[Drawing] Gusto's Drawings and Paintings

I was gonna start something new tonight but I'm headachey and altogether not feeling that well. Sorry guys.

I was gonna start something new tonight but I'm headachey and altogether not feeling that well. Sorry guys.
Boooo! Get drunk and Paint![/QUOTE]

That'll be my Thursday night if things don't go to plan. See also: crying and collapsing on the cellar floor in sadness.

Right now, I just think I'm coming down with something...

Is anyone interested in commissioning an oil painting from me?

I've recently finished a painting and am looking for something new to work on! If you think you'd be interested in commissioning me for a painting, please let me know!

Prices start at ~$60 CAD for an 8"x10" abstract, and all things are negotiable!

Let a brother know!

Gusto's Drawings and Paintings (NOW LOOKING FOR COMMISSIONS)

Guess not.

I'll be getting to work on 1-3 new paintings sometime this week. And I'm getting really antsy to put the finishing touches on my current painting once it finally fucking dries.

In the meantime, I coloured a sketch of mine:

Cajungal

Staff member

Like it. :) I like the way you draw hair and eyes.

Thanks.

This one was weird to colour because it was based on a sloppy-ass sketch.

So I decided to go with some sloppy-ass colouring and I guess it works okay.

Would like to see some more work, I might be interested in some character artwork.

Would like to see some more work, I might be interested in some character artwork.
Ooooo!

All the examples I have of my work worth showing are on the front page. If it looks like I might be able to provide for you, or if you have any questions about something outside of my displayed "expertise", fire me a PM.

E

Element 117

It's ok, but you need to paint more. Push yourself farther. This looks... good, but resting on your laurels sense. Try harder!

W

Wasabi Poptart

I have to agree with Amy. I love the background, but the woman looks like you rushed to get her on there. It's not a bad painting. I think it's kind of like when I start writing stories after a long time of being away from it. I have to do some exercises to really get my creativity flowing again.

E

Element 117

I can't pos rep you anymore. So instead I'll just sit here. Naked. Paint moar!

Word. New painting begins tomorrow afternoon, after I'm done work.

Ahh! I like it more now that I know the semitransparent look was done on purpose. Yes, it's good. I think I'd buy that.

Cajungal

Staff member

Agree about the girl looking a little bit rushed. I think that the heavy lines look a little strange against the sort of soft colors. But I still love the idea of it and the emotions that the picture inspires in me. I'm so happy you've been working on your art this summer!

It ain't much to look at yet but it is proof that I am working on something.

Gusto! I just got given a ton of oil paint!

Any tips on using these?

Be careful! They stain super easily and are more finicky to use than acrylics. Also you'll need mineral spirits to clean your brushes and to use as a solvent, and probably linseed oil to thin them out. I recommend having a bunch of paper towels lying around to wipe brushes on or clean up solvent if necessary.

Other than that, have fun! Oils spread and mix very nicely and you can really get some crazy shit going on. :)

Goddamnit!

I have four paintings I wanna work on and not enough time to do ANY.

COME ON WEEKEND.

The cool thing about working on two paintings at once is that all the setup and cleanup is, well, for more than one painting. Especially convenient when you're only working on basic background glazes.

Pics to come when my camera charges. :)

These are both going to be portraits, which I will start on in earnest once I finish the last background layers, probably sometime in the next couple days.

The green canvas is smaller than what I'm used to working with, only 8x10".

This just came to me the other day and I've had it stuck in my head ever since.

Muse

I hope to use this character more in the future.

Thanks Shego. :) I don't think she's out of my head just yet, so it might be soon!

WHO KNOWS

I really like it. She looks sweet. :)

However...her anatomy is a bit off. This might be your style but I am curious as to weather you can draw an accurate representation of the human form. I know that I have difficulty but I've been working on it.