still have time to sign up!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Squeaking in under the wire!

I've been so swamped lately I didn't think I'd have time, but Mr. Z was right; I'd miss it too much if I didn't join in.

Tress

Tress

Alright. Yesterday was a bit of nightmare, so I didn't get to the assignments like I wanted. However, they are going out now! Everyone should have their Secret Santa giftee in the next hour.

Tress

Tress

All assignments should be out. If you signed up but I didn't send you a PM with info, let me know right away.

If you have a problem with the person you got, let me know and I will help however I can. If you have a question or you're truly lost, let me know and I will ask on your behalf to get any info you need.

And remember, let's try to get everything shipped by the 15th!

Anonymous

Boom chaka laka

@Dirona your gift is on its way. Should arrive before the 15th, if all goes well.

Dei

Dei

Manbun inc?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Boom chaka laka

@Dirona your gift is on its way. Should arrive before the 15th, if all goes well.
Either someone got exactly who they were hoping for, or had a plan for multiple Halforum peeps to already have the gift selected and shipped. Well done whoever you are.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Plot twist: @Eriol got her.

Eriol

Eriol

Plot twist: @Eriol got her.
I've actually been torturing her via having gifts for her wrapped up since October, but out of reach enough (I'm really f'n tall) that it would be a pain to try and shake them to see what they are. So she can see wrapped presents, but has no idea what they are.

Dei

Dei

I've actually been torturing her via having gifts for her wrapped up since October, but out of reach enough (I'm really f'n tall) that it would be a pain to try and shake them to see what they are. So she can see wrapped presents, but has no idea what they are.
Eeeeeeevil.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Do they have taskrabbit where you are? Couldn't cost too much to hire someone to take something off of a high shelf.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Dear Secret Santa,

My amazon wishlist is a catch all of shit I like on the internet. I basically store shit I wanna get when I'm 'rich' there. :p Please don't think I'm crazy/greedy.

Love,
Hel.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@evilmike Two boxes from amazon, Dec 12, Dec 13. If neither are moving or whimpering, please open immediately and feed/water @HCGLNS contained within.

This account is for those who want to be super secret - if your recipient is an admin anonymous posts aren't anonymous:

1. Using incognito mode go to simpleproxy.net then type halforums.com into the box, click 'Now go'
2. Sign in to halforums username: "Secret Santa" password: "keepmysecret"
3. Please to not be abusing this account.
4. !!!LOG OUT!!! System may do weird things if people are logged into this account at the same time, so use it quickly and log out asap.

Anonymous

@Hylian I'd like to make you a dress or a skirt, but I'd also really want measurements to make sure of a good fit. If that's not something you'd want to post publicly I can break my secret Santa-ness over PMs. :)

Anonymous

@Celt Z
Ho Ho Ho. Your delivery should come in two parts. One should arrive Wednesday, Dec 6th, the other between the 7th and 12th. The second one might not have any identifying documentation with it, so if you find yourself thinking "Where the hell did this thing come from?" when he arrives next weekend, then remember your Secret Santa. Hope it's not too... off the wall.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't know how you guys are sending things so fast. The big reason I don't participate in this is I super-suck at coming up with things to get people. You guys are impressive!

Dave

Dave

I have no idea what to get my person yet. I know all about them, but I think they already have everything they want/need.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't know how you guys are sending things so fast. The big reason I don't participate in this is I super-suck at coming up with things to get people. You guys are impressive!
We have a lot of pent-up generosity.

—Patrick

strawman

strawman

I feel this way too. I spend an hour or two searching the forum and seeing what they post about, then I cross my fingers and make sure the gifts come with gift receipts in case I duplicate something or plain get it wrong.

This year I've got someone that is hard to stalk that way, sooo... clip on manbun it is!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Get two and go as Prince Leia.

—Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I forget to put it in my email every year...

But whoever gets me, I have a wishlist on Amazon
http://a.co/fWWAdYj

Anonymous

@klew, I'm klewless about what to get you for Secret Santa so how about a hint?

Anonymous

@Officer_Charon : You have been Santa'd! Expect a box or two coming your way next week.

Anonymous

Either someone got exactly who they were hoping for, or had a plan for multiple Halforum peeps to already have the gift selected and shipped. Well done whoever you are.
I'm just really good at stalking, and happened to check my email the instant the halforums notification went thru.

Hylian

Hylian

@Hylian I'd like to make you a dress or a skirt, but I'd also really want measurements to make sure of a good fit. If that's not something you'd want to post publicly I can break my secret Santa-ness over PMs. :)

What all measurements do you need?

klew

klew

@klew, I'm klewless about what to get you for Secret Santa so how about a hint?
I've been looking at Teeturtle stuff lately, not much on wearables other than t-shirts (men's XL preferred) and tend to enjoy desktop toys and small nature/reference books.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm just really good at stalking, and happened to check my email the instant the halforums notification went thru.
I guess I'm just too polite and sociable to be good at gift-giving. :awesome:

Anonymous

What all measurements do you need?
Cup size (preferred one if you pad your chest)
Bust measurement
Hip measurement
Torso length (or, more accurately, length from top of bust to your belly button)

Or if you'd prefer a skirt, length from hips to floor and waist/hip measurement.

Hylian

Hylian

Cup size (preferred one if you pad your chest)
Bust measurement
Hip measurement
Torso length (or, more accurately, length from top of bust to your belly button)

Or if you'd prefer a skirt, length from hips to floor and waist/hip measurement.
(in inches)

Cup size: C
Band: 42
Bust: 47
Waist: 44
Hip: 47
Torso: 13

Things are still changing from hormones but as of now these are my measurements. If you need anything else just let me know :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Just to clarify, because we've already had that problem before...these are all measurements in inches, right?
(not your SS, just want to avoid potential problems)

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

Well it would be really small if it were centimeters.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Just to clarify, because we've already had that problem before...these are all measurements in inches, right?

