[PC Game] Halforums House 3: Halforums Academy Semester 1 Complete!

GasBandit

Staff member
One big Thumbs-Up for the file names on this one especially! That theme through the whole day is outstanding!
Heh, thanks. There were a couple in there I debated whether the joke would be too obscure, or if it really fit the picture. But really these days, when I get an idea of how to do it, theme naming the pictures is half the fun of the exercise.

Heh, thanks. There were a couple in there I debated whether the joke would be too obscure, or if it really fit the picture. But really these days, when I get an idea of how to do it, theme naming the pictures is half the fun of the exercise.
I also was only waiting for a Joe Cock er ( :confused: ) pun.
:)

GasBandit

Staff member
I also was only waiting for a Joe Cock er ( :confused: ) pun.
:)
I was trying to stick to 80s groups as much as possible for this one, though I made an exception for Brownsville Station because I didn't think the joke would come across if I used Motley Crue. Joe's more of a 60s phenomenon I think.

I'm starting to think that my wife might be controlling Bubble's character.
A wife?! *slaps Shawn in handcuffs* Really, can't leave you alone one second, can I? :p

Y'know, I don't recall taking "jealous" as a character trait. Is it the Dirty Mind that makes me think everyone hugging Shawn's about to grope him, and Irritable causing me to overreact? Or is it just telepathy with the real life version seeping in? :p

GasBandit

Staff member
A wife?! *slaps Shawn in handcuffs* Really, can't leave you alone one second, can I? :p

Y'know, I don't recall taking "jealous" as a character trait. Is it the Dirty Mind that makes me think everyone hugging Shawn's about to grope him, and Irritable causing me to overreact? Or is it just telepathy with the real life version seeping in? :p
It seems to me that most everybody in this game seems to guard their declared lover like a mother hen. I think the only reason Justine got away with it for so long was that Jay had to try to keep tabs on two very outgoing girls at once, so obviously Justine found time during the lapses in surveillance to go bang Gusto a few times. But even that came to an end eventually.

I think the jealous trait might just function as a magnet. Regular lovers will still object to people spending time with their sweetheart, but Jealous types seem to do it to the exclusion of all else. At least Bubble finds time to make other friends rather than going all Laina Walker on Shawn 24/7. I just kinda ratcheted it up a notch when I assumed direct control of him, harbinger style.[DOUBLEPOST=1382324106,1382324011][/DOUBLEPOST]Ooh, that gives me.. I wonder if I have an idea for a celebrity transfer student for next semester. With the Jealous and Evil traits, naturally.

GasBandit

Staff member
Here's the outcome of that malevolent little notion that I'm considering for Semester 2:

laina.JPG

Name: Laina Walker
Body type: Average/Average
Skin: Normal
Eyes: Blue, Large as possible
Hair: Chestnut brown, shoulder length, parted on right, gets in left eye
Club: Kendo
Edu/Athletic: 3/3
Personality: Anygirl of no particularly outstanding nature
Sexual orientation: Bisexual (No, you girls aren't safe either!)
Self-Centeredness: Normal
Virtue/Morality: Average
Subconscious traits:
(1) Jealous - tends to focus exclusively on the object of their effection
(2) Evil - Break up with ME?! STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB

I'm not entirely sold on the idea, just thought it would be fun to kick around.

Here's the outcome of that malevolent little notion that I'm considering for Semester 2:

View attachment 12768

Name: Laina Walker
Body type: Average/Average
Skin: Normal
Eyes: Blue, Large as possible
Hair: Chestnut brown, shoulder length, parted on right, gets in left eye
Club: Kendo
Edu/Athletic: 3/3
Personality: Anygirl of no particularly outstanding nature
Sexual orientation: Bisexual (No, you girls aren't safe either!)
Self-Centeredness: Normal
Virtue/Morality: Average
Subconscious traits:
(1) Jealous - tends to focus exclusively on the object of their effection
(2) Evil - Break up with ME?! STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB

I'm not entirely sold on the idea, just thought it would be fun to kick around.
Is this a reference to something that I'm not aware of?

