Halforums slow/timing out today (8/14/13)

I notice it most when hovering to get my alerts/inbox. The site will hang while it talks to its trebuchet for a while, and I have to refresh by clicking on something else to make it forget about trying to pull up the list.
Other than that, I have had no problems.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Interesting. I haven't seen this at all. Let me check the server error log and see what's what.

GasBandit

Staff member
I noticed it as early as 8:30a central, it got really really bad at around 11:20 central, to the point where the whole site stopped working for 5-10 mins (I made that post immediately after it came back up). But since it came back up, it's been peppy like it used to be.

Dave

Staff member
The only errors that were on the server were Twitter errors. I looked into them and it looks like the updated addon had defaults in place that used a different account than I'd had before. They were giving us errors (mostly bandwidth hits as someone linked a picture from that twitter account to a very major twitter account). I fixed it and now the twitter feed on the front page is again ours.

I'm not convinced this is the error, but the times match up fairly right so there's no telling if it was something that easy.