--Patrick
A 13cm waist would be..problematic

Hylian

Hylian

--Patrick
Yes they are in inches, lol :)

Tress

Tress

Yes they are in inches, lol :)
Not meters? Not leagues? Not furlongs? Not parsecs?

PatrThom

PatrThom

A 13cm waist would be..problematic
That's the torso measurement, not the waist.
...but I thought the same thing, at first.

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Officer_Charon ; Amazon done f'ed up and is sending your gifts on seperate days. Expect boxes on the 5th and 6th.

Tress

Tress

@Officer_Charon ; Amazon done f'ed up and is sending your gifts on seperate days. Expect boxes on the 5th and 6th.
Repeating for @Officer_Charon so he gets the message... if I remember correctly tagging doesn’t work in anonymous posts.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I think that's been fixed... because I received both tags. I'm embarrassed to be getting more than 1!

Anonymous

@Emrys : if one were to buy you something t-shirt-like, what size would you prefer?

Anonymous

@Chad Sexington

Do you have an amazon wishlist, dude? Be kind to your secret Santa, my buddy. I could really use it, my pal.

Doomweasel minion

Doomweasel minion

@Emrys : if one were to buy you something t-shirt-like, what size would you prefer?
Oooo, I can answer this one! She wants... um... oooo, look! Shiny!

What was the question again?

Oh yeah, Mom likes t-shirts that she can carry all 10 of us in so XL please. 2XL if they run small.

Anonymous

@PatrThom, do you have a wish list or anything that could help me narrow it down so I don't get you something you already have or that you hate?

Anonymous

@klew, your gifts are on their way. There will be two separate boxes and will hopefully make sense once you get them both. I hope you enjoy them.

Anonymous

@blotsfan gifties should arrive Dec. 8-12 over two shipments.

PatrThom

PatrThom

@PatrThom, do you have a wish list or anything that could help me narrow it down so I don't get you something you already have or that you hate?
I don’t, and my wife hates me for it. You might take a look back through the previous Santa threads for some ideas. But if you’re still stuck, then consider gifting something that you thought was so amazing that you felt like you had to share it with someone else. Just keep in mind that I probably don’t need any computer stuff, don’t currently have time for books/movies (which sucks btw!), and I have a wife and kid, so no stained-glass “Budweiser” chandelier, please.

If this doesn’t get your gift-giving juices flowing, page me again and I’ll see if I can’t help narrow it down some more.

—Patrick

Anonymous

@PatrThom I went on a limb and I hope you like your gift!

It should arrive on Wednesday :D

strawman

strawman

@PatrThom sounds like he got you something that hangs from a tree.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I’m hoping it’s an extra arm.
I’ve always said how much I could use one.

—Patrick

strawman

strawman

I’m hoping it’s an extra arm.
I’ve always said how much I could use one.

—Patrick
I dunno, that sounds like a lot of trouble. Where would you attach it? Would you have to modify your entire wardrobe? Would it impede certain activities based on its location?

Anonymous

@stienman if one were looking into food-based gifts, are there any allergies that need to be known for either you or your spawn?

PatrThom

PatrThom

I dunno, that sounds like a lot of trouble. Where would you attach it? Would you have to modify your entire wardrobe? Would it impede certain activities based on its location?
One thing’s for sure, it would enable me to tell someone else to leave me alone 50% more emphatically.

—Patrick

strawman

strawman

One thing’s for sure, it would enable me to tell someone else to leave me alone 50% more emphatically.

—Patrick
You should learn how to use your feet for that as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1512434779,1512434733][/DOUBLEPOST]
@stienman if one were looking into food-based gifts, are there any allergies that need to be known for either you or your spawn?
We have no known food allergies.

Anonymous

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

@Chad Sexington

Do you have an amazon wishlist, dude? Be kind to your secret Santa, my buddy. I could really use it, my pal.
It's basically books and board games. @Tress since this is a reply to an anonymous post, could you perhaps forward this link along to my Secret Santa? http://a.co/7fEqc2d

CHRISTMAS AWAY

Tress

Tress

It's basically books and board games. @Tress since this is a reply to an anonymous post, could you perhaps forward this link along to my Secret Santa? http://a.co/7fEqc2d

CHRISTMAS AWAY
Done.

Anonymous

To @Dei,
your secret santa gift
was brought to the post office today.
By now, it's on the way to you,
gonna see it by Saturday.

Anonymous

@Dave

You should be receiving two packages.
A little worried because Amazon Prime's otherwise 2-day shipping says they will be delivered...by Dec 18th? As in, 12 days from now?
What, do you live in a cave atop a mountain behind a waterfall or something? Actually, don't answer that.
Going ahead with the order just in case they are generously underestimating their shipping time but will update. Please to be keeping us updated as well.

Anonymous

@Celt Z

The first part is on/near your front door/porch.

Last part still estimated anywhere from 12/7 thru 12/12.

Celt Z

Celt Z

@Celt Z

The first part is on/near your front door/porch.

Last part still estimated anywhere from 12/7 thru 12/12.
There's more than the two boxes?

It seems I've been a good girl this year...

Anonymous

There's more than the two boxes?

It seems I've been a good girl this year...
Yes. I have no idea why they decided to put the thing they put in a second box in a second box. I didn't think it was of sufficient size to merit one.

Anonymous

@Tinwhistler

Your stuff is on the way. Should be there about December 8. I used your Amazon wishlist but feel bad it couldn't be more or more personal. Once this is all over you'll understand why.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Well, nuts. I had my photos ready and everything! Thanks Amazon, I guess I'll have to be, ugh, patient...