GasBandit

Staff member
Jesus Christ Shawnacy. You're married not dead.
He went over his... situation in another thread, which I had forgotten until he reminded me of it. I'll refrain from rehashing it, but suffice to say that leash is very, very short.[DOUBLEPOST=1382330466,1382330369][/DOUBLEPOST]
No way. She'd end up trying to hook up with me.
Interesting. Why you in particular, you think?

GasBandit

Staff member
Another idea in the brainstorming for next semester: Conscripted survivor. I beef up the ranks by building characters for every halforumite I can think of, whether they've volunteered or not, still post here or not, then we play elimination - All students' relationship data is reset (basically it'd be a reboot, not a continuation), and at the end of each (6 day) week, the student with the lowest popularity is transferred out, and so long as we have more waiting in the wings, a new HF student is transferred in to take their place. It could be a very interesting experience, the only hangup of course being some people may not want their digital selves participate in my little social experiments, or may be unhappy with the way I roll their characters. Any thoughts?

Another idea in the brainstorming for next semester: Conscripted survivor. I beef up the ranks by building characters for every halforumite I can think of, whether they've volunteered or not, still post here or not, then we play elimination - All students' relationship data is reset (basically it'd be a reboot, not a continuation), and at the end of each (6 day) week, the student with the lowest popularity is transferred out, and so long as we have more waiting in the wings, a new HF student is transferred in to take their place. It could be a very interesting experience, the only hangup of course being some people may not want their digital selves participate in my little social experiments, or may be unhappy with the way I roll their characters. Any thoughts?
I think anything that builds an end-game in is a good move. Even if you just arbitrarily decide when the story ends, we get an epilogue that provides some closure. I think adding in elements that heighten drama can be good and making it a contest can also be interesting, if you lay out the rules and an end-game.

I like it :)

GasBandit

Staff member
I just thought up a good name for it too: "Halforums Academy MXC"

Maybe if I'm really feeling ambitious I'll write the narration as Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship.[DOUBLEPOST=1382385620,1382385383][/DOUBLEPOST]I just really wish this game had more robust character creation for male characters.

GasBandit

Staff member
And then you could have a 'Painful Elimination of the Day'!! It would be brilliant.
There'd have to be a number of format changes, I think. I'd probably have to make a character to be an impartial observer who acts antisocially and rebuffs all approaches by others, which would reduce the number of screenshottable events by a fair amount, so I'd have to compensate by doing a week at a time. That way I ought to be able to get enough material for an update from the fights, confrontations, PDAs and nookie sessions just by having my puppet run from location to location as quickly as possible until I find something interesting to screenshot. Unfortunately that means most of the action would involve only the low resolution character models since you only see the high def character models when they are engaging in conversation with the player-controlled character. It's not ideal, but I worry to do otherwise (IE, to keep running it how I am now) would give too much of an advantage to whichever characters get randomly selected for it to be their "day" in that particular week.

Maybe I could compensate for the problem of limited male models by making it an all-girls school... As it is, half the time I couldn't tell Tinwhistler, Bones and Terrik apart at a glance. I shudder to think how repetitive the ranks would become with a massive influx of mostly male contestants.

GasBandit

Staff member
Stay tuned - coming in approximately one hour, Day 22 - The Assaulting of Eve Stienman

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
DAY 22: EVE STIENMAN

Eve is one of the more enigmatic students in the class. A naturally quiet girl who is both withrdrawn and introverted, much of the burden of socializing falls on other people. She also plays much closer to the vest since her first lover turned out to be homicidal, Terrik narrowly taking the bullet (or Bhamv's knife blade, to be literal) for Eve when Eve at first thought he was just stealing Bhamv. In any case, Eve and Klew DuckPirate have had a chaste crush on each other for most of the time since, and Eve is also great friends with Dei Skates. Little Kagsin and Lord Rendar are also extremely fond of Eve but for reasons I can't fathom Eve absolutely can't stand either of them. The rest of the class tends to view Eve with either ambivalence or distaste, and the feeling is mutual.

Naturally, Klew is the first person Eve runs into on the way to class. As is so often with the students these days, Klew's in a funk. Eve encourages her to cheer up, and of course it is effective.

1 - You've got a friend in me.JPG

Lord Rendar tries to stick his nose in their business, but the girls ain't havin' it.

