Help me succeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Hi Dave,

I have a phone interview tomorrow (Friday). Any last minute advice?

The Great Mind Detective
I hope this isn't too late and I'm sorry for being tardy.

Dear MindDetective,

One of the biggest things you can do it wake up early, take a shower and dress up like you are going to a live interview. Get yourself in the mindset of the interview. Some people who do phone interviews for some reason do not take them as seriously as they should, which seems odd to me.

Make sure you have a quiet room all by yourself free of interruptions (pets, kids, naked women, etc) and have a copy of your resume handy. Have a few answers ready to go like "Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker." or "What is your biggest area of improvement in your jobs?" One question I got once I thought was very interesting: "Do you hate to lose or love to win?" I actually broke that one down as I answered it.

Remember to actually smile when you talk. Be genuine. People can tell when someone is being fake on the phone.

Good luck, young man!

Not too late. Been running through possible answers to questions all morning. DID wake up early. Didn't put on a tie but dressed up a little beside that. I look pretty good today. :) I shall have my resume in front of me, so thanks for that tip. I think I shall also write out some questions I hope they will answer for me. I'm ready to rock this interview.

Tell them they have a sexy voice, and that you wouldn't mind rolling the dice, looks wise, to get all up on that.

Interview over! It felt good, though a bit more business-like than I was hoping for. Fingers crossed that the in-person interview invitation follows next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.