Anonymous

Well, nuts. I had my photos ready and everything! Thanks Amazon, I guess I'll have to be, ugh, patient...
I know! That's rough on us both! Dumb ol' amazon. It'd have almost been better if they'd just held everything back so it all came at once.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

@Tinwhistler

Your stuff is on the way. Should be there about December 8. I used your Amazon wishlist but feel bad it couldn't be more or more personal. Once this is all over you'll understand why.
Anything you sent will be fine..

Don't tell me...blotsfan got me this year ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Here I shall lend credence to Matthew 20:16.

01box.jpg

A box! A box has arrived. What's in it?

02open.jpg

Another box! This one has a picture on it. "Out on a limb," eh? I guess I know what we were getting at.
The note said:
Hello PatrThom, I hope you enjoy your
gift :) From your Halforums Secret Santa
Hmm, the corner is dented, I hope nothing bad has happened to it.

03conceal.jpg

Nope! Plenty of foam padding ensures that even aggressive shipping and handling bring the contents no harm.
Seems there are three possibilities as to what is inside the box. Which one is inside those foam bricks?
Wellllll.....

04reveal.jpg

...it's the Dragon! Cranky is going to be jealous. He's by far the biggest dragon lover in this household. Has been for decades.
Well, I guess that means the "limb" comment isn't as relevant as I originally thought.

Let's see it without all the messy packaging, shall we?
05display.jpg

The resin makes the base juuuuuust a bit wobbly, but the interior claims to be stainless steel, so it should be food-safe. Probably not dishwasher-safe, though. Not really a problem, since this is unlikely to be my daily driver, but I'll make sure not to use it with, say, cider or balsamic vinegar.

For now, it will go on the shelf next to our wedding glasses, the ones we used to toast the assemblage during our reception:
06cocups.jpg

Cranky's away on vacation to visit family. My first draughts from it will no doubt be of his envy.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

The resin makes the base juuuuuust a bit wobbly
Put some sandpaper on a table and rub the bottom on it until it doesn't wobble.

If you want to do a better job, rub chalk on paper to coat it, put it on a flat surface, then rub the base of the cup along that. Turn the cup over and you'll have chalk on the "high" spots of resin. A little hand sanding in only those areas will better preserve the cup. Repeat until the chalk only appears on three spots, or over the surface, so it no longer wobbles.

Dave

Dave

@Dave

You should be receiving two packages.
A little worried because Amazon Prime's otherwise 2-day shipping says they will be delivered...by Dec 18th? As in, 12 days from now?
What, do you live in a cave atop a mountain behind a waterfall or something? Actually, don't answer that.
Going ahead with the order just in case they are generously underestimating their shipping time but will update. Please to be keeping us updated as well.
Should be very interesting. We move the 16th! Let’s hope the change of address works! :)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Patience paid off!

Now, let's see what we got here...
20171206_165218.jpg
Ooo! I like! And I'm already a few chapters in, since it arrived yesterday.

20171206_131816.jpg
But of course. :D I love the little tiara in the hood.

Now, what's in the next box... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

20171206_165246.jpg

I can't wait to use this, though I don't think Mr. Z approves of his new competition.
20171206_192923.jpg

Day 2, final package arrives and it's... oh... oh my....
20171207_124402.jpg
Merry Christmas and god bless America*! The tough part is going to be fighting Li'l Z for this. "I'm sorry, Mommy needs this in her room for....reasons. Go play and shut the door behind you."

I did read all the notes, even though I didn't post them. Thank you, Santa Bandit!!!:banana:

(*But he's not shirtless! Oh, wait, that's only if Dei was my Secret Santa.)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Put some sandpaper on a table and rub the bottom on it until it doesn't wobble.

If you want to do a better job, rub chalk on paper to coat it, put it on a flat surface, then rub the base of the cup along that. Turn the cup over and you'll have chalk on the "high" spots of resin. A little hand sanding in only those areas will better preserve the cup. Repeat until the chalk only appears on three spots, or over the surface, so it no longer wobbles.
I’ve heard the same advice, but with black crayon. Your method sounds easier to clean up, though.

—Patrick

strawman

strawman

I’ve heard the same advice, but with black crayon. Your method sounds easier to clean up, though.

—Patrick
Dry erase on a plastic or glass surface works too. Lots of things act as marking compounds.

Anonymous

@klew, Amazon says that that one package was delivered today. There is no ETA on the second package but I'm hoping it will arrive around the end of next week. It should make sense once you get both of them (I hope).

blotsfan

blotsfan

@blotsfan gifties should arrive Dec. 8-12 over two shipments.
I'll wait to post, but I got gift one today! :)

Anonymous

@stienman You should be receiving a package on Monday or Tuesday. And you might want to check your email Tuesday as well...

strawman

strawman

:minionhappy:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'll wait to post, but I got gift one today! :)
They weren't from me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1512774369,1512774017][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Tinwhistler

Got a thing today :) It was definitely something I wanted/needed, straight from the wishlist. I have all of these various microsd cards in my office, and I have no idea what's on them (if anything) and I want to clean some off for phone/camera use, and one to stick in the GPS so I can get a bigger map update.

Note doesn't indicate who it's from though.

2017-12-08 18.02.56.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1512774718][/DOUBLEPOST]So, the message said "stuff", which implies more than one thing. My son brought in the mail, and I think "I wonder if he left anything on the porch". Sure enough, there was another box out there!

2017-12-08 18.08.07.jpg

I love books about cooking theory! Recipes are a dime a dozen on the internet, but cooking theory lets you create good food without recipes. Thank you, Secret Santa!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Seconding the cooking theory.
It’s one thing to manufacture chemicals.
It’s something else again to do chemistry.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

You’re welcome, Tin. I’m just sorry I couldn’t do more or be more imaginative. But being out of town and closing on a new home, well, let’s just say that things have been a bit hectic. Merry Christmas, you cooking fool, you!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

There ain't nothing to be sorry for. My wishlist is there for a reason, and there ain't no shame in shopping from it. Everything on there is something I want, but just don't have the urge to buy for myself yet. I totally love both of my gifts. Thanks bunches!

