[PC Game] Halforums House: RimWorld Character Creation Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
I've done a few "Halforums" themed playthroughs of RimWorld, as I know several of you have noticed, but only upon completing the second one have I realized that, through the use of mods, I'm allowed to start with as many colonists as I want, and can customize them each completely.

That means I can do a proper version of Halforums House, like Gusto did in the old Sims days. Granted, it won't be quite as overtly saucy as Halforums Academy, but there's still sex and violence aplenty in the game for those who want it :p

The game basically maroons everybody together on a distant, meagerly-colonized planet, sort of like you'd find out on the rim in Firefly. The challenge will be to work together as a community to survive and build a settlement. Much like the Sims, the people will have their own interests, perform necessary tasks, engage with each other socially, make friends and enemies, fall in and out of love, "woohoo," get married, divorced, live, and die. All while dealing with natural disasters, wild animals, hostile natives, raiders, and other offworlder factions.

So, in order to do this right, I'm going to ask for volunteers to be in the game. Unlike Sims or Artificial Academy, there is *no limit* to the number of people I can take on - however, once the game has started, I can't add any more custom characters - and for the purposes of this playthrough, I don't intend to let any more randomly generated characters join later. So if you want in on this, pretty much your only chance is to get in on the ground floor. I'm hoping for at least 20 or more people to roll characters.

HOW TO ROLL YOUR CHARACTER:

First, consider the below to be your worksheet -

For the purposes of this game, I'll be starting everyone at age 18, though you can increase that for more stat points (more on that later).

First, fill out your name and physical appearance:
NAME (First/Last), I'll be using your forum username for your nickname, but if you want you can pick what your First and Last name are.
GENDER (M/F):
BODY TYPE: Average, Thin, Fat, Muscular
COMPLEXION: Pale, Fair, Olive, Tanned, Dark
HEAD SIZE: Average or Narrow
JAW SHAPE: Heartshaped, Oval, or Square
HAIR STYLE and COLOR:
Available Male Hairstyles:

Available Female Hairstyles:

BACKSTORY - don't worry about it, there are dozens and dozens to pick from, I'll pick one for you based on the stats you choose.

Then, get into your skills. Distribute 36 points among the 12 skills available, ranging from 0 to 10 in each skill. Bear in mind, the scale for most basically goes 4 is amateur, 6 is dependable, 9 is expert. The scale actually goes to 20, but that's unreasonable to expect in an 18 year old :p Bear in mind that skills will improve in-game with use, so you don't have to START an expert, necessarily.
The skills are -
Shooting: Proficiency in the use of all kinds of ranged weaponry, be it bows, guns, or thrown objects. Not just used for fighting, but also hunting animals for food.
Melee: Proficiency in hand to hand combat, with or without weapons. Almost all combat becomes melee at some point, and meleeing with a gun is treated the same as punching. It helps to be good at it.
Social: Haggling, manipulating, negotiating, convincing, leading, and cheering up others.
Animals: The care, training, and control of animals. If this is below 4, you probably won't ever get an animal companion. Properly trained, animals can help with tasks and fight for you. This skill also affects speed and yield of activities like milking and shearing.
Medicine: The treating of wounds, diseases, and skill at performing surgery. Also required (along with crafting) to manufacture medical supplies. Below 6, you're actually kinda dangerous.
Cooking: The ability to safely and quickly convert raw food into tasty meals. Little to no skill is needed for merely butchering animals, but nicer meal preparation requires higher skill.
Construction: The skill to build structures and furniture from raw materials. The higher this skill, the faster you complete and the better your chances at high quality products.
Growing: The planting and harvesting of crops. Affects speed at both, and some of the more useful crops require minimum skill levels to plant.
Mining: Digging tunnels and operating mining machinery. Affects work speed, mostly.
Artistic: The ability to create impressive art from raw materials, to improve your surroundings or sell.
Crafting: Making items, weapons, tools, and tailoring clothing. Affects completion speed and final item quality.
Intellectual: Affects speed at researching new technology and managerial tasks.

