Great Dad or Greatest Dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest news update:

A man came home from work one day, entered his son's bedroom, and discovered him having sex with a girl. In a fit of passion, the man immediately charged into the room... to give his son props and fist-bumps.

Oh double standards of society, you so crazy.

Alternative:

Man finds his son (or daughter) having sex with another man (or woman). He promptly closes the door, vows to never acknowledge it again, and proclaims that the family is going to start going to church again.

D

Deschain

This is the worst response ever from someone using the handle of Deschain! :nono:
If it were my kid, that would be a totally different story sir.

You know, I think Morgoth's right: you just don't understand unless you're the father of a girl.
I have a daughter that I would kill (as in kill other people, not her so much) to protect from harm. BUT, I would never think to shoot a guy she's having consensual sex with. Chances are I'd toss the guy across the room a little and boot his ass out the door naked (since I find it more than a little disrespectful to pork a guys 16-year-old daughter in his house when there's a chance of getting caught).

But put 4 bullets in the guy? Sorry, you guys are either psychopaths or internet wannabe superheroes. Guess which I find more likely.

I

Iaculus

You know, I think Morgoth's right: you just don't understand unless you're the father of a girl.
I have a daughter that I would kill to protect from harm. BUT, I would never think to shoot a guy she's having consensual sex with. Chances are I'd toss the guy across the room a little and boot his ass out the door naked (since I find it more than a little disrespectful to pork a guys 16-year-old daughter in his house when there's a chance of getting caught).

But put 4 bullets in the guy? Sorry, you guys are either psychopaths or internet wannabe superheroes. Guess which I find more likely.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I think Morgoth's subtly extracting the Michael here. Some of his comments seem just a little too OTT.

I have a daughter that I would kill to protect from harm. BUT, I would never think to shoot a guy she's having consensual sex with. Chances are I'd toss the guy across the room a little and boot his ass out the door naked (since I find it more than a little disrespectful to pork a guys 16-year-old daughter in his house when there's a chance of getting caught).

But put 4 bullets in the guy? Sorry, you guys are either psychopaths or internet wannabe superheroes. Guess which I find more likely.[/quote]

To be honest, I think Morgoth's subtly extracting the Michael here. Some of his comments seem just a little too OTT.[/quote]
Hey, we know how you view sex with teenage girls.

I

Iaculus

But put 4 bullets in the guy? Sorry, you guys are either psychopaths or internet wannabe superheroes. Guess which I find more likely.[/quote]

To be honest, I think Morgoth's subtly extracting the Michael here. Some of his comments seem just a little too OTT.[/quote]
Hey, we know how you view sex with teenage girls.[/QUOTE]

... As something that creepy Icarus guy favours?

M

Mr_Chaz

That kid's going to have nightmares the rest of his life and will never have sex again.

If it was rape, I'd say he deserved it. But it was just two teenagers going at it. The father overreacted big time.

Ha! Tell me that when you come home after a long day of work, drudge upstairs, and open your bedroom door only to find some hoodlum, punk hammering away while your daughter is sprawled out spread eagle on your side of the bed.

I don't believe I'd have it in me to actually shoot the guy, but I do believe I'd slam him into the door-jam a few times before branding him on the ass with the embossed Nike logo on the bottom of my shoe. That would at the least make him think twice about pulling that kind of crap in my house.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dammit, how can you have your post work nap when they're doing it on your side of the bed? Tell 'em to scoot over and keep the noise down.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Also, shooting people is bad.

Hey, we know how you view sex with teenage girls.[/quote]

... As something that creepy Icarus guy favours?[/QUOTE]

Hey, we know how you view sex with teenage girls.[/QUOTE]

Winner!

H

Heavan

Good lord, you guys don't own your daughters for the love of god try and act like you're old enough to be a dad.

Or else have fun with assault charges because beating up the guy will still land you in prison.

S

Steven Soderburgin

IN MY HOUSE MY DAUGHTER WILL NOT BONE SOME IDIOT KID NOT IN MY AMERICA

If my son wants to bone some chick, that's no problem, though.

H

Heavan

IN MY HOUSE MY DAUGHTER WILL NOT BONE SOME IDIOT KID NOT IN MY AMERICA

If my son wants to bone some chick, that's no problem, though.
There are not too many dads out there that will fist bump his 16 yo son for having sex.[/QUOTE]

Where are the rabid calls for the girl the son is having sex with to be brutally beaten? Oh, right, women are the pristine little angels who never have sex consensually unless it's with a boy you've approved of and they're over 30 and been married for six years. And even then you won't be okay with it. Sons having sex, well, mild discomfort (but good job son).

This is sexism, guys. No getting around it.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I guess this just isn't something people without kids would understand...
I have kids, a boy and a girl, and I don't understand this ridiculous attitude. I was once a teenage girl and got caught screwing my boyfriend in our living room by my dad. He didn't shoot my boyfriend, beat him up, or do anything other than to calmly tell us to get dressed. Later that night he pulled me aside and said that if he ever caught us again he would tell my mom.
If I was being raped, I'm sure my dad would have made the guy disappear.

Luckly, I'm still a virgin in my twenties. I skipped the possibility of having [STRIKE]angry psycho dad[/STRIKE] GREAT OR GREATEST DAD shoot me for screwing with his teenage girl.

H

Heavan

Luckly, I'm still a virgin in my twenties. I skipped the possibility of having [STRIKE]angry psycho dad[/STRIKE] GREAT OR GREATEST DAD shoot me for screwing with his teenage girl.
You think being over 20 will stop these guys? They'll probably shoot you double the amount because adults are harder to kill.

