[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

figmentPez

Staff member
This week's Brawl is Anduin and Morgl vs Nefarian!

It has a lot in common with the Mechazod brawls. Nefarian switches sides each round, has taunt, special attacks, etc. Only he's got 200 health... and a few tricks up his sleeve.

Still managed to win my first attempt, but it felt brutal.

figmentPez

Staff member
This week's Brawl is Anduin and Morgl vs Nefarian!

It has a lot in common with the Mechazod brawls. Nefarian switches sides each round, has taunt, special attacks, etc. Only he's got 200 health... and a few tricks up his sleeve.

Still managed to win my first attempt, but it felt brutal.
Played a couple more games. It's a lot of fun... when your partner isn't playing as dumb as a stack of bricks!

At the start of this expansion, I put together a priest deck to start experimenting. This is what I've come up with so far:

With Onyx Bishop looking pretty cool, I decided to create a resurrecting n'zoth deck. But I've only got three actual deathrattle minions, two shifting shades and Sylvanas. I do have two museum curators to discover more, however, and as they die, resurrect has a good chance to bring them back, allowing them to die again for n'zoth to bring back in multiples as a finisher. Early game combos involve injured blademaster (sometimes with circle of healing) and then resurrecting them back to full health, along with auchenai/circle and excavated evil to help survive swarms and get to that important late game. Priest of the Feast has also proven to be really good at keeping me alive, and has also lead me to putting smite back into the deck. One mana do 2 damage isn't great, but 1 mana do 2 damage heal 3 is pretty damn good.

At the start of this expansion, I put together a priest deck to start experimenting. This is what I've come up with so far:

With Onyx Bishop looking pretty cool, I decided to create a resurrecting n'zoth deck. But I've only got three actual deathrattle minions, two shifting shades and Sylvanas. I do have two museum curators to discover more, however, and as they die, resurrect has a good chance to bring them back, allowing them to die again for n'zoth to bring back in multiples as a finisher. Early game combos involve injured blademaster (sometimes with circle of healing) and then resurrecting them back to full health, along with auchenai/circle and excavated evil to help survive swarms and get to that important late game. Priest of the Feast has also proven to be really good at keeping me alive, and has also lead me to putting smite back into the deck. One mana do 2 damage isn't great, but 1 mana do 2 damage heal 3 is pretty damn good.
I've changed up this deck a bit. Gone is the cabal shadow priest, as the number of targets she is good against is diminishing as more good cards are added. Also gone are the museum curators, replaced with loot hoarders. While I love the synergy and flexibility the museum curators have, I've found they aren't needed to empower n'zoth, as I'm often resurrecting the few death rattles I have. Loot hoarders offer almost the same value, a 2 drop that draws a card, but drawing from my deck for answers is often more valuable than discovering a minion, and at least I get more card draw if they get resurrected, whereas resurrecting museum curator is just always bad.

The smites have also been replaced with greater heal, offering increased sustain in long fights, and burst damage and increased reach when played with soulpriest.

figmentPez

Staff member
Wow, the AI gets so confused by a taunted Explosive Sheep that it will put a Shield of Chapions on your sheep just to be able to smash a minion into it without the sheep dying.... WTF?

Wow, the AI gets so confused by a taunted Explosive Sheep that it will put a Shield of Chapions on your sheep just to be able to smash a minion into it without the sheep dying.... WTF?
Wolf? I won that on heroic with an Abomination I got from a Journey Below, without realizing what would happen.

figmentPez

Staff member
Wolf? I won that on heroic with an Abomination I got from a Journey Below, without realizing what would happen.
It was the Crone. I was intentionally cheesing before Blizzard patched... Which they did before I could beat another boss. The AI will now attack taunted explosive minions.

The last 2 wings have been really easy to beat in heroic mode, bugs from last week aside. I've still not been able to beat magic mirror or chess heroic though. Chess is just flat out pissing me off because I keep getting it to 1hp or so before I lose board control and just get cheated to death.

I wish Hearthstone would auto record your last played match for download, just for those times when you unexpectedly have an awesome/funny match and you didn't have recording turned on.

That could never work on a true Eredar Lord! Lol

As an aside, I still have to beat Magic Mirror and Chess on heroic... Managed to clear heroic of every other wing. This week at least required me to tinker with decks. Except Mal, who I just used my N'Zoth paladin on.

I finally gave in to the Grim Patron strategy for Magic Mirror, now I am just going to be over here feeling inadequate at life because I can't beat heroic chess.

I got killed by a priest that Barnes'ed out a Y'Shaarj, which pulled his Deathwing, and then he rezzed the Y'Shaarj after I wiped his board with a doomsayer. I couldn't even get mad.