Though, you know, you *could* have gotten me the $500 drone.... ;)

Emrys

Emrys

Though, you know, you *could* have gotten me the $500 drone.... ;)
You haven't been that good.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

You haven't been that good.
Well, maybe not to Dave...

But that's cause he's never visited me ;)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Well, maybe not to Dave...

But that's cause he's never visited me ;)
Hey, I visited you and I didn't get a drone!

I got a nice meal, but that's besides the point!

Emrys

Emrys

Did you have to do the dishes?

Celt Z

Celt Z

Did you have to do the dishes?
Tin, his wife, and I went to a restaurant and remembered our wallets, so no one had to do this dishes that wasn't already being paid to do so. :D

Edit: Unless "doing the dishes" is a new euphemism for :unibrow:, in which case I don't think Callistr..Callstar...Uh, Tin's wife would approve.

Emrys

Emrys

I'm definitely looking for someone to do my dishes. :unibrow:

Seriously, I have just a spoon and a mug left. Any takers? Anyone?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Tin, his wife, and I went to a restaurant and remembered our wallets, so no one had to do this dishes that wasn't already being paid to do so. :D

Edit: Unless "doing the dishes" is a new euphemism for :unibrow:, in which case I don't think Callistr..Callstar...Uh, Tin's wife would approve.
Never know until you ask :unibrow:[DOUBLEPOST=1512791568,1512791432][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm definitely looking for someone to do my dishes. :unibrow:

Seriously, I have just a spoon and a mug left. Any takers? Anyone?
I like to spoon ;)

klew

klew

@klew, Amazon says that that one package was delivered today. There is no ETA on the second package but I'm hoping it will arrive around the end of next week. It should make sense once you get both of them (I hope).
I'll wait for the second to arrive then, more anticipation

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Never know until you ask :unibrow:[DOUBLEPOST=1512791568,1512791432][/DOUBLEPOST]

I like to spoon ;)
Careful, or she'll mug ya.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Also, I have no idea where the pictures went from my initial unboxing... my phone's dementia is apparently progressing. Part 1 was a Sgt Nick Angel from the same figurine collection.

So here's a pic of part 2 from my lovely and talented Secret Santa, @Celt_Z

Thank you so much! Both of the figures are flanking my monitor, and I've gotten cracking on the manga in my COPIOUS free time... but anything featuring Best Seiba is awesome. Thanks!

Emrys

Emrys

Careful, or she'll mug ya.
Hush, you.

Dei

Dei

On my way out the door to see Lindsay Stirling, but I got my gift today and will post pics tomorrow. :)

Anonymous

@Emrys and @Doomweasel minion: your gift has been dispatched. However, I got a couple of things screwed up on the supplier's website, and it ended up getting ordered without a note :(
I'll identify myself when it gets there, sorry for sending a boring old no-name no-joke package.

Doomweasel minion

Doomweasel minion

Alright! I'm getting a box for Christmas! Just what I always wanted!

Anonymous

Just what I always wanted!
Well, could've saved myself 20 bucks I guess.

Emrys

Emrys

Well, could've saved myself 20 bucks I guess.
That's what Doomweasel Minion always wanted. My demands wishes are greater.

Anonymous

@evilmike you should have received two items today.

Amazon was watching.

Amazon is always watching.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Amazon was watching.

rozmazon.jpg

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Dave

The main payload arrives Monday 11th by 8.
The rest waits in Amazon Limbo, still 18th best estimate.
Amazon so flaky, like pie crust.

evilmike

evilmike

@evilmike you should have received two items today.

Amazon was watching.

Items received. Wonderful choices! Will try to get pictures together later in the week.

Anonymous

@Chad Sexington Your gift should be arriving on the 14th!

Anonymous

@klew, Secret Santa Part 2 should be arriving tonight.

Anonymous

@blotsfan according to the Amazons, both pieces should be there now. One claims 'delivered,' the other 'left in mailbox.'

strawman

strawman

@stienman You should be receiving a package on Monday or Tuesday. And you might want to check your email Tuesday as well...
I got an email with a gift card! Very generous, thank you so much!

Dave

Dave

Holy shit, guys! I got home from work today and there was a package waiting for me. And it's HUGE!

2017-12-11 15.48.32.jpg

So I cracked that bad boy open and...well...HOLY SHIT, GUYS! A pressure cooker! I remember you all talking about how awesome they were and how I said I should get me one, but I didn't expect this! Someone went above and beyond.

2017-12-11 15.49.12.jpg 2017-12-11 15.53.37.jpg

Now, because we're moving we also got another gift - two huge boxes, already put together and TOUGH! So really it was 3 presents in one. I can't wait to get to the new house this weekend and fire this bad boy up!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

blotsfan

blotsfan

@blotsfan according to the Amazons, both pieces should be there now. One claims 'delivered,' the other 'left in mailbox.'
Spoilered for size.

So a few days ago I got this:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Which contained these:

IMG_0468.JPG

I promptly wore them to the Bills game, which if you saw any pictures or video, not only did they prove their good-luck capabilities, but they also their abilities to withstand horrible conditions.

Today I got this:
FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Which contained these:
FullSizeRender(2).jpg

The reference book really seems to be surprisingly detailed. From my initial skimming I saw ASCII codes, to temperature conversions, to densities and melting points of all sorts of metals.

I love the Bills lego set! I don't have time to assemble it this minute, but I'll post another pic once I get the chance to assemble it. Thanks Secret Santa!

klew

klew

Commence the unboxing!

The ferret might give away the identity, or be a red herring. Thanks whoever!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Puralator came today with a package from amazon. XD For a moment I was like "SECRET SANTA?"