2 - Short people.JPG

Eve suggests to Klew they go study. On the way to the library, they pass many known couples in the hallway - Bubble and Shawn, Rendar and Lana, as well as some rumored couples such as Frank and Kags.

3 - Sail away.JPG 4 - Political Science.JPG

When they finish studying, Klew asks Eve to go with her to the bathroom. When they arrive, Shakey's already there. Shakey and Eve don't particularly get along, but she's one of Klew's best friends, so Eve puts up with her. She tries to have a conversation with Shakey, but it falls flat.

5 - In Germany Before the War.JPG

As they leave, there's Lana Karron and Lord Rendar swappin' spit in the hallway again.

6 - Rosemary.JPG

They enter the classroom, which is empty, as it's much earlier than start of classes. Klew asks Eve to meet her in the courtyard.

7 - Lucinda.JPG

Nobody delays Eve on her way to the courtyard, which is good as she's not exactly the fastest runner around. Nobody's there when she arrives, which suits her fine - it's nice and quiet.

Klew arrives a few minutes later, and so do a bunch of other people - including Justine Me, Gusto and Mind Detective. MD doesn't much like Gusto talking to Justine - it's an open secret they were lovers previously, and Gusto has yet to cross that physical threshold with Mind Detective.

8 - The Girls in My Life.JPG

As the girls leave the courtyard together, Kags tries to talk to Eve behind the Gym, but Klew fends her off.

9 - Marie.JPG

Film Fanatic also has a cordial word for Eve, though they're pretty much strangers. Klew isn't as worried about him.

10 - Half a Man.JPG

They end up wandering to the roof, where they see Gusto and Justine talking again, alone this time.

11 - Guilty.JPG

Eve and Klew are content to spend a long, quiet interval together on the roof while everybody else rushes around and warbles like turkeys.

Eventually the pair set to wandering aimlessly again, and Klew has a brief chat with Gusto when they come upon him in the breezeway alone. The atmosphere is positive, despite what one might think from what has been observed of Gusto's morning thus far.

12 - Yellow Man.JPG

At the tennis courts, Kags catches Eve again, and this time Klew doesn't see it. But Eve Stienman isn't the kind to fly off the handle just because somebody she's not very fond of talks to her. She responds politely.

13 - Love is Blind.JPG

By the lockers, Klew is approached by Film Fanatic, who's obviously moony over her. He just keeps messing up and getting Klew's dander up, unfortunately (for him).

14 - Can't Keep a Good Man Down.JPG

The two girls continue meandering about campus and talking (mostly about classwork) until it's time for homeroom to begin.

Class goes excellently for Eve, as usual. At lunch, everybody seems to be in a rush to get somewhere else, but Klew and Gusto join her to eat.

Klew's in a particularly good mood. And nearby, Bubble and Shawn are eating as well, until Justine decides to inflict herself upon them. It's plain to see that she's already working on finding somebody new to cheat on her current boyfriend with.

15 - There's a Party at My House.JPG

Later, as the two are passing through the hall near the Library, they're caught by Shawn Acy, who asks Eve what she thinks of Kags.

16 - Simon Smith and the Amazing Dancing Bear.JPG

... and Mind Detective, asking what she thinks of Joe Whouk.

17 - Texas Girl at the Funeral of her Father.JPG

Eve also tries to say Hi to her friend Dei, but the two small girls are practically tripped over by Kags.

18 - I Love LA.JPG

In the process, Eve's fallen behind while Klew continued back to the roof again. When she catches up, she finds Klew beset by Film Fanatic again. The lad is persistent. But whatever they were talking about is over already, and Klew's still in a good mood, so it couldn't have been too trying an experience. Maybe the dipstick managed to say something right for once.

Joe approaches to talk to Eve when the girls pass through the breezeway, he seems bashful but earnest, asking supposedly hypothetical questions about what a guy should do about the girl he likes. Eve thinks he's an ok guy. For a guy. But it shouldn't be an issue - Eve suspects Joe's sweet on Little Kagsin.

19 - William Brown.JPG

Ashburner X wants to know what Eve thinks about Shawn Acy. Barely know the guy, really.

20 - Lonely at the Top.JPG

They pass Bones and Dei in the hallway. Eve thinks about saying hi, but Dei seems preoccupied, what with Bones' hands on her chest and everything.

