Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

"followers of Jenova" = Kadaj and/or Loz from FFVII: Advent children. They also have the box which contained the last bits of Jenova.
Ah, I've never seen Advent Children. I thought they were the black robed things in FF7 that said "Reunion...". One of them had a box, I think, but I thought they all were just numbers, no names.[/QUOTE]

Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo aren't from the games, but are rather the essence of Sephiroth divided into three parts by the Lifestream following his death. They basically spend the movie trying to control the minds of children with Geostigma or attempting to get the last remains of Jenova so they can become whole and Sephiroth can be reborn. Loz and Yazoo aren't too important, but Kadaj is.

figmentPez

Staff member
Star Wars

Female Stormtrooper (Someone's birthday has to be coming soon.)

Darth Bane (fan interpretation)

Darth Bane

Leia (cosplayed by Kelldar)

Jawa

Mandalorian

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I must nit-pick, sorry.

This is Sophitia, not Cassandra. Though the two are sisters and therefore very close.
No need to apologize, or even call it nit-picking. It's hard enough to identify characters from stuff I've played/watched myself. I don't play fighting games, and the only reason I got as close as I did was because the photo is tagged "Soul" and "Calibur" (argh! Tag it "Soul Calibur" you moron!) Sometimes it takes more than a Wikipedia check to figure out what characters are in a game, and getting accurately labeled images of those characters takes even more time. (Gah! Would it kill people writing a Wiki article to include a phsyical description of a character? Do you know how many times I've had to do multiple searches just to figure out what various characters look like because no one thinks to mention which characters have green hair, or who always dresses in purple.)

Sorry, ranting. Identifying cosplay is a pain, and it doesn't bother me when people point out that I got something wrong.

E

Element 117

People who don't play fighting games are the scum of the CPU.

Oh, sticks and stones, Amy-monster. *grins and ducks*

Seriously, tho, I don't play 'em because I suck. Unless it's Street Fighter Alpha 3. Then Sakura is gonna EAT YER FACE.

figmentPez

Staff member
It is time once again to show the limits of my pop-culture knowlege.

Unknown Cosplay! 1 of 13

Crusaders

Blue Musical Act but not the Blue Man Group - identified by Silver Jelly as the Crescendolls from Interstella 55555.

Familiar Fantasy Females - sersiouly, they all look like I should know them, but they don't all seem from the same place. - Identified by Gusto as "Alice, the White Queen, and the Red Queen from Tim Burton's Alice".

Panda Shields

Mechs and humans - identified as Armored Trooper Votoms by Officer Charon

Dark Fairy

2nd unknown is Daft Punk from te One More Time video (I believe), and 3rd photo is Alic, the White Queen, and the REd Queen from Tim Burton's Alice.

"Mechs and Humans" Is from Armored Trooper Votoms, and I'm not sure about those fantasy females not being from the recent "Alice In Wonderland" - didn't Alice have a suit of armor in that?

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Well-ninja'd, Gusto. *grins*

At least two of the fantasy females are the White Queen and Red Queen from the new Alice in Wonderland. I haven't actually seen the movie, so I'm not sure about the middle one.