Halforums Academy 2 Story Commentary Thread

Wait... was I making out with someone other than Doc Cupcake in one of those shots? It may have been a hug too... but regardless, I'm the only dark haired girl other than Raven and I didn't see Doc.

GasBandit

Staff member
"Normalfags go die"?
Sorry, I meant to make a note about that. That's a mistranslation on the part of the people who did the english UI hack. A more accurate localized idiom would be "Needs to get a room." "Normalfags go die" is the status that shows up when someone witnesses someone they're friendly with getting physical/intimate with someone else a lot. So the people who get all lovey-dovey in public (or more) end up with others having that status torward them. But it is still green (friendly).

The color code is -

White - undecided or dislikes
Light Green - like/friendly
Intense Green - BEST FRIEND EVER
Light Pink - like/crush/love
Intense Pink - COMPLETELY INFATUATED
Light blue - Moderate hate
Dark Blue - MAXIMUM HATE
Purple - Used force or coercion (bully interactions).
RED - SHIT HAS GOTTEN REAL.[DOUBLEPOST=1416689793,1416689675][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait... was I making out with someone other than Doc Cupcake in one of those shots? It may have been a hug too... but regardless, I'm the only dark haired girl other than Raven and I didn't see Doc.
I must have missed it.. at what time index?

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, Gusto, you monster.
This game is the ultimate in gender equality. There is no sex discrimination when it comes to fighting, it seems. Though for sneak attacks, guys get sucker punches and girls get slaps, though the results are the same.

GasBandit

Staff member
2:19. I might just be talking to someone though. It's far enough in the background that it's not entirely clear.
Yeah, that's just you talking to Film Fanatic with your back to the camera. Your character hunches over forward as part of her "shrinking violet" personality/posture.[DOUBLEPOST=1416692533,1416692471][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's weird watching Dei struggle to socialize when the other characters seemed to have so many people revolve around them.
I think she's the only one who chose a social difficulty as one of her quirks, in a class full of extroverts.

I think she's the only one who chose a social difficulty as one of her quirks, in a class full of extroverts.
See, this is why I didn't pick one this time ether. If you have one, you don't interact with others and it keeps you out of the game. It almost feels like we shouldn't use them at all because it reduces the action.

GasBandit

Staff member
I gave Cheesy "Pessimistic," which is why he's a grumpy downer all the time.
True, but it doesn't stop you from socializing - even if the interactions are negative in nature. "Bad with girls" makes her never interrupt a conversation where another female is involved, and suffers an actual mathematical penalty to relationship increases with other girls.

See, this is why I didn't pick one this time ether. If you have one, you don't interact with others and it keeps you out of the game. It almost feels like we shouldn't use them at all because it reduces the action.
I think my Avatar has one, she has the lazy trait.

I had my chance to be the in the spotlight sex in public person last time, I decided to go for wallflower this time. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I have to wonder what would have happened if Dei hadn't broken up our fight.
Tough to say. Rendar's current strength score is 50% higher than yours.. but you use Irregular style, which generally beats One Blow, which is Rendar's style. Of course, it's not foolproof - Mindy vs Gusto is also Irregular vs One Blow, and he beats her every time (though the strength disparity is larger).[DOUBLEPOST=1416699489,1416699366][/DOUBLEPOST]
(Was that Julie Brown playing at karaoke?)
Yep.