21 - Tickle Me.JPG

Some time later in their walk-and-talk, the girls see Bones and Film Fanatic fighting behind the gym. Bones wins.

22 - Louisiana 1927.JPG

Klew comforts FF with a hug in the breezeway. Eve's not sure she likes this development, but it's not in her nature to be jealous. And besides, he really doesn't stand a chance - Klew and Eve and practically joined at the hip.

23 - Back on my Feet Again.JPG

Still, Eve can't help asking Klew what she thinks of Film. Klew responds that she hates him, but this contradicts the evidence of Eve's own eyes. Wonder if there's a little bit of Tsundere stuff going on here.

Things of this nature generally continue throughout the lunch period, with no other major upsets that they see, though rumor has it Frank got in a fistfight with Mind Detective at some point.

Afternoon classes, naturally, are also a breeze for Eve. Before she heads off to Swim class, she's spoken to again by Joe and Mind Detective, both of whom seem to be developing into her friends.

She and Klew stop by the roof, and find Shakey and Frank having a rematch!

24 - I Think it's Going to Rain Today.JPG

This time, Shakey gets the upper hand of Frank, and he's sent to the canvas. Er, Paveme.. whatever school rooftops are made of in Japan. That's quite an upset! Shakey's no slouch, but usually one would think she's a great deal weaker than Frank. She must have been keenly motivated.

25 - New Orleans Wins the War.JPG

Well, there's not a lot of time before swim club begins, so she says "see you later" to Klew and heads for the pool. When she arrives there, Bubble is already on the scene... and Justine is too. She's not in the swim club though, and leaves in a hurry when she sees Eve arriving. Bubble's not in the mood to talk about Justine.

26 - Same Girl.JPG

... Why are Kags and Raven in the girls' swim lockers? They're on the track team, they have their own lockers...

27 - Suzanne.JPG

Eve Stienman isn't particularly athletic but she gives it her all during practice.

When she's done changing after swimming, she sees Frank the Tank has come to meet Shawn Acy, and they seem very deep in discussion about something.

28 - Pants.JPG

As Eve passes through the courtyard, suddenly Shakey jumps out of a bush and pummels Eve's tiny body mercilessly. Maybe the rumors Bubble's been spreading around about her are true. Just wait till Eve tells Klew.

29 - I want you to hurt like I do.JPG

Eve finds Klew at the restrooms, and Klew immediately wraps her arms around poor Eve's bruised little frame.

30 - Falling in Love.JPG

Eve tells Klew how Shakey beat her up, and Klew can scarcely believe it of her friend. Long-dormant matronly instinct kicks in, and Klew gathers up the broken Eve and takes her home with her... and there, a different kind of instinct comes to the forefront.

31 - You can leave your hat on.JPG

But afterwards, they're left a little awkward and embarrasing, wondering if it wasn't a mistake to get carried away, and hoping it doesn't adversely affect their friendship.

END OF DAY 22

anything.JPG popularity.JPG sports.JPG study.JPG

Epilogue - Shakey's decision to take out her jealousy and frustration physically on the smallest and weakest girl in the grade has absolutely done her no favors on the popularity scale, while making sympathy for Eve Stienman come out of the woodwork where previously there was only a passing awareness. Indeed, it probably drove her best friend away and into the arms of her rival, though perhaps only temporarily. Ever since Raven, Klew doesn't seem so eager to get intimate or committed with anyone anymore, outside of extremely extenuating circumstances. In other relationship news, no confessions or breakups today, but Jay's two girls (Kags and Ash) are starting to get pretty tired of his shenanigans. Justine's still banging the hell out of Cheesy, despite her growing infatuation with Bubble. Justine's catching up to Dei gradually on the nympho scoreboard, but Lana Karron is closing rapidly on them both (23-20-16). However, because the first two girls' notches are split between more than one partner, that means Lana's steady boyfriend, Lord Rendar, is officially the most-banged guy on campus (also with 16, naturally). Poor Dirona's social life is an absolute wreck. Her only remaining friend is Shakey, though at least MD and Ash are still friendly-ish, but just about everybody else has completely had it with her. It's time for drastic intervention, which will come soon as tomorrow's the last day of the semester.

Poor AnimeFilm, trying to win the girl over but saying the wrong thing. There does seem to be some interesting development, however.