No.

Just normal stuff I ordered. :p

I can tell the anticipation is going to kill me!

Emrys

Emrys

Commence the unboxing!

The ferret might give away the identity, or be a red herring. Thanks whoever!
No, that's actually a ferret, not a red herring. His name is Javorsky but since he's a ferret, he won't answer to his name, no matter what you call him. He likes tasty chicken snacks and having his ears scritched. Happy holidays.

Anonymous

@stienman it looks like they tried to deliver your gift but didn't so I guess you have to go to the post office. Sorry about that.

strawman

strawman

@stienman it looks like they tried to deliver your gift but didn't so I guess you have to go to the post office. Sorry about that.
The snowstorm prevented USPS deliveries. They didn't even come out. However, to pacify Amazon and others with guaranteed delivery times they mark the deliveries as "attempted but failed". I could complain but I don't blame them for bad weather.

They will deliver them today most likely. I won't have to go to the post office unless something goes really wrong. In the worst weather we end up getting mail every other day, so I expect it'll be the same this time around.

But even if I do, it's no big deal, it's a small town and the PO is between work and home.

Thanks for the update! I'll let you know when it arrives, though I expect you'll still find out before I do (tracking technology has really improved over the decades, let me tell you).

Also, thanks for choosing the nice theater for the gift certificate! We love going there and will put it to good use.

strawman

strawman

77FC92F8-8709-4064-A7CE-804F4CBE189B.jpeg

Thank you @blotsfan ! This looks like a fun game. I’m going over the rules now and will hopefully play it soon.

Thank you so much for this and the theater gift card!

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@GasBandit, first part of your gift is lurking in Amazon limbo. Which, for a bit of a cop-out gift, is somewhat irritating.

Part 2 is pending some freed-up fundage. And should be considerably less of a cop-out, but will definitely not make it by Christmas, proper.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@GasBandit, first part of your gift is lurking in Amazon limbo. Which, for a bit of a cop-out gift, is somewhat irritating.

Part 2 is pending some freed-up fundage. And should be considerably less of a cop-out, but will definitely not make it by Christmas, proper.
Okey Dokey!

Dave

Dave

So weird question for my Secret Santa. Was the second part an iPhone charging cord? Because we got one in the mail today which was (a) earlier than the Monday stated and (b) something nobody ordered here that we know of. And with the other thread talking about Amazon scams, I thought I should ask.[DOUBLEPOST=1513205075,1513205060][/DOUBLEPOST]It does look like a cool and DURABLE cord, though!

Anonymous

So weird question for my Secret Santa. Was the second part an iPhone charging cord? Because we got one in the mail today which was (a) earlier than the Monday stated and (b) something nobody ordered here that we know of. And with the other thread talking about Amazon scams, I thought I should ask
Yes! It said it wasn't coming until Thursday, so I wasn't going to mention it until tonight. It came too early? I guess?
The third item now says it was shipped on the 6th (liars!) but that it will arrive Monday (liars?).
It does look like a cool and DURABLE cord, though!
Didn't it ship with a note? There was supposed to be a note. You should read the note.

Dave

Dave

I have found the note!

"Can be used to tie up a sagging muffler in a pinch."

Very nice! Thanks!

Anonymous

@Chad Sexington Amazon says your gift was delivered yesterday. Any sign of it or am I being lied to?

Dei

Dei

On my way out the door to see Lindsay Stirling, but I got my gift today and will post pics tomorrow. :)
Ok, so I lied, but I still have not reached 2016 @PatrThom levels of lateness, so I'm not doing that bad.

-------

I opened up my gifts to see that I got them from Santa @klew ! Thank you Santa Klew!

I shared the Legos with my daughter but I've been so busy this week they remain unopened.

IMG_20171210_202425.jpg

Some books including a beta reader edition D:

IMG_20171210_202349.jpg

More easily portable board games! This is great because we're going up to the mountains at the end of the month and board games that take up less space in the car are wonderful. :)

IMG_20171210_202228.jpg

I always love getting new dice, both sets are metal, but the d20s are already traitorous and showing a preference for my husband. :eek:

IMG_20171210_180317.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ok, so I lied, but I still have not reached 2016 @PatrThom levels of lateness
I can't believe it! I'm famous!

wazeye.jpg

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Hylian your gift is in the mail, should get there on Monday, USPS.

Anonymous

@droomwereld minion: if you could inform your mistress the package nummer
4715721567937389 of the Canadian postal service is NOT to be destroyed, that would be nice.

Anonymous

Doomweasel minion

Doomweasel minion

@droomwereld minion: if you could inform your mistress the package nummer
4715721567937389 of the Canadian postal service is NOT to be destroyed, that would be nice.
What the dook is a droomwereld minion?!

Can I destroy the package after it has been picked up?

Emrys

Emrys

Can I destroy the package after it has been picked up?
No, you may not. Now behave.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What the dook is a droomwereld minion?!
A lycanthropic mustelid?

--Patrick

Anonymous

No, you may not. Now behave.
Well, that's...actually kind of the point, so they should feel free. Though, of course, you are perfectly in your right to decree differently.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

@Chad Sexington Amazon says your gift was delivered yesterday. Any sign of it or am I being lied to?
It's here! Pics tomorrow!

Anonymous

@Bubble181 IT IS COMING

blotsfan

blotsfan

Spoilered for size.

So a few days ago I got this:
View attachment 26218

Which contained these:

View attachment 26219

I promptly wore them to the Bills game, which if you saw any pictures or video, not only did they prove their good-luck capabilities, but they also their abilities to withstand horrible conditions.

Today I got this:
View attachment 26216

Which contained these:
View attachment 26217

The reference book really seems to be surprisingly detailed. From my initial skimming I saw ASCII codes, to temperature conversions, to densities and melting points of all sorts of metals.

