Harry Potter 6: Half-Blood Prince (film) (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're new to the thread and you haven't read the books or already been de-flowered regarding the big spoiler in this movie/book then don't read this thread (and probably the rest of the internet for the next 1.5 weeks). Some are marking them as spoilers, and some are not.

I guess it's coming out on the 15th, almost 4 years to the day that the book was released. The same book that sold some 90 million copies in the first 24 hours.

The same book in which [spoiler:mkx2qiyk]Dumbledore dies[/spoiler:mkx2qiyk].

I had forgotten it was coming out, and disappointed that due to transformers it won't be in imax 3d until the 29th. I'll probably watch it on regular screen, and then (if I still have a job) watch it again in imax 3d.

Still, I enjoy the HP series, so I'll be seeing it. I always wish I had time to read the books again before the movies, but never do.

I think this is the book where Snape asserts himself as not only a major character, but a rather powerful one. Of course the books are largely told as though from Harry's perspective, and he marginalizes/pities/etc Snape, but he finally realizes that Snape is not one to be considered lightly. [spoiler:mkx2qiyk]I wonder how much of Dumbledore's faith in Snape they put into the movie, so we can see Harry twisting in the wind trying to reconcile that Dumbledore was stupid to have trusted Snape. Of course he learned differently in the next book, but for the moment there's a huge chasm between what Dumbledore says and who he trusts, and the reality as perceived by Potter.[/spoiler:mkx2qiyk]

Of all the characters created for HP, Snape is particularly interesting not because he changes throughout the series, but because Harry's view and understanding of him changes so much. To be expected as it's simply a 7 book coming of age story, but still.

-Adam

Harry Potter: Half-Blood Prince (film, SPOILERS MARKED)

I will see this movie for one reason and one reason only and therefore I shall ask about it.

How was Bellatrix? Did she have a bigger part in this movie than in the previous?

Dude, he said the 15th... so it's still not out.

Readingcomprehensionfail.

Carry on now, nothing to see here.

I might see this movie. If I do, it will be for two reasons. Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright.

(They're both 18 now, it's all right)

As I mentioned when the trailers came out, I thought the actor portraying young Riddle wasn't creepy enough. He seemed to be sleepwalking through his lines. That's based only on the trailer though, the actual movie might turn out differently.

And I hope we see more magical badassery in the battle at Hogwarts. Thus far, in the movie series, I haven't really seen enough magical badassery yet.

Wahad said:
Readingcomprehensionfail.

Carry on now, nothing to see here.

I had to use a proxy to find that image (flickr blocked at work), then save it to another service just to post it here, but it was worth it so I could use it again.

-Adam

Hah! I'd totally forgotten about that one.

Nice work, stien. :rofl: :thumbsup:

Man, I cannot WAIT. We just watched all 5 of the first movies to get ready for it. I'm stoked!

C

Cuyval Dar

I'm kinda depressed about this, because all of the books are out already.

What other movie/book franchises are worth spoiling for people waiting in the movie theatre lines and Barnes and Noble?

-- Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:45 pm --

Yes, I was one of those 4chan assholes who used a megaphone at bookstores to give away the whole plot.
Yes, I am very proud of that.

C

Chazwozel

Cuyval Dar said:
Yes, I was one of those 4chan * who used a megaphone at bookstores to give away the whole plot.
Can I come over to your house and punch you in the mouth? I could care less about spoiling the book plot honestly, I just like to punch douchebags who put the effort into using a megaphone to do it.

Yeah, I think about the douchiest thing you can do is BLATANTLY go out of your way to spoil something for everyone. Some peopel aren't big on spoilers, but some (like myself) like to be actually surprised when I come to a shocking moment in a movie, TV show or book.

I remember some asshole posted a scanned page of the "Snape killed Dumbledore" page, with the spoilery line highlighted. It was posted on a couple of communities that I had frequented on Live Journal and unfortuntely, it was completely unavoidable.

C

Cuyval Dar

Chazwozel said:
Cuyval Dar said:
Yes, I was one of those 4chan * who used a megaphone at bookstores to give away the whole plot.
Can I come over to your house and punch you in the mouth? I could care less about spoiling the book plot honestly, I just like to punch douchebags who put the effort into using a megaphone to do it.
Just hire Shego to do it. More bang for the buck, so to speak.

C

Chazwozel

ThatNickGuy said:
Yeah, I think about the douchiest thing you can do is BLATANTLY go out of your way to spoil something for everyone. Some peopel aren't big on spoilers, but some (like myself) like to be actually surprised when I come to a shocking moment in a movie, TV show or book.

I remember some * posted a scanned page of the "Snape killed Dumbledore" page, with the spoilery line highlighted. It was posted on a couple of communities that I had frequented on Live Journal and unfortuntely, it was completely unavoidable.

I know what's going to happen in HP6, but if some asshole 4channers are going to walking around the theater screaming spoilers, I'm going to go out of my way to scare the living shit out them.

Heh heh. Get it recorded. I wanna see that. :D

C

Cuyval Dar

Chazwozel said:
ThatNickGuy said:

I remember some * posted a scanned page of the "Snape killed Dumbledore" page, with the spoilery line highlighted. It was posted on a couple of communities that I had frequented on Live Journal and unfortuntely, it was completely unavoidable.

