[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

The Jaraxxus and UA changes are going to mess some people up, big time.

...also, as I am typing this, Hearthstone just applied ANOTHER update, so I wonder what little thing snuck by in the patch testing that they forgot to account for.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
"Name a card that describes your love life"

The Caverns Below.

"Name a Hearthstone card you would also consider eating."

A. F. Kay :awesome:

@PatrThom I already played Raza, and got Coldarra Drake from a Bone Drake.
Oh that's right, I forgot you were playing Priest, not Mage[DOUBLEPOST=1509752262,1509752094][/DOUBLEPOST]
... beep beep... you've got to... you've got to...
EDIT: Oh don't give me that rating, Pat, you know damn good and well.
No, really. I don't get it. I'm probably thinking of the wrong song or something. I REALLY doubt you're making a Jekyll and Hyde, Together Again reference.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
No, really. I don't get it. I'm probably thinking of the wrong song or something. I REALLY doubt you're making a Jekyll and Hyde, Together Again reference.

--Patrick
Man, for a guy who remembers things posted over a year ago, you sure forgot something you replied to 12 days ago awful fast.

#ReprehensibleFilth

Ah. Didn't remember the lyrics. I was actually remembering some 70's tune that I can't find..."you got to...you got to...give it to me" or something like that. Probably no less tame, when you think about it.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Two new things being added are the keyword Recruit (which just means "put a minion from your deck onto the battlefield") and Legendary weapons. Any idea what they'll do about Gorehowl only being an Epic?

EDIT: Also new are Spellstones. Spells that can be upgraded while they're in your hand. The example is a 1 mana Druid card, Jasper Spellstone, which starts out at deal 2 damage, but each time you gain 3 armor, it upgrades. You can do this twice. Once to 4 damage, then to 6.

And Unidentified cards, which have a certain base effect, but gain a random extra effect when they come into your hand. Like the 3 mana Priest card Unidentified Exlir, that gives a minion +2/+2 plus something else. If it's identified as an Elixir of Purity, it gives divine shield.

Last edited:
Two new things being added are the keyword Recruit (which just means "put a minion from your deck onto the battlefield") and Legendary weapons. Any idea what they'll do about Gorehowl only being an Epic?

EDIT: Also new are Spellstones. Spells that can be upgraded while they're in your hand. The example is a 1 mana Druid card, Jasper Spellstone, which starts out at deal 2 damage, but each time you gain 3 armor, it upgrades. You can do this twice. Once to 4 damage, then to 6.

And Unidentified cards, which have a certain base effect, but gain a random extra effect when they come into your hand. Like the 3 mana Priest card Unidentified Exlir, that gives a minion +2/+2 plus something else. If it's identified as an Elixir of Purity, it gives divine shield.
This feels like a lot.

I wonder if they're trying to combat the current strategy of "fill your hand/dump your hand/fill your hand/dump your hand/etc." (which is basically how aggro works), instead trying to find a way to get players to hold onto their cards as long as possible.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I wonder if they're trying to combat the current strategy of "fill your hand/dump your hand/fill your hand/dump your hand/etc." (which is basically how aggro works), instead trying to find a way to get players to hold onto their cards as long as possible.
If so, this is the wrong card to introduce:
[DOUBLEPOST=1509826523,1509825972][/DOUBLEPOST]

figmentPez

Staff member
I imagine some of these new ideas pertain to specific classes and not others.
Every class is getting a legendary weapon. Recruit is already revealed on a Neutral card. I don't see why Spellstones, and Unidentified Cards wouldn't be in all classes as well.

Man, for a guy who remembers things posted over a year ago, you sure forgot something you replied to 12 days ago awful fast.
Ah. Didn't remember the lyrics. I was actually remembering some 70's tune that I can't find..."you got to...you got to...give it to me" or something like that. Probably no less tame, when you think about it.
Sooooo turns out I was actually remembering something from 2014.

Mystery solved!

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled content.
PAL? Really, Kripp?

--Patrick

Last edited:
I was disappointed when I found out the golden pack isn’t a guaranteed legendary, it’s just 5 cards that are guaranteed to be golden. So now I have 4 golden commons and 1 golden rare. Whee.

—Patrick