HalChat IV won't stay shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I click on the arrow to shut the box, but every time I come back to the main forums page it's open again.

I still don't see why you don't direct folks over to the IRC channel. There's little to no extra coding to screw up the rest of the boards that way (right?)

Dave

Staff member
IRC is not for everyone and is not affiliated with our site. Hence the #pvponline name. Also, some people have had concerns about the user friendliness of IRC. Registering nicks and all that jazz. ALSO, an integrated chat function allows the users to just start chatting without having to relog in, change names, etc.

I'll look into your issue, though.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I can't duplicate this. When I go back in it's still minimized.

Are you completely logging out & back in or just surfing within the forum?

I'm having this same issue. (I use Hal Black)

Basically, I have the Shoutbox, and most of the sections of the forums I don't care for minimized. When I go back, since this morning, they are all expanded again.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I logged out and back in. Changed skin (blue is pretty neat). Still the same issue.

Interesting enough, I cannot minimize the TOP 10 stats.

Dave

Staff member
Bloody weird. I have switched to every style and can not duplicate any of that. I wonder if it's something in group settings.

I also use Firefox.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Tried it with IE 8... same issue.

Also noticed the same issue with minimizing Archives.

I am using FF and I have the same issue (although it doesn't really bother me)

Closed HalChat

Refresh page and it is open

IRC is not for everyone and is not affiliated with our site. Hence the #pvponline name. Also, some people have had concerns about the user friendliness of IRC. Registering nicks and all that jazz. ALSO, an integrated chat function allows the users to just start chatting without having to relog in, change names, etc.

I'll look into your issue, though.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I can't duplicate this. When I go back in it's still minimized.

Are you completely logging out & back in or just surfing within the forum?
Just surfing back and forth in the forum.

I wasn't talking about the #pvponline channel, I meant the #halforums channel, which is still there, and still owned by either you or Ame.

There's no difference between registering nicks in IRC or registering a nick in here. It's a security precaution to make sure you are you. If someone had a technical issue with registering a nick, there are plenty of people to help then get it done. If they just don't want to register, they better have a damn good reason.

Dave

Staff member
This is a usergroup permissions issue. When I logged out & back in as DaveTest it happened to me, too. Now I just have to figure out which setting is doing it.

Well something happened between the night of the 13th and the 14th. That much is obvious. I got this issue with 3 different computers running both Firefox and IE. Issue has been duplicated by staff and multiple people are being affected by this. This is not theme related but definitely member group related. I loved my setup and due to this sudden change I have a shitload of undesirable things appearing such as the sub forums, archives, the shoutbox, stats, the weather channel, what's going on.. etc. I know "tough luck" but really though if this can be solved, it would HUGE for me. Board feels broken.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.