Harry Potter 6: Half-Blood Prince (film) (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Potter: Half-Blood Prince (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Planning on going tonight at midnight!

Ought to be fun. Very different experience going to a movie surrounded by [strike:qstz94rx]hardcore crazies[/strike:qstz94rx] fans, vs a day later with regular people and talking teenagers.

Ought to be fun.

:tongue:

-Adam

Harry Potter: Half-Blood Prince (SPOILERS AHOY!)

stienman said:
Planning on going tonight at midnight!

Ought to be fun. Very different experience going to a movie surrounded by [strike:kqf7tnjq]hardcore crazies[/strike:kqf7tnjq] fans, vs a day later with regular people and talking teenagers.

Ought to be fun.

:tongue:

-Adam
Also going to the midnight showing. Can't wait!

I hope to see the midnight showing tonight, but I haven't gotten my tickets yet and won't be able to until at least 6 or so, so I'm hoping it's not sold out.

What time are you guys going to go line up?

Edrondol said:
I hope to see the midnight showing tonight, but I haven't gotten my tickets yet and won't be able to until at least 6 or so, so I'm hoping it's not sold out.

What time are you guys going to go line up?
Hadn't thought about it. TF2 IMAX had assigned seating, but this is regular theaters, so if they get too full they'll just open up another theater or two (that's happened at a few midnight screenings I've been to before). They're using digital distribution and projection for this film, so duplicating it on several screens won't be an issue (although previously all they did was thread the film from one theater to the next with a small delay).

In the past we've gotten there about 30 minutes early and were happy with our seats. It'll depend on a number of other factors though. I'll be buying tickets about 6pm as well to reduce my own fear of missing it.

Still, it means I'll be up until 3am. I've already had one afternoon nap, and I'm going to try to fit another one in about dinnertime. Staying up won't be a problem, but getting up tomorrow morning is going to be annoying...

Either way, Warner Brothers is going to make a killing tonight.

-Adam

I'm debating about whether or not to take a nap and miss the D&D game or to tough it out.

I'm leaning towards the nap because I'm going to get off of work, get my paycheck, cash said check, take my son to work, take money to my wife so she can get gas and make it home and then go buy tickets...all starting at 5 pm. And the game starts at...5.

Yeah, as much as I hate to do it I think I'll have to bail on the game tonight. Potter calls. I've taken my daughter to see each of the movies on opening day so I kinda have to.

Snape kills Dumbledore. On stage. He's been taking up stand-up comedy and his routine had Dumbledore in stitches.

Bruce Willis drops Snape from a tall building.

-- Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:25 pm --

Snape never gives up - never surrenders.

Snape was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.

-- Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:30 pm --

(I've been playing D&D too much. I very nearly put "grassy gnoll.")

Snape was the second man to walk on the moon. But don't call him names or he'll punch you in the nose.

C

Chibibar

Harry Potter: Half-Blood Prince (film, SPOILERS MARKED)

Cuyval Dar said:
[quote="Charlie Dont Surf":2wfz0ryi]My girlfriend has no idea what happens in the book. She either avoided it somehow all those years ago or is trolling me IRL. She's seeing all the movies when they came out, and after they're all done, she's gonna go back and read all the books. I've told her to be careful the next couple weeks as far as reading much stuff online about it :whistling:
I really do not understand people like that. How can they go without reading a book like LOTR or HP, and then see the movies. You lose so much of the context.[/quote:2wfz0ryi]

I haven't read any of the HP books cause well.... It doesn't really interest me. the movies are ok, but my wife read them all. I figure I'll see the movies to see if it hold up on its own.

I have read LoTR and Hobbit books cause those are actual classics ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.