I love the Bills lego set! I don't have time to assemble it this minute, but I'll post another pic once I get the chance to assemble it. Thanks Secret Santa!
Finished!

IMG_0473.JPG

Dirona

Dirona

I got a suspicious package!

It IS my secret santa! Yay!
IMG_20171215_171951.jpg

I do not yet have these, so well done Santa @Tinwhistler
I'm looking forward to getting started on them!

Dei

Dei

View attachment 26269

I loved these books, make sure you read them in order. :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Woot woot!

...Though I wonder why @blotsfan disagrees :confused: did he steal my package out of the mail?!

Dei

Dei

Woot woot!

...Though I wonder why @blotsfan disagrees :confused: did he steal my package out of the mail?!
He must not like your package.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I second @Dei ’s recommendation. The first 4 are the best, but the next 3 are still worth reading. I did not know there was an 8th until just now.

—Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

He must not like your package.
I assure you, my package is likeable. But not meant for him.:unibrow:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

View attachment 26269

I'm so glad that my stalking was effective :) I was taking a chance on a 2 year old thread discussion. Hope you enjoy them! I thought they were great books.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm so glad that my stalking was effective :) I was taking a chance on a 2 year old thread discussion. Hope you enjoy them! I thought they were great books.
She can follow them up with Stigmata (1999).

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Dave

I know you are busy moving, but your last package says it is scheduled to be delivered Saturday before 8pm.
Looks like that's everything, all delivered in reverse order of importance.
I hope things settle down for you soon.

Don't forget to post a picture of your final gift! :D

Secret Satan

Secret Satan

@LittleSin , two packages that way go.

LittleSin

LittleSin

@LittleSin , two packages that way go.
Yay!

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Dave

UPS handed your last gift off to the USPS on Fri 15th.
USPS went out to deliver it at 7a on Sat 16th.
USPS marked it as undeliverable at 8a on Sat 16th due to "an address error" and rather than contact anyone about it or look for this address change you claim to have filed with them they are going to return it directly to the seller and refund the purchase.
I will see if I can do anything about that, but you may just have to be happy with 2 out of 3. Merry Christmas.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I got a package today!

IMG_20171218_153533.jpg

Ha ha ha! Ok, now I kind of feel like a butt for making that post earlier today, but rest assured this will get use where other people will see it. They won't know that I've gone teetotal :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

I got a package today!

View attachment 26298

Ha ha ha! Ok, now I kind of feel like a butt for making that post earlier today, but rest assured this will get use where other people will see it. They won't know that I've gone Titotal :p
FTFY

--Patrick

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

It was a bit of a cop-out, like I said, and I knew that you were fixing to have a complete dietary paradigm shift.... but too many gaming conversations about the good decisions that come from Tito's brand Vodka were in the forefront of my brain.

Also, for some reason, I couldn't attach a note. So... yeah. Secret Santa failish? *wry grin* Anyway, part 2 will be forthcoming Soon(TM).

Dave

Dave

@Dave

UPS handed your last gift off to the USPS on Fri 15th.
USPS went out to deliver it at 7a on Sat 16th.
USPS marked it as undeliverable at 8a on Sat 16th due to "an address error" and rather than contact anyone about it or look for this address change you claim to have filed with them they are going to return it directly to the seller and refund the purchase.
I will see if I can do anything about that, but you may just have to be happy with 2 out of 3. Merry Christmas.
Figures. Wonder why I bothered to put in a change of address.[DOUBLEPOST=1513652559,1513652530][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway, my gifts that I got were amazing already and it's the thought that counts.

Anonymous

@Dave

Called UPS, they say they can't do anything because it was handed off to USPS.
Called USPS (they had me on hold for FIFTY MINUTES) and they say they can't do anything because your forwarding order was for mail, not packages, and so it was considered undeliverable and returned to sender (Amazon).
Amazon says get fucked.
So as Meat Loaf would say, two out of three ain't bad. I'd try again, but current delivery is estimated as mid-January and the address is dead now.
Oh well, you probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. At least the two important gifts made it.

Anonymous

@Hylian tracking says it went out for delivery today, but then never updated again, so I have no idea where it is now. Hopefully it just got forgotten in a truck and will be delivered tomorrow.

Screenshot_20171218-210019.png

Anonymous

Actually, it looks like it got forgotten in the truck this morning and never actually made it to a mail truck. So we'll see.

Hylian

Hylian

I did not get it today (Monday) but I will keep an eye out for it. It probably got delayed with the train derailment and I5 being closed both directions :(

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I did not get it today (Monday) but I will keep an eye out for it. It probably got delayed with the train derailment and I5 being closed both directions :(
PROTIP: Your first day on a new route, don't go 80mph in a 30 zone. That goes double when local officials voice concerns about EXACTLY THAT during the planning stage.

Hylian

Hylian

So a random gift arrived today!

and it had a note inside!

and inside was an amazingly cute dress!!

and one pic with my face (I apologize for not wearing makeup , not shaving, and my hair being a frizzy mess)

Thank you so much @Dei :)

Dei

Dei

I'm glad you like it, I've spent the last few days stressing out that I somehow fucked up the sizing, or that it would be too short, or any number of other things.

I'm also slightly high strung.

>.>

PatrThom

PatrThom

Probably the lack of sleep combined with all the running around after King Fleshpound.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

Probably the lack of sleep combined with all the running around after King Fleshpound.

--Patrick
Tbh it's probably that I've been so in my own head at archery lately, combined with the high standards I set for myself when it comes to things I do which I will never be able to meet. I let those go when I play video games though. :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

A package arrived today! I wasn't at home, so it'll have to wait for this evening to be opened, but ooohhhh! :D

Hylian

Hylian

I'm glad you like it, I've spent the last few days stressing out that I somehow fucked up the sizing, or that it would be too short, or any number of other things.