Then, go back and also apply 5 "interest" points across those skills, with a maximum of 2 points in any given skill. A skill with no interest points is learned at 33% speed and is tiresome. 1 interest point is learned at normal speed and doesn't penalize joy levels as much, if at all. 2 interest points learns at 150% speed and counts as entertainment, generating joy while being performed.

The default will be 18 years old, and I recommend sticking with that, but you may add additional skill points in exchange for aging your character 10 years per point. You may add additional interest points by aging your character 20 years per point. BE ADVISED this is not a fair trade, as skill points will rise naturally over use very quickly - you will probably gain 10-20 in the first year of play alone, depending on interest levels. BE FURTHER ADVISED that characters over 50-60 will generally develop age-related illnesses such as bad backs and dementia. Also be advised that any skill left at zero at this point stands a decent chance of becoming completely and permanently incapable via your backstory, when I'm making your character.

HEALTH ISSUES:
You may also add 2 skill points or one interest point in exchange for starting with an addiction, permanent injury, or other such medical condition. Just tell me what the condition is, it's probably in there - everything from scars, to cancers, to burns, to organ problems (cirrhosis, bad back, asthma, etc). I recommend thinking REALLY HARD before doing this.

TRAITS:
You may optionally add up to 3 traits of your choosing. Not all traits are beneficial - some are negative, and some are mixed, but even negative traits can make the game more interesting. I also have installed a mod that adds more traits to choose from. If a trait is blatantly negative (for example, "Ugly"), you can take an extra skill point for it. If it is blatantly REALLY negative (for example, "Staggeringly Ugly"), you can take an extra interest point for it. There will be no penalty to you for choosing positive traits, however ("Pretty," "Beautiful," etc). If you would rather me pick traits I think suit your persona for you, I can do that, just let me know. Special note: if you want your character to be homosexual, this is where you specify that.

EQUIPMENT:
Every character will be given 10 vacu-packed emergency meals, a synthread (Space-Polyester!) Shirt, Pants, and Jacket in their choice of color (let me know what colors you want, otherwise the default is light blue), and choose one of the following:
A Colt M1911-pattern semautomatic pistol (Requires at least 4 in Shooting skill)
A plasteel knife (Requires at least 4 in Melee skill)
An untrained animal of your choice (Min handling skill varies, see chart and remember to specify gender) of 6 DPS or less.
Five Glitterworld medpacks (Requires at least 6 in Medicine skill) *note, the entire colony will already start with 30 regular medpacks
If none of the above requirements are met, you can opt to, instead, add 500 silver to the colony's starting cash, or take two extra skill points, or take one extra interest point.

Here, for example, will be my own character:
NAME: Buzzy "GasBandit" Pomona
BODY TYPE: Average
COMPLEXION: Olive
HEAD SIZE: Average
FACE SHAPE: Oval
HAIR STYLE: Topdog, Brown

SKILLS:
Shooting: 4
Melee: 4
Social: 0
Animals: 4
Medicine: 6
Cooking: 0
Construction: 6
Growing: 3
Mining: 3
Artistic: 0
Crafting: 6
Intellectual: 0

Interest points:
Shooting: 1
Medicine: 1
Construction: 2
Crafting: 1

HEALTH ISSUES:
Stab scar on right shoulder, +1 skill point to Shooting (now 5) (Edit: oops this should have been +2, oh well)

TRAITS:
Glutton (+25% eating speed)
Steadfast (Mental Break Threshold -9%)
Psychically Dull (-50% Psychic sensitivity)

Equipment:
Blue Jacket, Black shirt, Black pants
Pistol
When I plug all that in, it generates this character:

So, If you want to be represented in HALFORUMS HOUSE: RIMWORLD EDITION, please post in this thread. Again, this game has NO LIMIT to the number of characters we can have, so the more the merrier.