There'd have to be a number of format changes, I think. I'd probably have to make a character to be an impartial observer who acts antisocially and rebuffs all approaches by others, which would reduce the number of screenshottable events by a fair amount, so I'd have to compensate by doing a week at a time. That way I ought to be able to get enough material for an update from the fights, confrontations, PDAs and nookie sessions just by having my puppet run from location to location as quickly as possible until I find something interesting to screenshot. Unfortunately that means most of the action would involve only the low resolution character models since you only see the high def character models when they are engaging in conversation with the player-controlled character. It's not ideal, but I worry to do otherwise (IE, to keep running it how I am now) would give too much of an advantage to whichever characters get randomly selected for it to be their "day" in that particular week.

Maybe I could compensate for the problem of limited male models by making it an all-girls school... As it is, half the time I couldn't tell Tinwhistler, Bones and Terrik apart at a glance. I shudder to think how repetitive the ranks would become with a massive influx of mostly male contestants.
I was honestly just trying to be funny.

GasBandit

Staff member
Day 23 - Joe Whouk

Joe's the new kid in class, having transferred in very late in the semester. He hasn't had much time to insinuate himself into an already complex and ever-shifting social landscape, but he's done alright - he's pretty good friends with Gusto, and also has friendships going with Kags and now Eve Stienman. Even those aside, he's generally managed to make a positive impression on the vast majority of his fellow students - especially Dirona, though her actions (probably brought on by her extremely self destructive mental state) have led to Joe finding himself repelled by her. Here it is the last day of the semester before summer break (Yes, the semesters are flipped in Japan, with a school year starting in spring and ending in winter), and despite his introverted and withdrawn nature, Joe finds himself gripped by the hand of fate and is determined to make today his best day yet.

Heading off to school, Joe notes the lack of other foot traffic.

1 - Morning Joe.JPG

In fact, he makes it all the way to school without seeing another soul. Even in the entrance way, it's a ghost town. This is very odd, did Joe's clock reset itself this morning or something?

2 - Joe Satriani.JPG

No, to his relief, other people ARE in fact here. He runs into the first of his classmates in the upstairs hallway, where Lana Karron asks him to show her his notes from last night's assignments.

3 - Yo Joe.JPG

Toward the end of their study session, Bubble and Justine also enter the library. But it doesn't look like they've got homework on their minds. Lana goes and tells them to knock it off. She's one to talk!

4 - Joe Mantegna.JPG

Justine leaves in a huff, and Lana departs soon after, while Klew and Shakey enter. Klew speaks briefly to Joe about club attendance, and since he's got his stuff out already, Joe invites all 3 other people still present to study with him. They take him up on the offer.

5 - Joe Namath.JPG

When the next batch of people come in, Kags is among the pack, and Joe makes special effort to invite her in as well. He's kind of sweet on her, and knows she could really use the help.

6 - Joe Montana.JPG

When there's enough studying done all around, everybody packs up and disperses across campus again. Joe notes, however, as he leaves, there's some kind of confrontation going on between Justine, Bubble and Cheesy. He decides it's best to stay clear of what's going on over there.

7 - Joe Stalin.JPG

Back at the entrance, he sees Mind Detective, and has a very pleasant conversation with her.

8 - Joe Perry.JPG

Shawn Acy also talks to him in the Breezeway, asking how he's doing. Shawn's been nice to him since he got here, too, though they haven't socialized much. Joe takes a few minutes to pick his brain as well.

9 - Joe Biden.JPG

When he passes by the entrance again, he sees that Shakey has just finished serving another beatdown to Bubble again. She's such a violent girl. Bubble's eyes burn with the hatred of a dying sun.

10 - Joseph Conrad.JPG

As Shakey leaves, Joe goes to help Bubble back to his feet and assuage his anger. Bubble is grateful.

11 - Joe Jackson.JPG

He goes and finds Shakey, and tries to sweet talk her into not getting into so many fights. With Shakey, it's hard to tell if anything you tell her makes an impression - something's a little loopy between her ears.

12 - Joe Kennedy.JPG

With that, it's time for homeroom. The morning classes proceed very well, with the morning's studying paying dividends. At noon, Dirona, Gusto and Ash all join his open invite to lunch. Oddly enough, lunch is a little tense with the three of them.