>.>
I love it! Thank you so much :)

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

AGH I've been such a jerk - I promised photos days ago! I left the gift at my work, but I'm going in later today so I PROMISE PROMISE there will be photos tonight.

I will properly thank my Secret Santa then, too.

Bubble181

Bubble181

A package arrived today! I wasn't at home, so it'll have to wait for this evening to be opened, but ooohhhh! :D
So, home at last. Let's have a look!
It's too light to be a book, doesn't sound like a DVD,...what could it be?

IMG_20171220_194520.jpg

IMG_20171220_194657.jpg

See, this is sad. On one hand, it's an awesome gift - it's a great game that would really fit the sort of stuff I like. But...I backed it back when they kickstarted it, and I already own both the normal and the NSFW deck :oops:

Still, it is a neat gift, so thanks @Chad Sexington! Lots of bikini cats and bellybutton fairies to you too!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Now you have spares in case any of the originals explode.

--Patrick

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

@LittleSin

Thank you so much! I haven't played any version of Fluxx in years, but it's such fun and I don't own any - that has changed forever.

It is appropriately themed, as well:
IMG_20171220_204349.jpg

Thanks again! And apologies for the late posting. You rule. (Also, I was using the water bottle you gave me several Secret Santas ago today!)

So, home at last. Let's have a look!
It's too light to be a book, doesn't sound like a DVD,...what could it be?

View attachment 26310

View attachment 26309

See, this is sad. On one hand, it's an awesome gift - it's a great game that would really fit the sort of stuff I like. But...I backed it back when they kickstarted it, and I already own both the normal and the NSFW deck :oops:

Still, it is a neat gift, so thanks @Chad Sexington! Lots of bikini cats and bellybutton fairies to you too!
DAMN.

I knew it was a risk. I'm sorry. I was trying to balance my budget with your list/what was available on Amazon.fr (shipping from Canada was prohibitively expensive). I'll try to expiate my sin somehow.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Chad Sexington said:
I'll try to expiate my sin somehow.
Well, there's only one thing for it, really. You'll have to keep spending time and posting on here for my amusement. ALL year round! Bwahahaha!

LittleSin

LittleSin

@LittleSin

Thank you so much! I haven't played any version of Fluxx in years, but it's such fun and I don't own any - that has changed forever.

It is appropriately themed, as well:
View attachment 26315

Thanks again! And apologies for the late posting. You rule. (Also, I was using the water bottle you gave me several Secret Santas ago today!)
Yay! I'm glad you like it! I only played Fluxx for the first time a few weeks ago and decided that it would be the perfect gift. :p Merry Christmas!

LittleSin

LittleSin

I got my first package just a few minutes ago!

WIN_20171221_09_38_04_Pro.jpg

I can't say I was expecting LEGO Dinosaurs! Thank you @evilmike1

Tress

Tress

Hey everyone!

Is there anyone who has not gotten their gift OR seen a message posted saying that a gift is on its way?

Anonymous

@Emrys: Canadian Postal Service claims it's been delivered. Can you confirm you got a large, unexpected package :unibrow:?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yay! I'm glad you like it! I only played Fluxx for the first time a few weeks ago and decided that it would be the perfect gift. :p Merry Christmas!
Fluxx is amazing. It's even more fun if you can play it in public at a donut/coffee shop and entice randos to join. The looks on their faces!
I've played standard, Batman, and Monty Python. I didn't know there was a Chargoggohoggoth version. Hmm...

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

Fluxx is amazing. It's even more fun if you can play it in public at a donut/coffee shop and entice randos to join. The looks on their faces!
I've played standard, Batman, and Monty Python. I didn't know there was a Chargoggohoggoth version. Hmm...

--Patrick
We have so many sets of Fluxx cards because my son loves the game. Our latest ones were the Math set and the Chemistry set.

strawman

strawman

We have the standard set and Zombie. Play zombie the most frequently.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I'm hoping my friends bring more fluxx to the Christmas party on Saturday. :) I don't own a set for myself yet! XD

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

--Patrick
The Monty Python one was at a previous job's office, and we'd kill time (NEVER wastefully, of course....) with it frequently. It often preceded Friday beverages.

Doomweasel minion

Doomweasel minion

@Emrys: Canadian Postal Service claims it's been delivered. Can you confirm you got a large, unexpected package :unibrow:?
Mom's feeling lazy this week so she dispatched me to go to the post office. Let me tell you, one day there and one day back in the snow when your legs are only 3 inches long ain't increasing my Christmas spirit. I left her a package of my own in the middle of the doorway.

And yes, there was a package. I took the liberty of opening it (like I was going to ask for permission, ha!) and found a hula skirt inside.

Oh, it's not a hula skirt; it's a grass tunnel-type thingie. This looks pretty awesome. I'm gonna try it out!

Ummmm... I'm stuck. I'm stuck! Get the Jaws of Life! Ahhhhh!

OK, I'm unstuck now. Dang, we're not going to be able to use this thing until summer and we lose all our winter weight. Hey, wait a second, what are you doing?

Oh fine, Moth can use it. She's so spoiled. She gets everything - all the tasty chicken snacks, all the new toys, everything!

Of course, if I had a face like that, I'd get all the tasty chicken snacks too.

Emrys

Emrys

Mom's feeling lazy this week...
I'm not feeling lazy this week, you ungrateful little cat-snake. I'm working a lot this week and haven't been getting away from the office in time before the post office closed. And you love to roll around in the snow, so why are you complaining?

Secret Santa, the weasels love it, cranky Doomweasel Minion notwithstanding. The boys will be able to fit into it and use it this summer. In the meantime, they're enjoying throwing it around.

The boys tend to get a bit, ummm... chunky in the winter.