You think being over 20 will stop these guys? They'll probably shoot you double the amount because adults are harder to kill.[/QUOTE]

Well, I WON'T SCREW 16 YEAR OLD GIRLS, MAN!

Also, I think I wouldn't be shot. I'd be terribly pathetic, wetting myself and all that.

M

Morgoth

I have a daughter that I would kill (as in kill other people, not her so much) to protect from harm. BUT, I would never think to shoot a guy she's having consensual sex with. Chances are I'd toss the guy across the room a little and boot his ass out the door naked (since I find it more than a little disrespectful to pork a guys 16-year-old daughter in his house when there's a chance of getting caught).

I don't believe I'd have it in me to actually shoot the guy, but I do believe I'd slam him into the door-jam a few times before branding him on the ass with the embossed Nike logo on the bottom of my shoe. That would at the least make him think twice about pulling that kind of crap in my house.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

What? If you're implying what I think you're implying, you can go straight to hell in a hand-basket.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I guess this just isn't something people without kids would understand...
I have kids, a boy and a girl, and I don't understand this ridiculous attitude. I was once a teenage girl and got caught screwing my boyfriend in our living room by my dad. He didn't shoot my boyfriend, beat him up, or do anything other than to calmly tell us to get dressed. Later that night he pulled me aside and said that if he ever caught us again he would tell my mom.
If I was being raped, I'm sure my dad would have made the guy disappear.[/quote]

Okay, I mean this in the nicest way, but do some of you understand the concept of exaggeration? My first comment, "I'd like to shake his hand" was a joke. It's a play on the gag that many American fathers say they'll shoot their daughter's boyfriends and bury them in the backyard. Sigh...

I can see myself doing what your father did to picking him up and throwing the kid out of my house, but I would never shoot someone. I don't seem to know where these allegations are coming from? I don't understand why I'm being made a bad guy here because I can sympathize with a father wanting to protect his daughter?

I don't seem to know where these allegations are coming from? I don't understand why I'm being made a bad guy here because I can sympathize with a father wanting to protect his daughter?
My take: Because the guy didn't just "want to protect his daughter," he shot an 18-year-old kid who wasn't raping her, and you wrote a post calling him either a great, or THE greatest dad. Which implied pretty strongly you were in favor of the shooting.

M

Morgoth

I don't seem to know where these allegations are coming from? I don't understand why I'm being made a bad guy here because I can sympathize with a father wanting to protect his daughter?
My take: Because the guy didn't just "want to protect his daughter," he shot an 18-year-old kid who wasn't raping her, and you wrote a post calling him either a great, or THE greatest dad. Which implied pretty strongly you were in favor of the shooting.[/quote]

Sarcasm: great whoosh over one's head, or greatest whoosh? Who could honestly take sides with shooting someone over that?!? Come on now, use some common sense!

Sarcasm: great whoosh over one's head, or greatest whoosh? Who could honestly take sides with shooting someone over that?!? Come on now, use some common sense!
You asked, I answered. And this forum has proved itself in favor of far stranger things than that.

My take: Because the guy didn't just "want to protect his daughter," he shot an 18-year-old kid who wasn't raping her, and you wrote a post calling him either a great, or THE greatest dad. Which implied pretty strongly you were in favor of the shooting.[/quote]

Sarcasm: great whoosh over one's head, or greatest whoosh? Who could honestly take sides with shooting someone over that?!? Come on now, use some common sense![/QUOTE]

OR I'LL SHOOT YOU!

M

Morgoth

You asked, I answered. And this forum has proved itself in favor of far stranger things than that.[/QUOTE]

My bloody second post explains that I'm not being at all serious about the subject! Should I use 72pt font and rainbow letters next time?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

ZenMonkey;276332 said:
My take: Because the guy didn't just "want to protect his daughter," he shot an 18-year-old kid who wasn't raping her, and you wrote a post calling him either a great, or THE greatest dad. Which implied pretty strongly you were in favor of the shooting.

OR I'LL SHOOT YOU![/QUOTE]

Touche good sir, touche!

You asked, I answered. And this forum has proved itself in favor of far stranger things than that.[/QUOTE]

My bloody second post explains that I'm not being at all serious about the subject! Should I use 72pt font and rainbow letters next time?[/QUOTE]

Only if it is an animated gif.

M

Morgoth

You asked, I answered. And this forum has proved itself in favor of far stranger things than that.[/quote]

My bloody second post explains that I'm not being at all serious about the subject! Should I use 72pt font and rainbow letters next time?[/quote]

Only if it is an animated gif.[/QUOTE]

Will a demotivational poster do?

You asked, I answered. And this forum has proved itself in favor of far stranger things than that.[/quote]

My bloody second post explains that I'm not being at all serious about the subject! Should I use 72pt font and rainbow letters next time?[/quote]

Only if it is an animated gif.[/QUOTE]

Will a demotivational poster do?

[/QUOTE]

Only because you liked my "or I'll shoot you" joke.

My bloody second post explains that I'm not being at all serious about the subject! Should I use 72pt font and rainbow letters next time?
If you like, or you could bitch at the people actually accusing you of stuff and not at the person trying to spell it out for you.

M

Morgoth

If you like, or you could bitch at the people actually accusing you of stuff and not at the person trying to spell it out for you.[/QUOTE]

What fun is there in not shooting the messenger?

Status
Not open for further replies.