[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

figmentPez

Staff member
Dec 6, 2008
SE Texas
Brawl idea: the next Encounter at the Crossroads could feature all uncollectable cards. Adventure boss minions and spells like the trons, locust swarm, etc, But also cards usually spawned from other cards: Baine Bloodhoof, the spells from ETC, dream cards. Also, cards from the tutorial.

It has the potential to be ridiculously RNG, but I doubt any more than when normal cards get their costs randomized.

Nov 28, 2008
Dallas-ish
www.philrigney.com
so the ones that worked best for me were Scavaging Hyena and Stonetusk Bore, and Bolster (+2+2 to taunt) and Shield bearer (Payback time!)

The first one I tried was Hunters Mark and the new one that does 1 damage and summons a 1/1. I was doing ok against that druid one with the innervate and the 10/10 until I didn't have enough hunters marks.

I also tried a Blood Mage Thalnos+ arcane missle one but it didn't quite pan out like i'd hopped.

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
Finally got my pack with Priest (against Rogue) with the murloc pair.
Turn one, Rogue plays Grimscale Oracle.
Turn one, I coin and play Murloc Tidecaller x2.
Turn two, Rogue plays Bilefin Tidehunter, realizes that anything she plays will buff my minions, too, and quits.

--Patrick

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
I really wish I could just import a deck from my deck list. Making new decks on mobile annoys me.
Cranky feels as you do, judging by the cursing he was doing.

Also, fair warning: in this brawl cards like Ragnaros and C'Thun do NOT de-stealth after their effects resolve like you would expect. I have not tested chargers yet, nor have I tested whether cards like Silent Knight are forced out of stealth on their next turn.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Dec 6, 2008
SE Texas
I got my win in this brawl with aggro Shaman. Stomped all over an Evolve Shaman deck. I have no regrets.

It'll be interesting to see how the meta shakes out for this Brawl. I'm curious as to if Alarm-O-Bot will turn out to be powerful, or if it will be easily countered.

figmentPez

Staff member
Dec 6, 2008
SE Texas
This Brawl... This fucking Brawl...

I keep switching between laughing and swearing. I think I just need to give up any illusion of control I have, and just accept I have no control over winning.

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
This Brawl... This fucking Brawl...

I keep switching between laughing and swearing. I think I just need to give up any illusion of control I have, and just accept I have no control over winning.
I'm loving it.
There have been times where I'm down 6-1 minions and I've been saved just by PLAY ALL THE TINY MINIONS until I get a Twisting Nether or something.

--Patrick

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
Got my new quest today.
"Paladin or Priest dominance: Win 5 with Paladin or Priest"
Hmm. I don't like playing the 5-win ones, they take too long to complete with my spotty play schedule. So I delete it and get...
"Paladin or Priest dominance: Win 5 with Paladin or Priest"
Hmph.
"Random"
Bah.

--Patrick

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
There is very little that stings as much as going up against someone in brawl who is so obviously a bad/careless player...and then having them outdraw you every turn. I mean, his Blizzard username might as well have been "InClouseau."

--Patrick