It soon becomes apparent why - Gusto's got a case of the blues, which Joe helps his friend unload.

13 - Joseph Mascolo.JPG

Of course, Dirona's depressed as well, but there's only so much Joe can do for her.

14 - Joseph Campanella.JPG

Shawn joins them a little later, and he's grumpy about something. Joe lets him vent.

15 - Famous Joe's Pizza.JPG

After eating, Joe goes walking. Behind the gym, he sees a somewhat comical display as Kags breaks off a hug from Shawn to go break up Ash talking to Frank.

16 - Joe DiMaggio.JPG

Mind Detective spots him there, and asks Joe to eat with her. Joe isn't in the habit of turning down meals OR girls.

17 - Eat at Joe's.JPG

While they eat, Joe sees gusto across the other side of the roof, his arms around Raven Poe. He's getting to be good friends with both Gusto and MD, and doesn't want to cause strife between them, so he keeps it to himself. But he reminds himself to have a talk with Gusto later.

18 - Joe Friday.JPG

He finds his friend Eve Stienman skulking about the library annex hallway. She mentions she's hungry, so Joe steels his resolve and his stomach lining for another encounter with raw fish wrapped in seaweed.

19 - Fat Joe.JPG

Afterwards, she looks much more chipper.

20 - Joe's Crab Shack.JPG

Jay appears on the roof, to trash talk Shakey to Joe.

21 - Joe Scarborough.JPG

When all that's done, he exchanges pleasantries with Kags in the hallway.

22 - Joe Jonas.JPG

The talk is going well, until Lord Rendar sticks his big hairy face inbetween them.

23 - Joe Walsh.JPG

He passes Dei and Cheesy hugging in the entrance hall, but it seems a more commiserative embrace than intimate.

24 - Jose Canseco.JPG

He sees Ashburner X looking uncharacteristically huffy in the breezeway, and tries to assuage her as well. He's getting to be the class morale officer today, at this rate.

25 - Joe T. Garcia's.JPG

All this business of being the porter for other people's emotional baggage starts to get to Joe. In fact, to such a degree that Mind Detective notices his distress and lets him bellyache in her presence for a bit.

26 - Trader Joe.JPG

As the two leave and enter the breezeway, Mind Detective is attacked by Justine. Justine's tied with Frank and Tin Whistler for the most formidable student in class, there's little Joe can do to stop the beating that ensues.

27 - Joseph Gordon-Levitt.JPG

But he can return MD's favor, and be the shoulder she needs after so fresh a humiliation.

28 - Joey Lauren Adams.JPG

Dirona's not a fan of that, however.

29 - Joe Piscopo.JPG

And as if things weren't horrible enough, Frank also comes around a corner and decks MD, sending her back to the pavement. Joe screams about the unfairness of it all, trying to elicit sympathy for MD from the other students nearby.

30 - Joseph Smith.JPG

He also has quite a job trying to lift Mind Detective's spirits after that... there's only so much one sympathetic guy can do when a girl gets the business end of a haymaker twice within minutes of each other. Eager to get her out of this situation, he escorts MD to the infirmary.

31 - Joseph Lister.JPG

Then it's time for afternoon classes. Joe is in top scholastic form, today.

As classes wrap up, Eve Stienman quizzes him about Dei Skates. She's a cordial acquaintance of Joe's.

32 - Joe McCarthy.JPG

There's a confrontation between Kags, Ash and Jay. Anybody not see THAT coming? How long does that Lothario think he can string two girls along? Joe leaves to give them their privacy. But as he flees, he hears raised voices getting louder and louder.

33 - Joseph Kony.JPG

At the entrance lockers, Kags catches up to Joe and asks him to meet her on the roof.

34 - Joey Fatone.JPG

Dei's on the roof when he gets there, and Shawn arrives shortly after to talk about the schoolwork. He also warns Joe that Tin Whistler is a dangerous guy, and that it'd be best if he stayed away from Raven Poe altogether.

35 - Joey Lawrence.JPG

Dirona also approaches Joe on the roof, but gets stumbletongued and cuts herself short.

36 - Joe Frazier.JPG

Frank comes along shortly after that, and there's a ManHug.