Last edited:
NAME: Brian "DarkAudit" Audit
COMPLEXION: Fair
FACE SHAPE: Square
HAIR STYLE: Topdog, Brown

SKILLS:
Shooting: 0
Social: 4
Animals: 0
Medicine: 6
Cooking: 6
Construction: 0
Growing: 3
Mining: 0
Artistic: 3
Crafting: 4
Intellectual: 6

Interest points:
Melee: 1
Cooking: 2
Intellectual: 1

EQUIPMENT:
Blue jacket, gold shirt
Plasteel knife

Last edited:
Because I'm boring... *grins*

NAME (First/Last)Lloyd Karron
GENDER (M/F): M
BODY TYPE: Muscular (ish? *grins*)
JAW SHAPE: Square
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Topdog (Military-style flat top), Brown

Shooting: 8 *
Melee: 8 **
Social: 4
Medicine: 2
Cooking: 2 *
Construction: 2
Growing: 2
Mining: 2
Artistic: 1
Crafting: 2 *
Intellectual: 5

HEALTH ISSUES:
Left Shoulder, healed fracture (if possible).

TRAITS:
Ascetic
Steadfast
Fast Walker

EQUIPMENT:
Dark Blue Jacket, Dark Blue Shirt, Dark Blue pants (and a shiny badge! )
A Colt M1911-pattern semautomatic pistol (Requires at least 4 in Shooting skill)

Last edited:
First, fill out your name and physical appearance:
NAME (First/Last): Francis Williamson "Frank"
COMPLEXION: Pale
JAW SHAPE: Oval
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Shaved, dirty blonde

SKILLS:
Shooting: 8
Medicine: 4
Cooking: 4
Construction: 4
Growing: 0
Artistic: 4
Crafting: 8

Interest points:
Shooting: 2
Construction: 1

Traits: Night Owl, Careful Shooter, Neurotic

Equipment: Pistol, blue jacket, grey shirt, blue pants

Hyyyype. Told my wife to get on here, since she watches your stream pretty regularly :p

NAME: Slippery "Denbrought" Spaniard
COMPLEXION: Olive
JAW SHAPE: Heart
HAIR STYLE: Messy, Black

SKILLS:
Shooting: 6*
Melee: 2
Animals: 2
Medicine: 10**
Cooking: 6*
Mining: 2
Crafting: 0
Intellectual: 8**

HEALTH ISSUES:
Missing eye (left) (extra interest point, cooking)

TRAITS:
Psychically Dull
Stutterer
Kind

EQUIPMENT:
Red Jacket, Red-shirt, Black pants
Colt Pistol

Absolutely fucking yes to this.

Name: Ronan "Null" Crowe
Body Type: Fat
Skin Tone: Fair
Head Size: Average
Jaw Shape: Oval
Hair Color and Style: Wavy and Grey

36 (and justifications)

Shooting
: 4 (it's been a while but I know how to shoot and practice with airsoft guns)
Melee: 4 (a couple years of Shorin-Ryu and some medieval swordplay)
Social: 2 (I'm kind of awkward)
Animals: 4 (animals are my kind of people) *
Medicine: 2 (taken some first aid courses)
Cooking: 6 (I'm not half bad at cooking) **
Construction: 1 (I'm clumsy with a hammer)
Growing: 3 (I do some gardening)
Mining: Noooope (I get creeped out in tunnels)
Artistic: 2 (I do some writing)
Crafting: 4 (chainmail/armoring) *
Intellectual: 4 (I love looking stuff up and learning about it) *

Traits: Night Owl, Too Smart, Glutton

Equipment: Colt M1911-pattern pistol, Grey jacket, black pants, red shirt (In all likelihood...)

Last edited:
(( I'm Denbrought's wife, he told me to come here and make a thingy))

NAME: --- "CynicalKat" ----
HAIR STYLE: Blue/Aqua short n wavy

SKILLS:
Melee: 0
Social: 6*
Animals: 8*
Medicine: 0
Construction: 6*
Artistic: 4
Crafting: 8**
Intellectual: 2

HEALTH ISSUES:
Asthma (+2 into social)

TRAITS:
Neurotic (Work speed +20%, Mental break threshold +8%)
Silver-tongued: Higher buff to TradePriceImprovement, RecruitPrisonerChance and SocialImpact.
Perfectionist

EQUIPMENT:
Black Jacket, Dark Blue shirt, Black pants
Spelopede F (req. 8 animal, backup is a Lynx (f) if you can't start with the cute bug thing)

GasBandit

Staff member
@Charon your Crush Scar - Left Shoulder (Closest I could get to healed fracture) entitles you to 2 more skill points or one more interest point. Which and where do you want?[DOUBLEPOST=1500754750,1500754731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hell yes, I'll get on this tomorrow...what's the deadline?
Not any time soon. Probably at least a week or two.

