Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

G

Geno Garon

Video Games 31 of 33

Ezio & [STRIKE]???[/STRIKE] Leonardo (thanks AshburnerX)
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but... THAT'S ME! On a completely unrelated search, I saw my picture was posted here, under "The Pros of Cons". I'm so glad you guys liked it, but my GOODNESS, my armor and pieces are A MESS in this shot. I'll be doing some more cosplaying (with a Rosa this time) in the next few weeks, so hopefully I'll have myself cleaned up a little bit more, and I have a few new accessories (Sword of Altair, beaded necklace, etc) to go with it. In the meantime, MOAR PICS!

Okay, enough whoring myself out. I'll try to share other cosplayers' pics I take over the next convention season, if that's okay with you, figment. If not, sorry for gumming up your thread with my narcissism.

MOAR!

No, seriously, we encourage people to post their own pics. figmetPez is the man around here when it comes to cosplay, and he does a fantastic job basically running this thread. But we always want more! Always feel welcome to share your own pictures.

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay, enough whoring myself out. I'll try to share other cosplayers' pics I take over the next convention season, if that's okay with you, figment. If not, sorry for gumming up your thread with my narcissism.
Please do share whatever pics you have. They're especially welcome while I'm busy taking care of real life issues.

Welcome to the forums, and keep up the great cosplay.

went to high school with this guy, his name is tyler, kind of amazing...his whole circle of friends are neat...I know most of them...

figmentPez

Staff member
Picture 006.jpg

Alley Viper (played by figmentPez)

"Pez, what the hell is bad cosplay doing in the Good Cosplay Thread?"

This is a reminder that there's less than a week to go before the deadline for the Cosplay Bounty contest. It took me less than 30 minutes to throw this "costume" together out of scrap paper and crayons. That's all it would take to win the contest at this point, if I were eligible, that is. It's my contest, I can't win, but I want someone to. C'mon throw together some hare-brained costume and get your name on the list! If everyone else is lazier than you are, then you'll get Portal 2. Even if someone makes a real costume, you'll still have a shot at the other great games!

A reminder that the rules changed, and now you can enter with any character that hasn't been posted in The Good Cosplay Thread (pt 2 or 3). There are a lot of characters out there that have been cosplayed, but haven't shown up yet. Some characters include Barry from Alan Wake, the girls from Sucker Punch, Ashley Spinelli from Recess... Heck, I could probably spend another half-hour coming up with a list of characters, it's not hard.

Make your own costume if you want to win Portal 2, find a pic of someone else's if you want to win one of the other prizes!

C

coolsteel

IMG_8542 by coolsteel27, on Flickr

And yeah he had to do the Robcop waddle just to walk around, really made me understand why Peter Weller couldn't take wearing the suit anymore.

figmentPez

Staff member
While I'm still not sure when I'll get back to updating regularly, I'm too impatient to wait on this one:

Lana Kane from Archer (identified with the help of heatherling)

MissKitQuinn is looking amazing but I don't know who she's cosplaying. My first thought was Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever, but it doesn't quite match.

Also, some video finds:

footage from WonderCon 2011 (includes shots of the Justice Leage crossplay)

<can't embed>
LaniPator of Team Four Star talks about his Time at Anime Detour - not a lot of cosplay video, but it's fun to watch if you're a fan of DBZ Abridged.

Lana's got an orange dress as well as the white one.

(.gif not meant to be snarky, it was the only decently sized snapshot I could find of the orange dress.)

figmentPez

Staff member
@JessicaMerizan tweets:
"Ok I have 2 days to get exactly 666 followers (no more/less). I think this will save humanity. Make me proud. Make yourselves proud."

Jessica cosplays an awesome Hawke from Dragon Age 2, so I'm sure that this request is of utmost importance. She's currently at 646 followers, it won't take much.

Shepard and Hawke - Mass Effect and Dragon Age 2 (played by Holly Conrad and Jessica Merizan of Crabcat Industries)

I am going to get back to updating the thread, and soon I hope, but I can't make any promises on when.