Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

Cajungal

Staff member
"Fanged mushroom".... I'm not positive but I think that's an enemy from Ragnarok, the MMO. It's a Spore. Maybe.

B&W Striped is Ciel from Black Butler

Blue Suit is also Ciel from Black Butler

And I'm thinking Little chains and claws is Lelouch from Code Geass

Purple and Red is Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier
(Sorry all I could find was a picture of a figurine, besides other cosplayers)
[/IMG]

Dragon Bellydancer is an origianl design by Lillyxandra, you can check out a full gallery of that costume at firefly-path.net

Yeah, wow, I think I'm done..hee! =^^=

Rith from Magna Carta

Quick note: the character designer, Hyung-tae Kim, does some great stuff, and is IMO worth checking out if you dig illustration.

-edit-

Rather late for anyone to notice, but after spending some time looking over more of his work, I'm going to temper my recommendation. There's a lot about his work I enjoy: inventive costume design, attractive characters, really enjoy his digital painting skills, but his figures are a crime against anatomy.

I mean, it's like if Rob Liefield decided to go into anime: wildly disproportionate body parts, upper bodies that seem able to move independently from the pelvic girdle, more than a couple instances of women posed with what appears to be a detached femur. I mean, the man is obviously skilled so I wonder if some of the distortions are done on purpose, but that can't excuse everything. Eh, whatever, rant over.

figmentPez

Staff member
B&W Striped is Ciel from Black Butler
Ahhhhh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Another cosplay of Ciel was in my runner's up group for the top pics from the last thread, and ever since I saw another version it's bugged me that I didn't know who it was.

Purple and Red is Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier
Doh! I'm pretty sure someone identified another version of Sheryl Nome for me before. So many many characters. I guess I shouldn't kick myself for not remembering them all.

Dragon Bellydancer is an origianl design by Lillyxandra, you can check out a full gallery of that costume at firefly-path.net
Neat! A new cosplayer to keep an eye out for. I'll have to check out her site more fully when I have the time. I'll also update posts with identfications later too. Thanks for all the help, everyone.

You are welcome figmentpez! I'm happy to help! Oh, and I'm pretty sure Lillyxandra designed the dragon bellydancer, but that is not her wearing it. But yeah! Awesome possum! =^^=

S

Sin_Omnis

Instead of attaching the photos to the post, just wrap the url between IMG tags. It should look like this (without the asterisks in the actual tags):
Code:
[img*]typeyoururlhere[/img*]
And your finished product should be something like this:
I should've known better :oops:

Ok:

Akasha

Harley Quinn (head shot)

Astaroth

Old Snake + Master Chief

I got no idea who this is

Guile