I know what's going to happen in HP6, but if some asshole 4channers are going to walking around the theater screaming spoilers, I'm going to go out of my way to scare the living shit out them.

My girlfriend has no idea what happens in the book. She either avoided it somehow all those years ago or is trolling me IRL. She's seeing all the movies when they came out, and after they're all done, she's gonna go back and read all the books. I've told her to be careful the next couple weeks as far as reading much stuff online about it :whistling:

C

Chazwozel

Cuyval Dar said:
Chazwozel said:
ThatNickGuy said:

I know what's going to happen in HP6, but if some * 4channers are going to walking around the theater screaming spoilers, I'm going to go out of my way to scare the living poop out them.

Yeah yeah yeah... Internet Weenie with megaphone isn't any better. I bet you tore ass like hell after you made your little spoiler announcement.

C

Cuyval Dar

Charlie Dont Surf said:
My girlfriend has no idea what happens in the book. She either avoided it somehow all those years ago or is trolling me IRL. She's seeing all the movies when they came out, and after they're all done, she's gonna go back and read all the books. I've told her to be careful the next couple weeks as far as reading much stuff online about it :whistling:
I really do not understand people like that. How can they go without reading a book like LOTR or HP, and then see the movies. You lose so much of the context.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
I think the biggest surprise about this post is not that she avoided all the information, but that Charlie has a girlfriend in the first place.

*BAM*!

C

Cuyval Dar

Chazwozel said:
Cuyval Dar said:
Chazwozel said:
ThatNickGuy said:

I know what's going to happen in HP6, but if some * 4channers are going to walking around the theater screaming spoilers, I'm going to go out of my way to scare the living poop out them.

Yeah yeah yeah... Internet Weenie with megaphone isn't any better. I bet you tore ass like hell after you made your little spoiler announcement.
Well, sure, we had to move quick in order to hit every Borders and Barnes and Noble in a 15 mile radius.

Book 6 was easy to avoid spoilers for. only took about a day to read and its pretty much all I did when I got my hands on a copy (Amazon FTW). not expecting spoilers online is retarded. Deliberately spoiling the book as people are waiting in line to buy it; complete and utter douchebaggery.

The WoW forums ruined the book for me. They had that shit posted before the book actually hit the streets.

Cajungal

Staff member

I don't care to read the Harry Potter books. I read the first few chapters of one, and that was just to appease the people who wouldn't stop bothering me about them. The movies are fun, though. And this one coming up looks way better than the last one was.

ElJuski

Staff member

I will say this: as much as I hate how people are STILL keeping teh maj0r spoil3r of Harry Potter tagged :pud: , I think that first night spoiling bullshit is fucking annoying as hell. I mean, yeah there's fanatics and blah, but there's also kids too. And it's the first night--give people at least a little time to enjoy something. Two weeks later? Spoiler the fuck out of it, who cares.

Well she saw the first couple movies, then decided to see all the movies, then read all the books, since they're different tellings/stories/etc etc etc.

and Ed :finger:

My wife has no idea what happens. I've told her to be careful with people she talks to. She's gonna freak out when she sees it.

And yeah, internet tough guy blahblahblah if some ass came into the theater and tried to spoil the movie I don't know if it's worth getting in a fight on but they should watch out for accidental flying cokes. :aaahhh:

C

Cuyval Dar

Espy said:
My wife has no idea what happens. I've told her to be careful with people she talks to. She's gonna freak out when she sees it.

And yeah, internet tough guy blahblahblah if some ass came into the theater and tried to spoil the movie I don't know if it's worth getting in a fight on but they should watch out for accidental flying cokes. :aaahhh:
No, not IN the theatre, just the lifeless idiots who wait in line for hours/days.

Cajungal

Staff member

Cuyval Dar said:
Espy said:

No, not IN the theatre, just the lifeless idiots who wait in line for hours/days.
What about the people who have nothing better to do with their time but go out of their way to spoil things for other people? Are they targeted by anyone?

C

Cuyval Dar

Cajungal said:
Cuyval Dar said:
Espy said:

What about the people who have nothing better to do with their time but go out of their way to spoil things for other people? Are they targeted by anyone?
The aforementioned internet tough guys.

Bowielee said:
The WoW forums ruined the book for me. They had that poop posted before the book actually hit the streets.
If I remember right key plot elements were posted all over the internet. It was next to impossible to avoid them unless you unplugged your computer.

C

Cuyval Dar

@Espy Why would you throw the $6 movie theatre sodas at someone? Seems like a waste.

Some theatres offer free refills on their largest drink. Spoiler shouters seem to be a good target for this. ;)

Remember when the little hand-held laser pointers became affordable and popular? For a while, you couldn't go into a movie without some douchebag putting a red dot all over the screen (tee hee!). When I personally got fed up with that crap, I waited til one of those douchebags went to the bathroom, followed him in, and kicked the shit out of him.

I imagine I'd do much the same to someone spoiling my film/book with a megaphone. Call internet tough guy all you like. (shrug)

Cuyval Dar said:
I really do not understand people like that. How can they go without reading a book like LOTR or HP, and then see the movies. You lose so much of the context.
Maybe they already had the plot spoiled for them by some asscandy with a megaphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.