[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

figmentPez

Staff member
Hearthstone's next expansion is Rhastakhan's Rumble, with a troll theme. Each class will get a troll hero Legendary and a Loa legendary card.

New keyword Overkill. Some minions and weapons will be able to attack more than once per turn if they kill their first target by 1 extra damage or more.

New solo mode coming.

Releases Dec 4th.

100 Million Player Celebration

Starting November 7 at 10:00 am PDT through November 10, everyone who logs in will receive six free The Boomsday Project card packs. Then hang out and play with friends to earn up to 500 gold! Everyone* will receive the Celebrate the Players quest which rewards 100 gold when you play a friendly challenge. This celebratory quest is repeatable up to five times—you can even do them all in the same day!—for a total of 500 gold!

figmentPez

Staff member
Then hang out and play with friends to earn up to 500 gold! Everyone* will receive the Celebrate the Players quest which rewards 100 gold when you play a friendly challenge. This celebratory quest is repeatable up to five times—you can even do them all in the same day!—for a total of 500 gold!
Anyone interested in helping me finish my Celebrate the Players quest?

figmentPez

Staff member
Ugh, Brawlesium has returned.

On the plus side, my Tesspionage deck stomped a Shudderwock in my first game, and that made me happy.

I am determined to make quest priest work in Standard before it rotates out. DETERMINED.

### *MoreQuestAttempts
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (1) Awaken the Makers
# 2x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (1) Spirit of the Dead
# 2x (2) Dead Ringer
# 2x (2) Divine Hymn
# 2x (2) Seance
# 2x (3) Gilded Gargoyle
# 2x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (5) Holy Nova
# 2x (5) Mass Hysteria
# 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 1x (7) Archbishop Benedictus
# 1x (7) Bwonsamdi, the Dead
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
#
AAECAZ/HAgSWxAKJzQKQ0wKnhwMN5QTJBtMK8gzVwQLmzAKf6wK98wLF8wKh/gKXhwPmiAOwiQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

figmentPez

Staff member
Ladies and gentlemen: Hostage Shaman

Gain armor, gain armor, gain armor. Such long animations games can take hours, and it's actually more effective to quit out of Hearthstone and log back into the game each turn than to try to let the game actually play out the animations properly.

Also LOL @ Blizzard announcing this 1 hour before the 19th. (PST)

Also the day before a major tournament. :|

Heh. TIL there is a subreddit called r/FuckDruid
This morning they are rejoicing.
HELLO DRUID FUCKERS. HERE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO VENT ABOUT FUCKING DRUID AND AWFUL LADDER EXPERIENCES. YOU CAN STILL MAKE POSTS ABOUT FUCKING/GETTING FUCKED BY DRUID, THIS THREAD SHOULD ONLY BE USED FOR SHORT RANTS THAT DO NOT LEAD TO "USEFUL" DISCUSSION. IF YOU WANT TO POST A PICTURE OR THINK YOUR TEXTWALL DESERVES MORE ATTENTION, PLEASE MAKE A POST, WE WILL BE HAPPY TO UPBRODE YOU.

RULES OF THE RAGE THREAD:
-EVERY POST HAS TO BE IN CAPS LOCK
-KEEP IT CIVIL FOLKS. THIS RULE DOES NOT APPLY IF YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT DRUID.
-CHEERS HAVE FUN
--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Also, MC Tech is banished from the Arena! They're also bringing back some of the cards previously banished for being bad, since the bucket system now exists.

I still think I might be done with Hearthstone. The game isn't bad, I think I'm just tired of playing it after nearly 5 years of almost every day.

I admit I actually do find the game entertaining, but because I don’t have the time to sink into battling to acquire the newest cards, and because spending money instead of battling feels double stupid because not only is it spending actual money, but my lack of time means I would never really have the time to actually use them before they got nerfed/rotated/countered, my playtime has dribbled down to next to none at all, and it is still waning.

—Patrick

I enjoy it for what it is, something to kill time with when I have to get to my kids' schools insanely early if I want to be able to have curb space. :p

Also