37 - Joe Manganiello.JPG

Kags finally appears, but she's dragging her feet. Time for the booster to step in.

38 - Joe Lieberman.JPG

Fortunately it doesn't take much to cheer her up, and then Kags goes to have a word with Frank - and Dirona takes the opportunity to approach Joe and ask him to meet her behind the Gym. He's going to be late to baseball practice if this keeps up.

39 - Jo Anne Worley.JPG

Bubble arrives before Dirona, and reminds him of that very fact - it's about time for clubs to start up!

40 - Joey Ramone.JPG

Of course, then Justine shows up, and Bubble's distracted. Shawn looks on from afar.

41 - Joanna Moore.JPG

Dirona, fortunately, doesn't take much longer to show up. Joe's trying his hardest to be nice to her, it's not her fault she's a wreck. Dirona asks him his opinion of Justine.

42 - Joseph Campbell.JPG

Just as the conversation is getting going, there's no time left. They have to leave that very instant or be late for their club meetings.

The dash to the ballfield serves as warmup for Joe, and he manages to do ok at practice.

After practice, he and Gusto banter while they get ready to go home. They're getting to be thick as thieves, these two.

43 - Joe Cronin.JPG

Mind Detective is still kind of upset from Lunch. Joe tries to cheer her up.

44 - Josephine Kablick.JPG

Then Dirona tries to talk to Joe, but Mind Detective cuts her off. "Excuse me, I was talking to him..."

45 - Joe Arpaio.JPG

When Dirona leaves, an odd look comes over Mind Detective, and when Joe gives her an interrogative glance, he finds her arms around him.

46 - Joe Louis.JPG

Joe is conflicted. "But... but what about Gusto?" he asks her. She assures him there's nothing wrong, and it's just a hug, in any case, nothing to get mad about! And speak of the devil, look who shows up to ask what's going on.

47 - Joe Don Baker.JPG

Joe blurts an unintelligible apology and flees from the scene. He runs into Dirona in the breezeway. She notes he looks flushed.

48 - Joe vs the Volcano.JPG

As they chat and wander, they end up on the rooftop... along with Gusto and Justine. Joe starts to wonder if his respect for boundaries is unique around here.

49 - Joseph Ducreux.JPG

Regardless, time for Dirona and Joe slips away quickly and without notice. Suddenly the lateness of the hour strikes them, and Dirona asks Joe to walk her home. He obliges, of course.

50 - Joe Cocker.JPG 51 - Joseph Joestar.JPG

He bids her farewell at her doorstep, and then heads home himself. It's been quite a day with ups and downs, but he feels like he's gotten more accomplished today than any other in his time at the Academy.

END OF DAY 23, END OF THE FIRST SEMESTER

anything.JPG popularity.JPG sports.JPG study.JPG

Epilogue: Joe's had an extremely productive day. Through a combination of study habits, diplomacy and kindness he's shot from 9th in popularity and scholastics to 1st and 2nd, respectively (and he's only second in marks by 0.02%). He's largely gotten over his discomfort with Dirona, and they're getting along pretty well now. Also, he's now friends not only with Dirona but Eve Stienman, Gusto, Jay, Kags, Mind Detective, Ashburner X, Bubble and Shawn Acy as well. In fact there are one or two in there who might have an eye on him for a little more than friends. He may not have ended the semester with a "bang," but it's no mean feat for a latecoming transfer student to end the semester the most popular and almost tied for the smartest. Way to go, Joe. In other relationship news, Joe may have been a tornado of goodwill moving throughout the school, but wherever he wasn't, dischord ran rampant. Kags and Jay have finally split up, and their parting was not a pleasant one. Ash is sticking by Jay, though. A major schism is brewing between Klew and Shakey, no doubt due to Shakey's continued violent behavior. Amazingly enough, Lord Rendar also let Lana Karron go - he couldn't keep up with her any more I suppose. She didn't take it well, and while he still considers her a friend she's mad enough at him to spit nickels. As often as Gusto is seen around Justine, she's decided he's not her type any more - she's still with Cheesy, but spending more and more time around Bubble... which has put a very serious strain on his relationship with Shawn - honestly I expect their breakup within a day or two.. and that'll be it for the swim team's hopes for the championship this year, at the very least.