Halforums Secret Santa 2023

I don't know what to get my secret Santa and I don't know how to ask. I tried messaging the Secret Santa user, but I'm moron and thought that was someone else's alt.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Ah, my Secret Santa arrived. First, I would like to say...

FAAAAAACK YOU, I'm younger than you are! :rofl:
20231124_185157.jpg

Ass. :D

Speaking of ass, this one is much more appropriate, and had Mr. Z curious as well!
20231124_185207.jpg

And finally, this is as close to getting Chris Hemsworth in my bedroom as I'll ever get.
20231124_185340.jpg

Thank you, Gas. Remind me to murder you next time we game.

That’s odd, because I got the mail today and a package with my forum name was there!

IMG_1161.jpeg
Must be Secret Santa!

What is in it?
IMG_1162.jpegIMG_1163.jpeg

Lots of goodies!
IMG_1164.jpegIMG_1165.jpeg
IMG_1166.jpeg
IMG_1167.jpeg
(please excuse my messy, unmade bed)

The lego set was immediately claimed by my spouse and I look forward to some fun reads and hanging the Panthers Santa on my tree!

Thanks, @evilmike!

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm informed by various North Pole connections that Bhamv3's gift should be arriving in multiple boxes spanning the Dec. 8 - 15th timeframe.

What's this? A Sunday delivery from Amazon? I didn't even know they delivered on Sundays.

20231126_163249~2.jpg

COMICS!

Comics I've never even heard of before! My favorite kind of comics because I get to read something totally new within the medium.

Thanks, @General Specific! The box had three separate notes, as if they were meant to come in three different packages. But they all came in one, so I was a bit confused.

What's this? A Sunday delivery from Amazon? I didn't even know they delivered on Sundays.

View attachment 46636

COMICS!

Comics I've never even heard of before! My favorite kind of comics because I get to read something totally new within the medium.

Thanks, @General Specific! The box had three separate notes, as if they were meant to come in three different packages. But they all came in one, so I was a bit confused.
Hehe, I thought they would be separate boxes, yes. The comic in the middle is one of my favorite one shots from some years ago. The other two were highly rated from this past year, so I'm hoping they turn out good! :D

Hehe, I thought they would be separate boxes, yes. The comic in the middle is one of my favorite one shots from some years ago. The other two were highly rated from this past year, so I'm hoping they turn out good! :D
I very much appreciate it. I'm always on the lookout for new, interesting comics. Especially ones not from DC or Marvel (though I make the odd exception there).

There's a local shop here that sells used graphic novels. I peruse it sometimes and see what jumps out. These are exactly the kinds of books that would jump out for me. So I can't wait to read them. :D If I remember, I'll post some brief reviews for them in one of the comics threads.

Yo! @BErt looks like the Amazonian elves (which we'll leave to your imagination) were super effective and your parcel has been delivered.
indeed, I have been Christmas'd
IMG_3016.jpeg

Mario Ornaments! Can't wait to power up my tree!
IMG_3017.jpeg

Book! Cookbook! This one was on my list. I love his TikToks and am looking forward to trying some of these!
IMG_3018.jpeg

Second Book! Hyrule Historia!!!
IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

I actually do *not* already have this. I did, but when I lost my home I lost 99% of my books too so it's rad to have it again!

Thank you so much, unnamed Secret Santa!! I am blown away :sohappy:

A wild package appears!
IMG_20231204_140131.jpg
IMG20231204134326.jpg

Well, that's not saying much, is it?

IMG20231204134433.jpg

Ooohhh, now this looks like something special.
A.... Canadian wine? And one made by my brethren up north? Who'd have thought?!

There's a whole booklet with tasting notes, description of the vineyard, etc included as well. Very fancy.
The text only includes the senders real name, so, thanks, but I'm afraid I still don't know which Forum handle matches :oops:

This one will definitely be kept for a special occasion!
Post automatically merged:

IMG20231204134435.jpg

A wild package appears! View attachment 46708View attachment 46707

Well, that's not saying much, is it?

View attachment 46709

Ooohhh, now this looks like something special.
A.... Canadian wine? And one made by my brethren up north? Who'd have thought?!

There's a whole booklet with tasting notes, description of the vineyard, etc included as well. Very fancy.
The text only includes the senders real name, so, thanks, but I'm afraid I still don't know which Forum handle matches :oops:

This one will definitely be kept for a special occasion!
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 46710
Oh, a BC wine! I don't know the winery, but Okanagan wines are well regarded.

I'm not the Santa, but it seems they have good taste!

EuroElves are very badly organized. It turns out they forgot a bit!
A second random box showed up!
IMG_20231205_200054.jpg

It's a cardboard box!

IMG20231205194601.jpg

It's a cardboard box with... Cardboard inside?

IMG20231205194614.jpg

And below that it's... Some more cardboard?

IMG20231205194624.jpg

Next is a whole layer of... Cardboard !

IMG20231205194700.jpg

Underneath is even more cardboard! Does Santa think I really love cardboard? Or hate trees? :confused:

IMG_20231205_200208.jpg

Hold on, there was a cardboard box hidden between all the cardboard! What's this?

IMG20231205194920.jpg

It's a box full of extra colorful cardboard! Whoop!

IMG20231205194735.jpg

More seriously, it's an awesome new boardgame!
IMG20231205194744.jpg

Amazing! Thanks Santa! Really looking forward to trying this one out, it looks really beautiful! :heart:

Dave

Staff member
Since I'm on nights Santa left my gift during the day.

2023-12-05 17.03.07.jpg

I wonder if I got cardboard, too!
2023-12-05 17.03.25.jpg

Damn. No cardboard but lots of big bubble wrap!

2023-12-05 17.03.58.jpg

Sweet! It's a book about the art & making of The Expanse TV show! Love that scientifically accurate show! This is going to be a fun one to read! Sorry I made it so hard on you, Santa. I know I'm difficult to buy for.

Since I'm on nights Santa left my gift during the day.

View attachment 46745

I wonder if I got cardboard, too!
View attachment 46744

Damn. No cardboard but lots of big bubble wrap!

View attachment 46746

Sweet! It's a book about the art & making of The Expanse TV show! Love that scientifically accurate show! This is going to be a fun one to read! Sorry I made it so hard on you, Santa. I know I'm difficult to buy for.
Wait, if you got Bubble wrap, does that mean the next recipient is getting Dave Droppings or something?

Amazon says they got there December 1st. You might need to check around if you've got nearby neighbors.
I'm on a corner lot, but I do know my next door neighbors. No dice. I get deliveries every couple of days, so the USPS driver in particular knows my address pretty well. That said, the 1st was a Friday. I *have* had stuff marked as delivered that showed up 1-2 days later, so I'll keep a lookout for it.

For some values of Amazon, "delivered" actually means "we gave it to your local post office on this day," so that last USPS leg might finish at its customary speed and schedule for your area.

--Patrick