[Drawing] Gusto's Drawings and Paintings

What happened to the painting you made of one of my pictures? Do you still have it? I really liked it :)
Kisses to you, Gustito :**

Wow looking at this pics at this resolution is soooo awesome. Not that I don't love your texts, but I've been without internet since Sunday, so this is an awesome treat :D

My parents recently got a few new TVs that I helped them install. Now our house is full of long, tall, thin cardboard boxes and sheets of styrofoam and so forth.

Sometimes appropriate shipping materials just present themselves. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1382216337,1382216305][/DOUBLEPOST]I also have at least one more progress pic that I've sent to Leigh but never posted online. Maybe I'll do that today.

COMMENT!

I know you've already heard my reply via text, but damn it looks great.

My sister really likes the dress flowing, and my best friend loves the orange/dark orange background; his favourite colour is orange and he likes the 'warmth' in the marriage of the two shades.

COMMENT!

I know you've already heard my reply via text, but damn it looks great.

My sister really likes the dress flowing, and my best friend loves the orange/dark orange background; his favourite colour is orange and he likes the 'warmth' in the marriage of the two shades.
I'm glad y'all are liking it. I estimate only a few more hours work necessary on this beast. I hope to have it to you by the end of the year.

Sorry for the delay in response (I have been busy with work).

That is an amazing picture, I am truly envious of you abilities!

Here are a few shots of the painting I'm working on next. I've posted some planning sketches of it earlier, I think:

This one's not on commission for the first time since 2011, so who knows how quickly I'll get it done. I just had my New Years's resolution to do three paintings this year, but it's unlikely I'll finish this in the next 6 weeks.

Oh, I really like that! I second the lovely expression, and I really like the soft curve on her lips, and flow to her hair.

Maybe I'll have more than one Gusto original in my possession..... >.>

Oh, I really like that! I second the lovely expression, and I really like the soft curve on her lips, and flow to her hair.

Maybe I'll have more than one Gusto original in my possession..... >.>
Haha, that'd be welcome! Maybe you can show my progress on this to your friends as well. :)

!!!

Maaan Gusto.... You're a damn hero. I am showing this off to my employees right the hell now.
You're gonna love this thing man. Still needs a bit of detailing but it's otherwise finished. Note that these photos don't really show the darks correctly though, which you can tell by looking at her hair. The colours are also a bit less saturated.

But these are just process pictures taken on my cell phone - I intend to take a variety of higher-quality photos of the finished piece before shipping to you. :)

A few detail shots of the finished piece, unfortunately still with a low-quality camera.

This one's just for funsies. ;)

The finished piece, in high-quality, with colours corrected as much as my limited Photoshop knowledge will allow me:

I am the proud owner of my first piece of commissioned art. I am happier than I can say about it! This is just a phone pic; I'll have to take some with my actual camera.

Use what materials are on hand when you get te sudden urge to practice drawing girls wit short hair, that's what I say.

I've got the house to myself this week so I'm taking the opportunity to work on one of my WIPs, plus starting something new:

I finished that painting tonight.

I've been wanting to experiment with doing smaller, faster paintings - much more dashed off and freeform that the big elaborate paintings I've done here previously that take like 3-9 months to do.

Not counting time for setup or cleanup, from finding a reference image and first putting pencil directly to pencil to canvas with no warmup, this whole painting took me about 2.5 hours.

I'm interested to see if I can do something even faster, but I've got actual paid work I should get to first.

Pics will be up when it's dry. :)