Halforums Academy 2 Story Commentary Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
If anyone thinks dancing MMD videos are creepy as fuck, boy oh boy do I have a rabbit hole for you to fall down... or 20.

GasBandit

Staff member
And now @Kags got robbed of a perfect full combo on hard mode because it thought she cut one block near the beginning with the wrong saber.

I'm getting better at the model conversions and the dynamic bone setup. Wrists are starting to be less awkward, hair now moves, and skirts are starting to respect legs as physical boundaries (though crouching is still problematic).

GasBandit

Staff member
Side note - It feels really weird doing the cutesy poses for the thumbnails to these videos. It's one thing to pose models in MMD... it's another thing entirely to have to strike the pose yourself. Kinda makes me feel like I'm cosplaying in drag and putting a liiiiiittle too much effort into it.

Side note - It feels really weird doing the cutesy poses for the thumbnails to these videos. It's one thing to pose models in MMD... it's another thing entirely to have to strike the pose yourself. Kinda makes me feel like I'm cosplaying in drag and putting a liiiiiittle too much effort into it.
I want to hear you giggle

And now @Kags got robbed of a perfect full combo on hard mode because it thought she cut one block near the beginning with the wrong saber.

I'm getting better at the model conversions and the dynamic bone setup. Wrists are starting to be less awkward, hair now moves, and skirts are starting to respect legs as physical boundaries (though crouching is still problematic).
FOREVER ROBBED!!

Also, I like this, this is rad.

GasBandit

Staff member

Trying to go for expert level, I accidentally shifted a bit too far to the right and clocked my fist right into the edge of the table in my office. I've got a big old welt on my index knuckle that's promising to bruise up real pretty. I keep saying I'm gonna move that table. I really should do that.

Anyway, @Terrik 's avatar is in the same folder on my website as the others, now.

I've been hoping the last few years for Illusion to make a new game that isn't pure junk (ex: koitaku). AA3 needs to be released.... maybe AG4. ;)

Man, I bet trying Nine Inch Nails' "Perfect Drug" would require you to actually be a Jedi Master.

Also, I bet Mirwais' "Disco Science" would be pretty awesome in Beat Saber.

GasBandit

Staff member
I tried using a new method to process the ripped meshes from the game, to see if it would make things easier and faster to process the rest of the class.

Not really, not by much :/ It seems the problem is that Artificial Academy 2 has a lot of non-standard ways of handling models. In addition to all the morphed model changes being memory-resident extra data that isn't extracted (so, for example, in game a girl may have a smaller bust or a larger bust, but when the model is ripped, the modifier data for her body shape doesn't make the transition so the model reverts to the default size, same with hair, same with body thickness, etc), the game uses an odd coordinate system and shading technique that means that something to the effect of eight copies of every mesh are there to get ripped and the head and all its parts are put "on the floor" instead of on the top of the neck.

So any hopes I had of more quickly processing more characters were dashed :/ it'd still take about 2 weeks of me doing NOTHING else with my spare time to do even one model.

GasBandit

Staff member
@Amy 's now in the mix. She has the same skirt-becomes-shorts problem Shego does (and Petra probably will), but what ya gonna do.

It took me like 20 tries and 250 calories (according to the counter) for me to get a full combo on this.

And then I discovered OBS wasn't actually recording.

So I had to perfect combo it AGAIN.

And I discovered that, for some reason, OBS didn't capture the audio from the headset.

So I had to do it AGAIN.

ONLY TO FUCK UP IN THE LAST FEW NOTES. /ragequit.

It's too bad the oculus doesn't do full body motion capture. During the swishy-sashay parts, my hips were swaying like a sex god(dess).

OBS wasn't actually recording.

So I had to perfect combo it AGAIN.

OBS didn't capture the audio from the headset.

So I had to do it AGAIN.
After you finally finish that new Oculus-worthy computer you're building, you can repurpose your current one to handle the video streaming and recording.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
After you finally finish that new Oculus-worthy computer you're building, you can repurpose your current one to handle the video streaming and recording.

--Patrick
Would not have helped in this instance. The first time, it was just me being a dumbass and forgetting to click buttons. Second time, it was a recurring issue where often the rift headset acts like it's been unplugged then immediately plugged back in again, which deletes its audio devices in the list then creates new ones, and OBS isn't smart enough to self-update when that happens.

So...do you just need to get a Shure lapel mic to go with your kit and point OBS at that? Or do you mean the song audio?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
So...do you just need to get a Shure lapel mic to go with your kit and point OBS at that? Or do you mean the song audio?

--Patrick
Song audio. Ironically it DID catch my mic input, so all that was in the audio was "HUFF HUFF HUFF PANT DAMMIT WHEEZE HUFF HUFF GOD DAMMIT"