NAME Ashley "Ash" Ashterson
GENDER (M/F): Male
BODY TYPE: Fat
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Troubadour, Black

Backstory: I'd probably pick something growing or nature focused. (I'm just trying to grow my herbs in peace, man!)

Shooting: 3
Melee: 3
Social: 6 (Interest)
Animals: 4
Cooking: 2
Growing: 9 (Interest x2)
Artistic: 5 (Interest)
Crafting: 5 (Interest)

Health Issues: None

Traits: Kind, Chemical Interest, Psychically Sensitive (this is what my Tin Foil's for, man!)

Equipment: +500 Starting Silver
Shirt, Pants, and Jacket in Tan/Light Brown

NAME (First/Last)David N.
BODY TYPE: Fat
COMPLEXION: Tanned
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Curly, Black

Social: 1
Cooking: 4*
Growing: 2*
Mining: 7*
Artistic: 7*
Crafting: 7*
Intellectual: 7*
*=Interest Point

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Kind
Depressive
Glutton

EQUIPMENT:
Green Jacket, Orange Shirt, Blue Pants.
Extra Interest Point

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
@Cheesy1: Depressive gets you more points, but Glutton is actually beneficial - it doesn't make you eat more/more often, just makes you eat faster, which actually could be considered a positive thing in this game.

But I also see you have 6 interest points, so I think it works out ;)

NAME (First/Last): Kitty "Gruebeard" Sinatra
JAW SHAPE: Heartshaped
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Wavy Black (long if that's an option)

SKILLS:
Shooting: 6
Melee: 0
Social: 6
Animals: 7
Medicine: 7
Growing: 7
Crafting: 3

Interest points:
Animals: 2

Traits: Sanguine, Psychically Deaf, Nibbler.

Equipment: I want a cougar but danggit your meat rules don't allow it - even though a grizzly bear is allowed! Polar bears, too. So, Arctic Wolf. Female. Gray jacket, pink shirt, gray pants. (An Hawaiian shirt would be more fitting, but I doubt that's an option.

Last edited:
@Cheesy1: Depressive gets you more points, but Glutton is actually beneficial - it doesn't make you eat more/more often, just makes you eat faster, which actually could be considered a positive thing in this game.

But I also see you have 6 interest points, so I think it works out ;)
The sixth interest point was from my equipment option.

Added an extra point in Cooking for Depressive.

GasBandit

Staff member
@CynicalKat - Spelopedes are hostile to all humans by default, and while training it is technically possible, it starts out feral and will probably kill you. I'd think Lynx is probably your better option here.

I STAND CORRECTED. I have tested it, and there's no issues with you starting with a spelopede.

Last edited:
NAME: Michael "Mikerc" Someguy
HAIRSTYLE: SPSBeard
COLOUR: Brown

SKILLS:
Social: 3
Medicine: 4
Cooking: 1
Artistic: 5
Crafting: 8
Intellectual: 7

INTEREST:
Intellectual: 2

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Prosthophile
Night Owl
Fast Walker

EQUIPMENT:
Black Jacket, Blue Shirt, Black Pants
Knife

Last edited:
I'm at work and don't have the time to generate my character sheet until I get home. I'll post it when I get there. I'll be attempting to replicate myself as closely as possible within game limits (as I usually do for my first playthrough).

Hey, @GasBandit, is there any way to make the game grant @Dei a +bonus to shooting so long as she is shooting at @Terrik?

--Patrick

This is me. Let's see who will end up killing me.

NAME: Desiderio "Cog" Basigalupo.
COMPLEXION: Dark
HAIR STYLE: Messy, Grey

SKILLS:
Shooting: 3
Melee: 3
Animals: 6