Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

figmentPez

Staff member
While I work on posting this set, is anyone interested in a recap of the best photos of the first 50 pages of GCTpt3? If so, should I post them here, or put them in a separate thread?

Video Games - Fighting Games 3 of 6

Hsien Ko (Darkstalkers)

Lilith (Darkstalkers)

Lilith (Darkstalkers)

I don't know if this is Lilith or Morrigan (Darkstalkers)

Morrigan (Darkstalkers)

Morrigan (Darkstalkers)

fade

Staff member
Every time I see one of those Felicia costumes, I think, "Man that would make for one awesome back-scratching!"

Nothing wrong with that; there's one guy (whose work I believe you've posted) who makes extensive use of Photoshop in his cosplay photos to great effect. But shoddy work like this... well, it's not a big deal, but it annoys me.

figmentPez

Staff member
Video Games - Fighting Games 6 of 6

Cammy (Street Fighter)

Juni (Street Fighter) - thanks Allen for the correction (and I was going to ask for all Cammy cosplay to be redheads in the future... so much for that plan.)

Poison (Street Fighter)

Crimson Viper (Street Fighter)

Sakura (Street Fighter) - played by heatherling

Lilith (Darkstalkers)
This is Kasea VP: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kasea-Vp-Cosplay-Fanpage/294480339215
Added at: 19:59

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Foxtale http://www.cosplay.com/costume/294716/
LOVE her Chun-Li btw... her costumes are always fantastic!
Added at: 20:02
Video Games - Fighting Games 5 of 6

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
JesV of This Week in Video Games: http://thisweekin.com/thisweekin-video-games/this-week-in-video-games-45/

figmentPez

Staff member
Couple of cosplay related news items:

First, congratulations to the crew at Crabcat Industries (which includes several cosplayers seen in this thread.) Their amazing cosplay skills got them working making costumes for the live action portion of the Mass Effect 3 trailer at E3. Way to go!

Second, The Third Year Anniversary of TGWTG.com Teaser went up today, and it's got some cheesy looking costumes, but also some pretty good ones. MarzGurl as Princess Mononoke definitely stands out to me, but also notable are the Nostalgia Chick as Arwen, Obscurus Lupa as Snow White, the Nostalgia Critic as Link, Phelous as... a Boomer from L4D maybe?, 8-bit Mickey in a Peter Pan costume, Angry Joe as Inigo Montoya (I think), Cinema Snob as Indiana Jones, Film Brain as Harry Potter, Spoony as Gandalf, Todd in the Shadows as the Dread Pirate Roberts and Jew Wario as Jareth the Goblin King. I'm not sure who Linkara is, maybe he's taking over Spoony's role as the Avatar.

I'm really looking forward to the final product. I'll be low budget, terribly cheesy and some of the acting is sure to be horrible, but it'll also be self-aware and likely pretty funny as well. Last year I loved some parts, hated others, but it was a great ride. Here's hoping this year goes even better.

Huh, I haven't seen enough episodes of TWiVG to recognize her... I wonder if Andrea Rene cosplays. :cool:

Thanks for the indentifications heatherling! I love knowing who the cosplayers are. I'm terrible at recognizing people, though, and even worse at remembering names. I do try, though.
I think I've only seen one episode haha... she used to write for GameGirl.com though so I've been following her, Nikole and Raychul since before that blog died. :D

You have reached page 52!

I demand some DC cosplay! :p Emphasis on Booster Gold, The Question and others who were featured in that blessed series.