Thank you so much! You will be spared The Scampering, though you will likely now have doomweasels showing up at your house to "help" you with things. ;)

Have a dooking Christmas!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Thank you so much! You will be spared The Scampering, though you will likely now have doomweasels showing up at your house to "help" you with things. ;)

Have a dooking Christmas!
Yaaaay! Doomweasel help! I'm sure they'll be very helpful....ummm....uprooting the plants I want out of their pots.
Glad they like it, sorry it might be a bit unoriginal but I've been ever so slightly stressed the last few days and I can't think straight.

Happy Scamperdays!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm sure they're more interested in adding things to the pots than digging things out of them.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm sure they're more interested in adding things to the pots than digging things out of them.

--Patrick
Fertilizer's expensive, dude!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Fertilizer's expensive, dude!
Carnivore poo makes lousy fertilizer.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Christmas follow-up:

After weeks of begging and bargaining, I finally relented and let Li'l Z have Cap in his room. He was jumping up and down excited. So, here's his new home:

20180101_130242.jpg
This is currently the only non-automotive decoration in his room.

I was told to tell you, "Thank you, Mr. @GasBandit !".

And I still get to look at him a lot, so it's a win-win. :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

Christmas follow-up:

After weeks of begging and bargaining, I finally relented and let Li'l Z have Cap in his room. He was jumping up and down excited. So, here's his new home:

View attachment 26429
This is currently the only non-automotive decoration in his room.

I was told to tell you, "Thank you, Mr. @GasBandit !".

And I still get to look at him a lot, so it's a win-win. :D
Well that just melts my black stone heart right down :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well that just melts my black stone heart right down :p
...to magma?
Explains the heartburn.

--Patrick

LittleSin

LittleSin

@evilmike After a solid week of mail delays across the island I've gotten your second gift! Will take a picture soon as my toddler relinquished my phone. :p

BUT THANK YOU.

Cog

Cog

Vero didn't have a Secret Santa, but she still got a present. Thank you @Tinwhistler! We love it!
20180209_184741.jpg 20180209_184730.jpg

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

That box was in much better shape when I mailed it ;)

I'm glad y'all are liking it. Some of the boxes are better than others, but that was our first one and we really liked it too

GasBandit

GasBandit

Now, what's in the next box... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I can't wait to use this, though I don't think Mr. Z approves of his new competition.
IT'S JUNE

WHERE ARE THE PICS

blotsfan

blotsfan

IT'S JUNE

WHERE ARE THE PICS
6 month wait? That's nothing

(@PatrThom)

Celt Z

Celt Z

IT'S JUNE

WHERE ARE THE PICS
It's been unseasonably cold this year. I haven't been to the pool yet, and when I went to the beach it was too windy. Hold your horses!

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's been unseasonably cold this year. I haven't been to the pool yet, and when I went to the beach it was too windy. Hold your horses!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh come on. I was at the pool today, and everything was just fine.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Oh come on. I was at the pool today, and everything was just fine.
Then why didn't you post any pics? Gas is waiting!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm not a redhead.

strawman

strawman

I'm not a redhead.
Pretty sure GB’s attraction is based on whether you have your own soul or not, and red heads are simply a convenient tell tale. While I don’t want to presume anything, perhaps you still have a chance.

mikerc

mikerc

Pretty sure GB’s attraction is based on whether you have your own soul or not, and red heads are simply a convenient tell tale. While I don’t want to presume anything, perhaps you still have a chance.
That can't be right. I sold my soul years ago & Gas has never flirted with me.

(It was back when I was still in school. Got a SNES for it. Best deal I ever made.)

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Ho ho ho!
Just dropping in to answer the burning question @Dave has been asking since last year, namely "What was that third gift I never got?" Wonder no more!
Amazon product
Shame the delivery people didn't want you to have it.

Also I suppose this is a message to @Tress to start thinking about setting up this year's visit so I can visit you all later this year. See you then!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sign me up!

Dei

Dei

It's not even Halloween yet, slow down.

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's not even Halloween yet, slow down.
Knitting uniforms for all of the Doomie army is going to take time you know!

Dave

Dave

Ho ho ho!
Just dropping in to answer the burning question @Dave has been asking since last year, namely "What was that third gift I never got?" Wonder no more!
Amazon product
Shame the delivery people didn't want you to have it.

Also I suppose this is a message to @Tress to start thinking about setting up this year's visit so I can visit you all later this year. See you then!
I wasn't wondering, but you still didn't answer the question.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I think the answer is "nothing."

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

I wasn't wondering, but you still didn't answer the question.
My bad! Santabrowser has trouble with Amazon link embeds.
Amazon product
Hmm that's not working lets try this
https://www.putamazonhere.com/gp/product/B07844XQX2/

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Amazon plugin is wonky so here you go Dave. It's quite appropriate.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07844XQX2

Dave

Dave

Gee. It's too bad that never got delivered.

:stfu:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Gee. It's too bad that never got delivered.

:stfu:
Yeah, then you could've worn it on your stream.
It could be like your work uniform.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

You know...That gives me an idea.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You know...That gives me an idea.
...merch?

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

No for public sale. Just me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

No[t] for public sale. Just me.
...naughty merch?

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

...naughty merch?

—Patrick
Nah. But I don't own the rights to the old dude so I'm not going to monetize him.

Unless I get big :)rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:), that is.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You should probably have that discussion with @checkeredhat anyway, just in case.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

You should probably have that discussion with @checkeredhat anyway, just in case.

—Patrick
Won't matter if I'm not selling it. It would just be for me to wear on the stream and he's already attributed with links to his website.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nah. But I don't own the rights to the old dude so I'm not going to monetize him.

Unless I get big :)rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:), that is.
Starting to make money through youtube was one of the impetuses (impetii?) behind my avatar change. I didn't want Heinz coming after me because I made a couple thousand bucks and had their beans as my avatar.